• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Montana Football 16

Umm yeah. It's going to be on PC the same way all those other games will be on PC. Only if you own an Xbox 1.

The rumour had it as a PC game too. Last I checked MS were upping their support on PC, which can only be ignored if you are literally unwillingly to see the facts.

Aesius

If this is MS published or XB exclusive, wouldn't it make more sense if this was College Football? I know the NCAA rights are shit now after the likeness ruling, but I thought there was wiggle room if deals were signed directly with the conferences or something.

The death of the NCAA franchise kills me. My only hope now is that this game comes to PC and modders are able to add NCAA teams and stadiums somehow.

The rumour had it as a PC game too. Last I checked MS were upping their support on PC, which can only be ignored if you are literally unwillingly to see the facts.

Name a game for me that would move consoles that MS has allowed on PC. You are not getting Halo on PC, you are not getting Gears on PC, and you are definitely not getting the football title that would help Xbox 1 at least win NA.

That's what this is about. They've lost everywhere else and there is no hope of turning that around. But you show NA console gamers a football game that shows just how pathetic Maddens "improvements" have been in comparison to the rest of the industry, you win America.

Zedox

Name a game for me that would move consoles that MS has allowed on PC. You are not getting Halo on PC, you are not getting Gears on PC, and you are definitely not getting the football title that would help Xbox 1 at least win NA.

That's what this is about. They've lost everywhere else and there is no hope of turning that around. But you show NA console gamers a football game that shows just how pathetic Maddens "improvements" have been in comparison to the rest of the industry, you win America.

MS is not only trying to sell consoles. Software is cheaper and since the Windows 10 reveal, they've shown that they are trying to make software on the Windows 10 platform (which includes Xbox). Obviously they want to move consoles, they will make games that are exclusive for the Xbox, but this type of game needs numbers anywhere as they are going up against Madden. MS trying to get into the PC gaming market, well...when was the last football sim on PC? That would garner a lot of attention (besides getting something other than Madden). I wouldn't be worried about it being on PC, I'm more worried about it coming out period. I just hope the rumor is more true than not.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Im feeling pretty good about this game being on PC if the original rumour is correct, they've started announcing more games for PC but they aren't going to just announce everything they've already released in one move.

Also, you're getting Halo Online and seeing as the Gears thing so far is only for Gears 1, a game that is already on PC, I think you should be grateful!

Ziffles

You are not getting Halo on PC, you are not getting Gears on PC, and you are definitely not getting the football title that would help Xbox 1 at least win NA.
/
image.php

blakep267

Yeah I mean if you are to believe 1 part of the rumor why not believe the windows 10 part also.

And it being on Windows 10 doesn't really hamper possible hardware sales. I don't think Maddens core audience are going to be building PCs and playing the game rather than a home console which they are used to

Wow, that was some quick goalpost shuffling :p

It'll probably be Win 10/Xbox crossplay and cross save. Maybe even crossbuy, if they're really going all in.

teraMEL0S

Microsoft should sell the software. Let us have pcs and give us all the games. Build a Xbox PC and sell it at a reasonable price but allow enthusiasts to construct a better bit of hardware for greater performance. Stick to the Microsoft ecosystem and you have a win-win.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
For what it's worth RE: PC release, the dev has teased Oculus support for the game multiple times. Said they've used it in the game and it's amazing.

Circinus

Their goal is ultimately to generate revenue and profit by selling games.

PC game revenue isn't something that is negligible at all, and since Microsoft is a company which core business revolves around PC, computing software, it only makes sense to embrace that as well in my humble opinion.

If they think they can increase long-term revenue for games and increase marketshare by going full cross-platform between Xbox and Windows, they'll do it, and it only makes sense and it only has benefits for consumers I think. (do XB1 players lose anything? No, I don't think so. Unless you specifically bought an XB1 just to play some exclusive games)

And I think, they're going to try to really establish their storefront on Windows as a distribution platform for video games to compete with Steam.

Their goal is ultimately to generate revenue and profit by selling games.

If that were their only goal then MS would have dropped the entire Xbox division long ago. And probably will after this generation.

This is what has caused investors to complain about the Xbox division. The money spent in that division would return far ... far more profits if they invested it into the services side of Windows instead of the xbox division.

The Xbox division is up against a wall. The xbox has finished in a very distant 2nd place that was damn near 3rd place. Xbox 360 finished squarely in 3rd place last gen. Most people know that. In fact most people seem to think the the 360 won last gen. It didnt. The xbox 360 came in last place last gen.

And where are they once again with the Xbox1? A very distant 2nd place with a new console from Nintendo right around the corner.

The only reason they are making this game is to win NA for xbox and keep the division going instead of being axed like the investors want. And the truth is the investors are right. It's their money invested in MS. Why wouldnt they want a better return on their money? Even if the Xbox were finishing in 1st place every gen there would still be more return for investors if the Xbox divisions money were spent elsewhere in the company.

Thats what the entire xbox division is up against. A console that has either finished in last place or close enough to last place that it doesnt matter. Every generation.

They are in this to save the xbox division.

Zedox

If that were their only goal then MS would have dropped the entire Xbox division long ago. And probably will after this generation.

Then how would they sell software for people in front of the TV? The Xbox is the way to do that. That's why they are putting Windows 10 store for the Xbox as well...selling software wherever people are.

Well, since Tiburon has given up on PC Madden since 2008 it would be nice if this came to PC.

I'm still playing Madden 08 because if it's coach mode and multiteam ownership. Would be nice to see updated football graphics on the new PC I'm building though.

I really don't think they're threatened by football being on PC. Anyone who would opt to play a AAA football game along the likes of Madden on PC is someone who probably would have zero intention of playing it on console. At that point it's added sales.

I really don't think they're threatened by football being on PC. Anyone who would opt to play a AAA football game along the likes of Madden on PC is someone who probably would have zero intention of playing it on console. At that point it's added sales.

You could say the same about any game. It's not true. If a game will move consoles then it isnt coming to pc. No football, no gears, no Halo. Theres a reason those other 2 games arent on PC anymore. It isnt because they wont sell.

You could say the same about any game. It's not true. If a game will move consoles then it isnt coming to pc. No football, no gears, no Halo. Theres a reason those other 2 games arent on PC anymore. It isnt because they wont sell.

I think this is the attitude they've had for a while, but has since switched as of Win10. I agree we're still not likely to see something like Halo or Gears on PC (at least day and date), but I also doubt football falls in to that category. Especially one that's not being made internally. I guess we'll see either way soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NickFire

Unless the EA / NFL contract is almost up or subject to NFL rescission shortly, then this game has to be a 1stparty exclusive to have any meaningful chance of commercial success.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Well, that escalated quickly.

Im feeling pretty good about this game being on PC if the original rumour is correct, they've started announcing more games for PC but they aren't going to just announce everything they've already released in one move.

Also, you're getting Halo Online and seeing as the Gears thing so far is only for Gears 1, a game that is already on PC, I think you should be grateful!

I agree with you. But Gears 1 is not on pc anymore (at least not easily). Since they removed the game from windows marktplace unless you get luck and find a retail copy (amazon has it in stock, but for anyone outside of U.S that's like nothing) there's no way that you could buy and play the game now.

shandy706

I wish this was College Football, but I'd take a Madden competitor with great physics and AI any day.

I bought Madden 25 ($15) and Madden 15 ($30). I was disappointed in both :(. I absolutely LOVE the game of football, but can't seem to get into Madden anymore.

Are they holding off till E3 on this?!

That's really waiting till the last second.

I agree with you. But Gears 1 is not on pc anymore (at least not easily). Since they removed the game from windows marktplace unless you get luck and find a retail copy (amazon has it in stock, but for anyone outside of U.S that's like nothing) there's no way that you could buy and play the game now.

I think with the Gears 1 leak whatever they do for it will have cross-play on PC with the PC original but they'll make some adjustments/fixes to it (if its not too much work), seems to be based on the PC version from the leak too

This is what has caused investors to complain about the Xbox division. The money spent in that division would return far ... far more profits if they invested it into the services side of Windows instead of the xbox division.

The Xbox division is up against a wall. The xbox has finished in a very distant 2nd place that was damn near 3rd place. Xbox 360 finished squarely in 3rd place last gen. Most people know that. In fact most people seem to think the the 360 won last gen. It didnt. The xbox 360 came in last place last gen.

And where are they once again with the Xbox1? A very distant 2nd place with a new console from Nintendo right around the corner.

The only reason they are making this game is to win NA for xbox and keep the division going instead of being axed like the investors want. And the truth is the investors are right. It's their money invested in MS. Why wouldnt they want a better return on their money? Even if the Xbox were finishing in 1st place every gen there would still be more return for investors if the Xbox divisions money were spent elsewhere in the company.

Thats what the entire xbox division is up against. A console that has either finished in last place or close enough to last place that it doesnt matter. Every generation.

They are in this to save the xbox division.

Wanna bet?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I think with the Gears 1 leak whatever they do for it will have cross-play on PC with the PC original but they'll make some adjustments/fixes to it (if its not too much work), seems to be based on the PC version from the leak too

I hope that's what they are doing. I wanted to play the first couple months ago, and tried to find a place to buy the pc version as i don't have an X360 anymore. Unfortunately i didn't find any place were the game was offered as a download.

Unfortunately I dont have a more recent version of this. It's 2 years out of date.

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

Dont do this to yourselves.

What games has MS announced for PC? Not PC crossplay. But PC. Nothing that will mocve consoles and certainly not the game that will help MS win at least NA this gen. Without this football game Xbox 1 has no chance of even winning in NA.

Unfortunately I dont have a more recent version of this. It's 2 years out of date.

Dont do this to yourselves.

What games has MS announced for PC? Not PC crossplay. But PC. Nothing that will mocve consoles and certainly not the game that will help MS win at least NA this gen. Without this football game Xbox 1 has no chance of even winning in NA.

Fable Legends and Gigantic so far, get with the times!

Zedox

Whatever but I just can't wait to see gameplay, hope that they have the NFL license (according to rumor) and come out July (like NFL 2K5). I need another football sim game. I already have an Xbox One, and I own a PC so I don't care if it goes to one or the other. I just need something to beat the crap out of Madden so we can get competition back.

jaypah

Also they're nabbing League of Legends as well. I don't know if it will be exclusively distributed via the store, but it's a huge get either way, being the most popular PC game of like, forever.

I don't think that's a real thing, is it?

On topic, I could totally see this coming to PC. It's not really the type of thing to keep locked up to a console in this climate. Especially with the whole Win10 synergy they're building up.

I don't think that's a real thing, is it?

On topic, I could totally see this coming to PC. It's not really the type of thing to keep locked up to a console in this climate. Especially with the whole Win10 synergy they're building up.

I see MS wanting to cash in on the PC user base starved of Madden since 2008 rather than thinking it will kill Xbox One sales. I think it would be good for both

Bsigg12

Also they're nabbing League of Legends as well. I don't know if it will be exclusively distributed via the store, but it's a huge get either way, being the most popular PC game of like, forever.

Where are you hearing/seeing this? SMITE is pretty awesome but a moba like DOTA or League would be fun if done correctly.

Lingitiz

I see MS wanting to cash in on the PC user base starved of Madden since 2008 rather than thinking it will kill Xbox One sales. I think it would be good for both

If 2K is involved as the rumor says, it being on PC would be something they would push in order to help make up for the fact that it's a console exclusive.

Buzzbrad

Don't be surprised if you see Halo and Gears on PC soon enough. With Microsoft entering the PC market with their own steam like service and if Halo and Gears were exclusive on there it would explode.

If 2K is involved as the rumor says, it being on PC would be something they would push in order to help make up for the fact that it's a console exclusive.

The rumour suggests they bought tech and people from 2k, not necessarily they're involved in actually developing? Its been denied too I think

Zedox

2K's involvement was moreso some tech and employees being bought.

Buzzbrad said:
Don't be surprised if you see Halo and Gears on PC soon enough. With Microsoft entering the PC market with their own steam like service and if Halo and Gears were exclusive on there it would explode.

If I see a Halo game go to PC, it would probably be the last Halo...not Halo 5 (development time) but if it does come to PC, maybe a year or so down the road. Gears (the new one, not remaster) I definitely see coming to Xbox and PC.

Neither of those games will move consoles. Fable never has. That's why fable is on PC.

Wah wah wah, moving goal posts.

Fable 2/3 were huge on Xbox 360 and those are just the first two announcements along with the other load of games Microsoft have just been releasing on PC like Ori, State of Decay, Max, Kalimba, Lococycle, Fable Anniversary, Halo Spartan Assault/Spartan Strike, Rise of Nations Extended Edition, Age of Empires II HD and Age of Mythology Extended Edition.

More will come, but they aren't going to blow their load in 1 event

Wah wah wah, moving goal posts.

Not once have I not said games that will move consoles.

Fable 2/3 were huge on Xbox 360 and those are just the first two announcements along with the other load of games Microsoft have just been releasing on PC like Ori, State of Decay, Max, Kalimba, Lococycle, Fable Anniversary, Halo Spartan Assault/Spartan Strike, Rise of Nations Extended Edition, Age of Empires II HD and Age of Mythology Extended Edition.

More will come, but they aren't going to blow their load in 1 event

None of those games sell consoles.

Can we get the title of this thread changed? Every time it's bumped, it makes me think it has been officially announced or new information. So can the title say, (Not Announced Yet) Joe Montana Football 16

Lingitiz

The rumour suggests they bought tech and people from 2k, not necessarily they're involved in actually developing? Its been denied too I think

Ahh i see, didn't realize that they are not actually involved in any contractual deals. So I guess we're under the assumption that MS set up a new internal team for development?

Ahh i see, didn't realize that they are not actually involved in any contractual deals. So I guess we're under the assumption that MS set up a new internal team for development?

Doesnt MS have a bunch of studios / teams started in recent years that are still working on unannounced stuff?

Maybe one of them are working on this. (if this whole rumour pans out)

Doesnt MS have a bunch of studios / teams started in recent years that are still working on unannounced stuff?

Maybe one of them are working on this. (if this whole rumour pans out)

Damon Grow says he works at "Super Secret Sports Company"

As far as I can tell I haven't seen anything internal and all their new studios accounted for (LXP, Platform Next, SOTA, Function = Hololens, Decisive Games = strategy game) so could be an external studio they've partnered with or something they have incredibly quiet, which would be impressive.

Top Bottom