• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Montana Football 16

Camp Lo

Banned
Don't play with me like this, Joe.

I'm betting it's a phone game.

omfg_abe_simpson_in_and_out.gif

my first thought is either a phone game or rebranding backbreaker. I would rather someone get the college licence back, it was always the better game compared to madden. But doubt this will have the NFL licence.

Camp Lo

Banned
my first thought is either a phone game or rebranding backbreaker. I would rather someone get the college licence back, it was always the better game compared to madden. But doubt this will have the NFL licence.

That'll never happen. I loved the NCAA tenfold over madden games too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This news is well-timed, tomorrow will be the last ever game at Candlestick Park: the Legends of Candlestick flag football matchup!

http://legendsofcandlestick.com/

Legends of Candlestick
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Steve Young
Roger Craig
Dwight Clark
Ronnie Lott
Brent Jones
Jesse Sapolu
Bill Ring
Isaac Bruce
Bubba Paris
Charles Haley
Dwight Hicks
Eric Davis
Eric Wright
Guy McIntyre
John Taylor
Keena Turner
Mike Shumann
Mike Wilson
Tim Mckyer
Tom Rathman
Barry Helton
Bruce Collie
Jim Burt
Junior Bryant
Kevin Fagan
Michael Walter
Riki Ellison
Jeff Garcia
Tony Parrish
Walt Harris
Wesley Walls

vs the Dan Marino All Stars
Dan Marino
Tim Brown
Drew Bledsoe
James Lofton
Eddie McCaffrey
Anthony Munoz
Bart Oates
Dana Stubblefield
Eric Allen
Marcellus Wiley
Mark Collins
Mark Jackson
Terry Kirby
Byron Chamberlain
Carnell Lake
Dan Saleaumua
Dave Krieg
Dave Szott
Dixon Edwards
Everson Walls
Greg Townsend
Michael Perry
Mike Sherrard
Robert Griffith
Ron Heller
Scottie Graham
Tony Casillas

dubc35

Due to EA owning NFL rights I think the roster update for the Tecmo Super Bowl ROM each year is the best NFL game every year for the foreseeable future. 1991 for life!

jwhit28

That'll never happen. I loved the NCAA tenfold over madden games too.

We will NEVER get a NCAAF game with playoffs. We will never be able to fix the conferences in CollegeHoops2k8.

Also I miss 2k sports soundtracks when they actually had to be creative and didn't have the money to license whatever was being played in arenas that year.

Afrikan

This news is well-timed, tomorrow will be the last ever game at Candlestick Park: the Legends of Candlestick flag football matchup!

http://legendsofcandlestick.com/

just got my tickets... man everytime I clicked an available seat, it told me that someone just took it....lol... but finally got one....went all out on a seat.

this event and Bill Walsh's memorable at Candlesitck, will forever be in my memory.

I used to play the hell out of Joe Montana Sports Talk Football 1 and 2 on Genesis. Those two games, then NFL 95 and 96: Prime Time were pretty terrible, though still memorable. Up until NFL 96: Prime TIme, every glitch and exploit from Joe Montana 2 was still there. Want to score a TD on every play? Use the dive button, you can't be tackled while on the ground, so you could continue to hit dive (C I think) over and over until you'd be in the endzone. Want to catch every pass? Literally *EVERY* pass? Dive onto the ground. The ball will magically land on you for a reception and you can't be tackled while on the ground. Want to kick the ball off and receive it yourself? Press the dive button 10 times... You can dive down the field before the ball is snapped as many times as you want and won't be called for offsides or anything, and start the play in your opponents endzone, catch your own kickoff for a touchdown. You can also do this *As* the kicker (the best player to use because he has a straight line trajectory to his own kicked ball).

Even besides the glitches, Joe Montana and NFL 94 - 96 were complete shit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the case that first parties could always create an NFL licensed game if they wanted to but just never bothered because EA was doing it really well?

JustSquid

Dammit, this better not be a mobile game. I'd really like to have the NBA 2K "single player" in a American Football title.

As much as I would love this to be true, part of me doesn't because it would mean Hip Hop Gamer was sort of correct when he was hyping a new 2k football. And that's just not a world I want to live in.

Top Bottom