• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just 99 Xbox Ones were sold in Japan last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I see your point but

Japanese game culture still has an issue with ethnocentralism in both the consumer base and the industry there itself.

So does America largely, which is why most Japanese games are very niche regardless of their quality.

The Xbox is the inverse for America as well, those who game on Xbox dont like japanese games period, the numbers dont lie.

Banned
Yep he admitted as much in another thread when posting a convo of him "calling out" Greenberg haha.

Hence why people call him out in every thread and he gets all defensive and plays the victim lol.
The best is when he tags major Nelson like he's gonna give a fuck 😂

Shenmue

Banned
X-Patriots.

I think more 'western style' games are being localised exclusively for PS4, and not just Destiny.

I'm mostly referring to the exclusive ones. For Japanese fans who love their CoD, Star Wars, or destiny but still like their Jrpgs obviously they would get ps4. For the Japanese fan into halo and gow they would buy a xbox.

yyr

I saw 2015's exclusives. Nah, thanks.
That's how everyone else feels, which is why one console is killing the others.

I don't get your point. Why is PS4 winning because X1 had better exclusives in 2015 and prior? That makes zero sense. Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Rocket League are a good start, but most of the good exclusives aren't coming until this year. My PS4 is a dust collector until SFV comes out next month.

Anyway, even being as much of an X1 fan as I am, I'm shocked that they released in Japan at all. Not being a Japanese product and not having lots of Japan-developed titles announced before launch were already two strikes against them (were there any?), but my feeling is that the very late launch was strike three. 360 did pretty well over there considering it was a non-Japanese system, but not launching alongside the PS4 tells Japanese devs and players, "you are not our priority." Japanese have even more national pride than Americans; they're not going to live that down.

If anything, the fact that mobile gaming is on the rise and console gaming is on the decline is a fourth strike. That's too many, and the X1 is a total failure in Japan.

Adam802

Banned
Of course, its Japan, lol. Their console market sucks, even ps4 sells bad there compared to other regions. MS doesn't care about Japan (nor should they), so they don't even try to market it there at all.

Isn't this your Twitter account? Jesusfuckingchrist indeed.

umad.png

Biker19 used to have the shame schtick as Evilr. Go into Xbox related thread, post trash, get really, really offended by people calling out his 50-foot-wall-of-ice transparent agenda, and constantly insinuate that he was being discriminated against. And homie didn't even have a twitter feed littered with THAT kind of noise. LOL

Newsflash: Japan doesn't like console anymore, least of all, Microsoft branded consoles.

Please, try to remain calm and hold your gasps to a quiet murmor.

slapnuts

reminded me of the song 99 bottles of beer

but wow...This is what i was getting at the last NPD we just had...Many xbox fans were forgetting that PS4 is such a huge world wide lead that getting sucked into NPD numbers can be very misleading at the overall picture going on between the two consoles.

inner-G

Banned
I'm surprised anyone is buying it at all. I wonder what would push a Japanese gamer to buy an Xbox.
A lot of American military people that live on bases there would skew heavily towards the Xbox crowd, I'd guess, and really hardcore gamers will want to try everything.

Edit: lol at that Twitter

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Just don't fuck up the next console.

Do you think the Xbone is like, SEGA Saturn bad

I (and most Japanese gamers) definitely prefer the Saturn to the Xbone. Much more interesting titles on it. PS4 (or PC if you swing that way) makes the 'bone completely redundant. I still have no idea why someone would choose it over either, unless they REALLY like Halo or are really concerned about carrying over their gamer score from the 360.

jaypah

I doubt their investor would care. MS needs to swallow its pride and accept that Japan is not a viable market for them. But I guess this is all hindsight...

Not really. Hindsight when talking about last gen, sure. MS had to have known that the XB1 wasn't going to sell jack shit in Japan. That money could have went to literally anything else.

Lmao, fucking gross dude.

Consumer

Biker19 used to have the shame schtick as Evilr. Go into Xbox related thread, post trash, get really, really offended by people calling out his 50-foot-wall-of-ice transparent agenda, and constantly insinuate that he was being discriminated against. And homie didn't even have a twitter feed littered with THAT kind of noise. LOL

As right as you were about him being a Sony "fanboy", posting that Twitter link was uncalled for and really served no purpose in the discussion at hand. It was never about whether or not he was a fanboy, but about the fact that you accused him of being one -- which I'd argue is just as bad as actually being a fanboy. He wasn't wrong in saying their brand image has been tarnished to a degree and has consequently affected sales, so like I said, your shaming was uncalled for.

M52B28

Banned
As right as you were about him being a Sony "fanboy", posting that Twitter link was uncalled for and really served no purpose in the discussion at hand. It was never about whether or not he was a fanboy, but about the fact that you accused him of being one -- which I'd argue is just as bad as actually being a fanboy. He wasn't wrong in saying their brand image has been tarnished to a degree and has consequently affected sales, so like I said, your shaming was uncalled for.
How is it uncalled for?

That's pretty hilarious.

Warxard

Banned
I (and most Japanese gamers) definitely prefer the Saturn to the Xbone. Much more interesting titles on it. PS4 (or PC if you swing that way) makes the 'bone completely redundant. I still have no idea why someone would choose it over either, unless they REALLY like Halo or are really concerned about carrying over their gamer score from the 360.

OF course you would, anyone would. Hell, if I had the money (and didn't own one already) I'd sell my Xbone and put it towards a Japanese saturn. The Saturn has a library that appeals to japanese consumers. (It's literally the best 'Game Center' console of it's time.)

GnawtyDog

Banned
The novelty here is that is has fallen below 100 but it has been below 200 several times I think. It's selling horribly yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom