• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 screenshots Leaked [Update: New microtransaction hell screenshots]

Axass

Dug this up from an old thread:

a3CigKk.png

(Christofer Sundberg = Avalanche Studios founder and creative director)

Okay, it's basically set in stone.

Guile

Banned
To be honest the most fun I had with JC2 was with the 30 minute timed demo. The regular game was okay but kibda of boring and was filled with way too much useless content. Paying for the parts I want to play doesn't sound unappealing for this francise.
Holy shit are you me!? Think I've played that demo like 20 times on my PS3 back in 2009 (I think?), was pretty awesome but never actually bought the full game.

Foffy

Banned
Looks like a last gen, and may be riddled with F2P/microtransaction jazz?

Ugh, really hope this shit doesn't bleed to products like Hitman. At least when it happens there, it's on the mobile releases, where you expect it to be.

woen

Same ugly UI as always but I'm already hyped for a next-gen Just Cause...if there's not F2P model or little DLCs/micro-transactions everywhere in the game. It's a business model that's not good for the player, it's not like a good DLC.

rexor0717

I played the fuck out of JC2. I'm really starting to want to get a PS4. Plenty of games that are really catching my eye.

Zaku

I was hyped, you know.

Now I have that face, you know...that face when you're breathing good, fresh air that suddenly turns out to shit air.

That's my thought. Alternate has its place, but I don't think Just Cause is it. I don't see how it'd be a good fit for an open world game.

Certainly I'm not paying for in-game content piecemeal.

Man, just after Sleeping Dogs was killed for me, and Tomb Raider went Xbox One only, this happens.

Square enix what are you doing to your western devs? I have zero hype for the new Deus Ex now ;(

You want to hack that computer console? Oh, oh! Looks like someone ran out of Platinum Credits! Get one hundred Platinum Credits now for the low price of $9.99! Use these fantastic coins to unlock new weapons, new gadgets and even new levels!

Tired of having to play for twenty hours to unlock some good old Praxis Points? Well you are in luck because for the low price of $9.99 we'll give you five Deluxe Praxis Points!

Unlike regular Praxis Points that can be rented with the in-game Credits, these stay with you forever! Become a machine, right now, with Platinum Praxis Points!

Oh I can see it happening already!

I seem to remember a bunch of Avalanche quotes defending the Xbone's always online and DRM before all the 180s.
You mean like this?

Speaking to Co-founder and Chief Technical Officer of Avalanche Studios Linus Blomberg, we asked where the developer stands regarding Microsoft’s tactics and the issue of second games overall.

"The economies in games are changing; they have to in order to be sustainable. No one’s complaining about not being able to trade iOS games. Naturally that’s because they are much cheaper, but if second hand games contributed to the income of AAA game developers, then they could become cheaper too.

“In the end I think it will come down to how big that fee is."
http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-used...ining-about-not-being-able-to-trade-ios-games

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578253

Foffy

Banned
Have seen this reference multiple times. What happened with Sleeping Dogs? Not sure if I can handle bad news.

There's also the recent port to consoles of the game, ranking as one of the worst ports ever made in the last few years.

Somehow the game runs worse on XB1 and PS4 than it did on last gen hardware.

Vaga

Played JC2 on PS3 and loved it, incredibly fun game. If it's f2p fuck'em. It's like having sex with a beautiful girl then finding out the next day she's a whore. Good job spreading the cancer that is f2p stupid devs.

Umm dude, these are leaked screens from an obviously unfinished game, fps is not something to complain about....microtransactions on the other hand

It's funny seeing people react to the performance of unfinished builds. Optimization is one of the last steps before going into cert people... that's when the game's performance is actually brought into focus. Considering how close to 30 fps the game is running now, we can't be far off of a formal announcement.

Rockondevil

I hope it's good and if it must have this shitty F2P I hope they don't do it badly.
Loved the past Just Causes, so here's hoping for another great game.

Sendero

There's also the recent port to consoles of the game, ranking as one of the worst ports ever made in the last few years.

Somehow the game runs worse on XB1 and PS4 than it did on last gen hardware.
Ah, only got the HD PC version. Didn't know about that. But really, that twitter msg pretty much tells the whole story. If that's what they are aiming at, I have no business with them.

For context, Shinobi recently said this was going to be F2P and they were toying with the idea of rolling out the content on an island-by-island basis.

sn00zer

It's funny seeing people react to the performance of unfinished builds. Optimization is one of the last steps before going into cert people... that's when the game's performance is actually brought into focus. Considering how close to 30 fps the game is running now, we can't be far off of a formal announcement.

IQ and FPS analysis for announcement and leaked screens and trailers is getting kind of ridiculous on here lately. Game coming a year from now? Time to do an intensive resolution and frame rate analysis on every little piece of media until then.

Spaghetti

does anybody else find it immensely insulting that after you've handed over a premium price for a product, publishers are still trying to slip their hand in your pocket for more?

DryvBy

I think Saints Row needs to work on a bigger dildo to compete from the looks of it.

Game looks sick!!

Top Bottom