• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Xbox influencers and Ambassadors pulling support over multiplatform rumours

Draugoth

Gold Member
Screenshot-2024-02-06-132223-1440x831.jpg

Several notable Xbox influencers have publicly withdrawn their support for the brand, following media reports claiming that first-party Xbox games could soon start appearing on PlayStation.

Although not yet officially confirmed, the reports have led to a major backlash within the Xbox community, including from notable Xbox influencers with large followings, who are unhappy that games previously marketed as Xbox exclusives will be made available on other console platforms.

‘Timdog’, another notable Xbox influencer with 82,000 followers – including Spencer, Xbox’s marketing leads and the official Xbox account – made a more dramatic declaration on Monday, streaming a 7-hour Spaces audio discussion on X under the headline “I’m not an Xbox fanboy anymore”.

“It’s so easy to see Xbox is killing its hardware and putting a stake in the heart of it by doing this,” he said. “And there’s no going back… it’s dead.”

He later tweeted:

“Xbox could have killed Game Pass, say buy our exclusives and focus on our hardware and that’s 100 percent the better idea [than to] SAY LETS KILL EXCLUSIVES AND put Halo on PS5. The outrage would be half of this and guess what you might be back to having a healthy business.”

He added:

“Nothing changes other than I don’t support them like I have in past. If you like being lied to that’s a you thing. I have a set of standards that’s all. Cross them and well I respond.”

YouTuber Doc_Dark, a self-proclaimed “console war content creator”, posted a video in which he sang for three minutes about the situation.

“I pray to god that you remember, the beginning of this generation when we had a chance,” starts Doc_Dark’s original song. “Everything was lined up, but now it looks like it’s over,” he continued, holding aloft an Xbox Series S console. “I shouldn’t be crying, but I just can’t let it go… I can’t stop thinking about all the games we should’ve played that we never played.”

Xbox influencer, KidSmoove, another X user followed by Xbox executives, changed his Twitter banner to a logo reading, “Fuck Xbox”.

Elsewhere, some social media users have posted tweets stating that they’re trading in their consoles, with one showing receipts proving they have already done it, despite the reports still being unconfirmed at the time of writing.

In a more disturbing turn unrelated to any of the influencers mentioned in this story, Xbox’s senior media manager shared an image showing a message in which an anonymous user wished him harm over the situation.

This is not only on the community side whomever, reports via MAGG Podcat says sources inside Xbox say , staff are dissatisfied with changes in their compensation structure, particularly the absence of sales bonuses under Xbox's ownership. Xbox does not disclose sales number. This discontent has led to leaks and a sense of dissatisfaction among the staff. Which is why the rumors leaked.

Via VGC

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It's pretty interesting listening to the Tim Dog Spaces on X. Too much yelling and some annoying personalities, but I've never seen people go through the stages of grief in like 5 min. It felt like a funeral already.

Also pretty funny that Geoff Keighley and Sean Murray from Hello Games showed up. I think general consensus is to wait until next week to react, but everyone already knows what Phil is going to say. If he reads from the script everyone expects, Xbox fans will officially be out.

BlackTron

Talk about being late to the party. I sold my PS5 and my Series X long ago because I hate the direction of both companies. PC master race. 👌

Kinda this. Thought I'd want a PS5 due to exclusives and VR. VR isn't all that and the exclusives make it to PC anyway. My most wanted was Returnal and R&C. Meanwhile I sold my Series X a few months ago. I have no strong desire for either right now. At least Switch differentiates more in software vs. PC and I get a handheld too out of it.

T Truthtellers what's so funny? The only game I'm really missing at all is Demon's Souls remake. I don't give a shit about SM2 the first one is good enough. If I had to play TLOU2 that bad I could use PS4Pro but I'll probably just wait until the inevitable PC version for better perf instead of buy a whole console for like 1-2 games I don't even need that bad.

Edit again: Sony ponies are way too high on the Xbox death fumes right now to be leaving drive by laugh emojis on a post like this. Like if you don't automatically get a PS5 console now just because Xbox sucks it's somehow silly. If I did not have a PS4pro and a PC, and I wanted the best single gaming device for a budget of 500 I'd get a PS5. But that's not my situation so it's really easy to go holding pattern to see what happens later on with pro model or all black slim for 300 or something. Never know when the right console/price/exclusive games will line up but it's not right now for me. Maybe if they hadn't gone with PC versions.

Last edited:

GHG

I wonder if the real issue is xbox are no longer paying shills.

Can anyone confirm their cheques have stopped?

I think this is the case as well.

One of the "leaks" suggested something along the lines that these guys were going to be replaced with AI.

I honestly think they will be in a much better position to improve their brand image without these guys anyway, so maybe part of this was their way of cleaning house.

Saber

Gold Member
I though people were just making jokes of this stuff but lol, I never though they would actually do the "abandon ship" thing. People can be really depressing with this cringey stuff.

Last edited:

icerock

Klobrille already un-retired, and rest of them will be back after PR drops from Phil.

It was never going to be a big multi-platform announcement. Intentionally vague, to give Xbox fans a more positive spin. They'll continue to do mental gymnastics on how it is "certain" games going, and not all games which are "central to Xbox experience". Ultimately, their end goal is to put on everything.

They tried to gatekeep and opinion police the community. I don’t know who the fuck some of them think they are. If they spoke to people like that in person chances are they would get a slap .

I don’t understand it to be honest, why it had to be this way.

Fans who are critical shouldn’t be shamed for it.

Edder1

I'm sure Phil and the rest of Microsoft are crying because they lost a couple dozen super fanboys, lol. These man-children are just sad that their lives have become irrelevant and they don't have a plastic box they can cheer for.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol at Timdog blaming Gamepass for this after gaslighting the rest of us for saying gamepass isnt sustainable.

For years now, these influencers/ambassadors/astroturfers/shills have infested the forums with their unrelenting defense of anything microsoft. No matter how fucking retarded.

Now they are leaving. I say good fucking riddance. You ruined message board discourse with your incessant complaining accusing everyone of console warring getting people banned left and right. And now you have made yourself extinct. Good. Maybe we can finally have xbox fans who are critical towards their favorite company suit like we are with Jimbo and his retarded moves.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
OH NOEZ the social media pussies with no real job are throwing away their Xboxes!! LOL Who cares....the company is obviously in a position where they can no longer ignore the business and money that Sony gamers provide. This is a win for gamers, only the hardcore drooling fanboys will act like this is a bad thing.

Klobrille already un-retired, and rest of them will be back after PR drops from Phil.

It was never going to be a big multi-platform announcement. Intentionally vague, to give Xbox fans a more positive spin. They'll continue to do mental gymnastics on how it is "certain" games going, and not all games which are "central to Xbox experience". Ultimately, their end goal is to put on everything.
Even if they confirm just those 2 for now, it is over. People will assume more will come and they will.

Tg89

From what I understand Microsoft has not been happy with most of these guys for a long time now with how toxic they've gotten, so I can't imagine that MS sees this as anything other than a good thing.
Honestly it's their own fault. These guys always had this weird parasocial relationship with Phil specifically, which is kinda Phil's fault cause his whole schtick was being "one of them" with his hexen shirts and shit. He took it a step further though and would actually acknowledge some of these guys existence/respond to their tweets and such.

Anyway, everyone here is a moron. They ate up Phil's bullshit for years. Anyone who stopped to think for two seconds about what he was selling would know there was going to be a catch at some point.

Top Bottom