• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just saw a mom bird feeding her kid at Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

As a white person who hates fads, I find this offensive.

I'm sorry that you were offended.
Leighton-Meester-Sigh-Flutters-Her-Eyelashes-On-Gossip-Girl.gif

The fuck is this shit? I hate outrage culture but associating an action that you deem as a negative to an entire race of people is not on.

I don't think anyone is really seeing it as negative just odd.

DedValve

Banned
Don't birds regurgitate their food?

So its not just chewing, she'd have to swallow it then stick a finger down her throat and aim it at her childs mouth.

Yeah I'm being that guy.

Red Hood

Banned
She took food in her mouth, chewed it, spit it onto a spoon and then fed to him.

Is this one of those white people fads or is it just Costco craziness?

What the fuck is that for racist ass bullshit? Oh I forgot being racist against white people doesn't equal racism, right? Replace white with black and this thread would have had an immense amount more of upset people. Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.

Biting something off to make a smaller chunk is kinda ok.

Chewing and spitting it out into your kids mouth is flatout fucking disgusting.

Avixph

She took food in her mouth, chewed it, spit it onto a spoon and then fed to him.

Is this one of those white people fads or is it just Costco craziness?

That's not exclusive to just white moms because last week I saw a mom bird feed her son melted ice cream.

theecakee

What the fuck is that for racist ass bullshit? Oh I forgot being racist against white people doesn't equal racism, right? Replace white with black and this thread would have had an immense amount more of upset people. Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.

Yup, welcome to the NeoGAF off topic board.

studyguy

Don't birds regurgitate their food?

So its not just chewing, she'd have to swallow it then stick a finger down her throat and aim it at her childs mouth.

Yeah I'm being that guy.

Could be worse.
OP could have said he saw the mother feeding her kid like a Koala does it's young.

Drazgul

That's how you pass on cavities to your kids btw. Food that's meant for your child should never go anywhere near your own mouth.

Flo_Evans

I do this with my kid. If I don't have a knife and I want to give her a bite of something I'm eating, I just bite it off and then give it to her. It's because I'm lazy. She's under two, though...

I forget where I was reading this, but this is really bad. Something about your adult mouth flora and transferring it to kids.

Zoe

How old is this kid? It's not that uncommon a practice.

Scientists are rethinking that bacteria transfer thing in general. We're over-sterilized and useful bacteria is not getting to kids.
http://www.npr.org/tags/172709084/microbiome
http://www.amnh.org/explore/science-topics/health-and-our-microbiome
http://www.amnh.org/explore/science-topics/health-and-our-microbiome/meet-your-microbiome

But isn't most of that supposed to happen as a baby? The concerns I've seen are regarding older children.

akira28

That's how you pass on cavities to your kids btw. Food that's meant for your child should never go anywhere near your own mouth.

hmh. did not know this was a thing. cavity causing bacteria being contagious is some how even more gross than this.

Lister

Banned
It's pretty common. I did it once in a while with my girls when they were just learning to eat solid foods. I also would stick a dropped pacifier in my mouth to clean it off. It's not that big of a deal.

I'm not sure you understand this concept called "Cleaning".

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
We apparently use to do this a long time ago, we didnt have "baby food" like we do today so often we had to chew up the food to feed it to our children.

This allegedly is what led to us kissing for affection.

vityaz

Huh.

Reminds me, I saw a gif of a bird mommy ripping the ass out of her kid and ate it. Apparently it's kinda normal.

Kieli

I like how you emphasize whiteness, OP, as if it has anything to do with her crazyness.

Bruh, you got something psychological about white people you wanna share?

stufte

I'm not sure you understand this concept called "Cleaning".

Kids are gross, man. They stick anything they can grab into their mouths and shit and barf everywhere. I'm pretty sure me using my saliva to clean the dirt and crust off of a rubber nipple is better than nothing.

Hissing Sid

Never gone in for this myself but you come across it quite often in the UK. Sometimes it's done to cool down food before giving it to babs. Sometimes it's done to squishify the food when out and about and there isn't a handy food blender in the offing.

No-one blinks an eyelid.

Parents also give their kids a good spit-wash if they don't have a wipe handy.

Also child harnesses/reins are a common-ish sight where I live. Was most amused at the recent GAF thread dealing with this subject. Something something child abuse something animal something something social services something outrage something. Good stuff!

So to recap. Our young are sometimes treated to a pre-chewed meal, after which they receive a warm spit-wash and get taken for a walk on a leash.

Character building stuff.

akira28

Kids are gross, man. They stick anything they can grab into their mouths and shit and barf everywhere. I'm pretty sure me using my saliva to clean the dirt and crust off of a rubber nipple is better than nothing.

my fatherly instincts must still be in development because I would just wipe that thing on my shirt.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Topic title is confusing as hell

I get it now, but it took a while

stufte

my fatherly instincts must still be in development because I would just wipe that thing on my shirt.

But then you can't be sure you got everything off. Sticking it in your own mouth is the only way to be sure.
that's what she said?

Lesath

I can see this for children who haven't properly teethed yet. Why spend money on shitty baby food when you can just chew it for them and feed them yourself?

TI82

Banned
Also, how is it racism? I'm a white person, I can recognize that a lot of white people buy into weird fads (non gmo, gluten free, no vaccines) especially in pseudo science health stuff.

You went there...
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom