• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct is F2P, only one fighter is free

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainetor

Banned
everyone saying rubbish before trying the thing, because is f2p!!!111!
All I care about is gameplay. If it's good and characters are cheap to buy, I will try it out on pc, if it ever comes out.

Eusis

For fuck's sake, I considered this too absurd to be anything but a joke, and then it's for real anyway?

Though I guess it's more like a demo, and you get the option of paying $20-40 to unlock the rest if you don't want to do it piecemeal. Still, not how I'd want to see a fighter handled, so just another reason to want this whole thing to blow up in their face.

kinggroin

Banned
So as far as actual gameplay reveals, that leaves Forza, Crimson Dragon, and Titanfall as the good xbone exclusives?

Wonder how those will be screwed up?

thuway

I SAID THIS
I SAID THIS
I SAID THIS

Can we now stop calling me a liar -_-.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62157353&postcount=226

How would people feel if Killer Instinct was F2P? I wonder...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62327077&postcount=6379
You are forgetting the Free to Play Killer Instinct title :).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62344899&postcount=281
Are we ready for a F2P Killer Instinct :)?

Wow what!?

At least Tekken:R and DOA5:U give you like a roster of characters.

1 character at the start? Why the hell even bother then?

Fighting games are built on the foundation of learning a character, but you need to learn what other characters can do against you in order to be any good after that. Just release a full game dammit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thought so--I brought this up in the thread yesterday but wasn't 100% sure.

So as far as actual gameplay reveals, that leaves Forza, Crimson Dragon, and Titanfall as the good xbone exclusives?

Wonder how those will be screwed up?

Crimson Dragon was an xbox 360 downloadable game for kinect. I don't expect it to be awesome all of a sudden.

Titanfall will be coming to PS4. It's an EA game, and no game published by EA has remained exclusive to one console.

This is a good idea of doing fighting games imo. I only ever use a handful of characters (Virtua Fighter excluded, as I love them all), and if I can pay less for the characters I want and have all the traditional fighting game features, I don't see the harm in it. As long as we're able to fight against characters we haven't purchased, it's a good thing.

Demon Ice

Banned
Ahahahaha

Everybody online is gonna be the same character. Bring a friend over and make them pay to unlock the character of their choice.

What a carnival of stupid.

DatDude

Banned
This is a good idea of doing fighting games imo. I only ever use a handful of characters (Virtua Fighter excluded, as I love them all), and if I can pay less for the characters I want and have all the traditional fighting game features, I don't see the harm in it. As long as we're able to fight against characters we haven't purchased, it's a good thing.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T WE JUST GO BACK TO THAT ONCE UPON TIME OF PAYING A GAME AND HAVING ALL OF IT'S FEATURES ON THE DISK.

This is just ridiculous. Pay for the fighter, pay for the outfits, pay for the arena's. What the fuck is this? This isn't video games, a passion I love so dearly. It's a fucking business transaction simulator.

If this is the future of video games, than I'm done with them.

thuway

i saw you posting this,but i thought you were joking.

I had only one source tell me, the second was willing to commit. However, add this one to the thuway credibility rumor thread.

I was also RIGHT about a pay wall being there but no DRM -_-.
I got lynched for that too. Ya'll hate on the bird too much.

Vexxan

So they brought back KI only to kill it again, way to go M$.

Prepare for some mirror matches on launch day!

Tannequy

372.gif

Busty

Banned
Once again RARE fans have a black eye to explain away to the neighbours.

Time and again MS keep fucking them over and time and again they keep coming back for more.

Baffling isn't the word.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T WE JUST GO BACK TO THAT ONCE UPON TIME OF PAYING A GAME AND HAVING ALL OF IT'S FEATURES ON THE DISK.

This is just ridiculous. Pay for the fighter, pay for the outfits, pay for the arena's. What the fuck is this? This isn't video games, a passion I love so dearly. It's a fucking business transaction simulator.

If this is the future of video games, than I'm done with them.

I hate all that stuff too, but this is free and so far we only know that we have to pay for characters. If they make you have to pay for all the other things as well, then fair enough (depending on how much they charge). I just think it was a risky decision to bring this IP back (It's not what I'd call a top tier fighter) and launching it as a F2P, may be a better way of re-introducing it.

jns

As long as they don't use the same pay structure the new Marvel game uses, I'll buy all the characters and have fun playing the game.

I hope they make the F2P character Spinal just to kick sand in the face of the cheapskates.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom