• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead Reviews Thread

Maybe this ? http://arstechnica.com/security/201...lash-with-hackers-for-control-of-their-sites/

Does anyone know if the download is just supposed to be a single file about 2MB? It says "smooth operator pack"?

"smooth operator pack" is the pre-order DLC. Probably on-disc-dlc?

edit:
contains bonus in-game ‘Gigolo Glasses,’ alternate costumes for Vivienne and Mika for when they want to show off some skin, a bonus ‘Gigolo Mission’ with Betty, and the aptly named “Episode 51”, which centers around an entire additional episode with the enigmatic and vampiric Sebastian.

http://www.omnigamer.com/killer-is-dead-smooth-operator-dlc-pack-details/

I'm not noticing screen tearing too much (ps3). But then again, I'm used to it since I play PC games with vsync off.

The game isn't as fun as lollipop chainsaw but hopefully it will get better after I unlock all the moves. This is not a bad thing since I enjoyed LC a LOT. LC was all about getting them sparkle kills and hearing those coins rain down from the sky for those sweet unlocks. So far with KiD, the rewards aren't as satisfying.

As for the gigolo missions, I thought it was gonna be funnier. They could've done a lot more to make it more entertaining, but as it is now, it just feels tacked on.

Persona7

Banned

MrDaravon

The screen tearing is fucking awful for me on 360, and I'm not the kind of person that ever really notices or calls that kind of thing out. I actually went to dashboard then re-booted it back up thinking that there had to have been a patch I missed somehow.

schlew

Ugh, while the DLC code seems to work now (typing it in briefly shows a "This code entitles you to a DLC pack" screen), my 360 snaps to a screen that says Xbox Live is currently having trouble or some such problem. *sigh*

Yup, 3 minutes and
2 character specific gifts
to get sub weapons in Gigilo mode. I'm actually enjoying the bonus missions you unlock as the game progresses. Can't wait to play more later tonight!

cj_iwakura

Thanks guys for finding some truth in what I said, curious to see if my perspective changes when playing the game. I doubt it though. Paid €62 for my Fan edition and proud to support him one more time, but for how long I wonder...

I agree with you a 100%.

Signed.

And does no one want to make an OT?

Just finished 5th chapter (I know it's not far in, but didn't have much time to play) and I love it so far. I don't get the complains about chapter 5 being shit, I found it pretty cool. Slashing the shit out of enemies from enemy FPP camera was fucking sweet.

And does no one want to make an OT?

I thought about making one but I'd rather just play it.

Just found out the sub weapons can be used to go into hidden areas throughout the game.

:)

Just finished 5th chapter (I know it's not far in, but didn't have much time to play) and I love it so far. I don't get the complains about chapter 5 being shit, I found it pretty cool. Slashing the shit out of enemies from enemy FPP camera was fucking sweet.

My man! I enjoyed episode 5 very much as well. Though it was real beautiful at times. But episode six stole the show for me. Awesome stuff.

Kade

Any OT is good at this point. Banner, info, screenshots, links. No fancy work needed. There's no general KiD discussion thread!

I'd do it now if I could but I'm on mobile.

I'm getting a good deal on the game from a friend, New copy for $20. Is it worth it?

Definitely worth $20.

cj_iwakura

Any OT is good at this point. Banner, info, screenshots, links. No fancy work needed. There's no general KiD discussion thread!

I'd do it now if I could but I'm on mobile.

I offered to send banners to any volunteers, but uh, there were none.

Damn. I pre-ordered this game, forgot about it, and now I have a PSN code that I don't want to use.

The reviews just don't seem like it's worth the time. Suda, coulda, woulda, didn't.

I think that at least in terms of atmosphere, KiD is much closer to Killer 7 and No More Heroes than other more recent games. I'm not that far in though, so I could be wrong ultimately.

You're pretty spot on. I actually think that in tone, it sits comfortably between the two. It has a pretty damn serious atmosphere with some high fructose zaniness thrown in to help even it out.

If this games keeps giving me what it's already been giving, then this is probably going to end up being my favorite Grasshopper title. I just can't get over how much I'm enjoying combat. Haven't enjoyed a dash/dodge mechanic this much since Shinobi PS2.

Damn. I pre-ordered this game, forgot about it, and now I have a PSN code that I don't want to use.

The reviews just don't seem like it's worth the time. Suda, coulda, woulda, didn't.

Why would you care about reviews or scores when it comes to Suda games? You either like his shit or you don't.

If this games keeps giving me what it's already been giving, then this is probably going to end up my favorite Grasshopper title. I just can't get over how much I'm enjoying combat. Haven't enjoyed a dash/dodge mechanic this much since Shinobi PS2.

You have no idea how much I agree with you :D So far I like it more then No More Heroes and I really like No More Heroes.

Why would you care about reviews or scores when it comes to Suda games? You either like his shit or you don't.

That's not entirely true my friend. Really enjoyed Killer 7, but Lollipop Chainsaw was just too odd. Gameplay wasn't all that great as well. He's more of a flavor of the month kinda guy, to be honest.

Nyoro SF

Finished first four chapters.

I really like it so far. The combat is fluid and the enemies are diverse.

If I have two complaints, it's that:
1) The music doesn't even come close to being as good as NMH or NMH2.
2) The non-boss environments are pretty bland, and not even in an artistic way.

I would still recommend this to someone if you like action games, without hesitation.

Tain

I started up the PS3 version yesterday, and am I crazy or does this game ALWAYS tear? Even at full performance? That first room with the TV in it certainly doesn't have much going on to cause it to tear like that... It like they had UE3 cap out at 30fps rather than using "real" vsync, so even when it runs at 30fps the updates aren't tied to your display's updates and you get this constant subtle tearing. That's really weird for a console game. Why would they do that?

ChetRoivas

Neo Member
From a GTAV Twitter conversation earlier today:

otnMoUo.jpg

Man's a clown.

Sorry, but Matt Lees watched at least 7 minutes of the game over the shoulder of someone playing it and only made 4 mistakes in reporting what happened.

Problem seems to be that they believe Suda 51 to be as tone deaf as they are judgemental.

That modern day orientalism.

Cartman86

Banned
Sorry, but Matt Lees watched at least 7 minutes of the game over the shoulder of someone playing it and only made 4 mistakes in reporting what happened.

Problem seems to be that they believe Suda 51 to be as tone deaf as they are judgemental.

That modern day orientalism.

This thread keeps on giving.

Top Bottom