• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer Impressions - PAX Prime

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My conclusion is that there are certain areas of the map, particularly inside, where the framerate drops to 30 and stays there. The judgement of framerate depends on where you spend most of your time spawning and playing.

Makes sense, although you think it would be outside that would slow down because of the lighting. Oh well. Let's hope they can polish it up.

Boss Man

Never understood why people have a problem with different gameplay. Have you ever tried playing an FPS before COD? Variety is more fun and i hope hip fire and ADS feels like KZ2 to make these people learn to control and aim their weapon rather just holding the trigger, and relying on the aim assist a-la-COD and all of it's emulators
This so much. I'm so damn tired of Modern Warfare. I want a new TimeSplitters or something. You camping assholes already ruined the Resistance franchise.

I think frame rate will be unlocked. GG love dem particle effects. I was playing K3 Frozen dam today with 24 players and in open areas the fps drops to 15 or 20 fps

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think frame rate will be unlocked. GG love dem particle effects. I was playing K3 Frozen dam today with 24 players and in open areas the fps drops to 15 or 20 fps

Oh yeah, no way it's a locked 60. I'm not expecting massive dips though. If it winds up looking as good as the b-roll footage at a relatively steady 60 I'll be damn impressed. I also have no idea what kind of stuff they're going to be pulling off in the SP if that's only going to be 30.

It's da best. I've used it in tons of games now and love it.

I can't wait to get my hands on this controller. Everything I've heard about it sounds wonderful.

Honey Bunny

After 100s of hours of KZ2 mp, seeing the Helghast run around a hyper clean shopping mall (?) environment is so jarring. More maps like Salamun Market, please.

Facism

Nice impressions.
The guns do have a lot of kickback when firing even though there's no recoil. This situation of adding in recoil so late is still strange but the visible kickback does give me hope you can't just hold down fire and pray to get kills.

they did the same shit with KZ3 AFAIK. Barely any recoil in the betas, proper recoil in the full game.

Dibbz/KZO I would appreciate a correction if i'm wrong.

Blizzje

I'm watching the offscreen footage and... are shadows displayed at all in this build? The lack of shadows and other post-processing would explain the lack of FXAA and would lead to the aliasing issues..

Top Bottom