• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect Sports Rivals seemingly delayed to Spring 2014

The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a prerelease product that may be substantially modified
before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the product
when first commercially released. This fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft Corp.
makes no warranties, express or implied, with regard to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.

Raymo

The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a prerelease product that may be substantially modified
before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the product
when first commercially released. This fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft Corp.
makes no warranties, express or implied, with regard to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.

It's a new fact sheet that was released today.

Alx

Kinect Sports Rivals really doesn't give us much detail,but if it's true,delay it still better than rush it

Yeah that's true... I really liked KS1, but was very disappointed by KS2 (which I bought during the latest sales, and even then I'm not sure it was worth the money). I hope KS3 is at least as polished and as fun as the original.

So no-Kinect XB1 at launch?

Impossible, I know.

And too bad for KSR; there's soccer in it, and soccer on the first Kinect Sports was amazing with a couple of friends.

Forza is being rushed and they aren't delaying that though. Must be a big issue with Rivals.
Ugh,again

Translation? I hope we see some good Kinect titles.

微軟於E3展展示大量重度玩家遊戲,8月份歐洲電玩展將著重Kinect體感遊戲

Microsoft showing a large number of core games at E3,august european game show will focus on Kinect motion games

Just release part of the game like Forza and download the rest of it?

Only if it's a free demo with 2 sports or something like Rayman Legends. Call it Kinect Sports: Rivals, Live Edition.

微軟於E3展展示大量重度玩家遊戲,8月份歐洲電玩展將著重Kinect體感遊戲

Microsoft showing a large number of core games at E3,august european game show will focus on Kinect motion games

Thank you for this. I'm excited about Gamescom for sure now.

Disappointing news if true, as it was one of my day one purchases. Eases the battering my wallet will take though, as there are a few games that I'll buy at that time.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"Microsoft 6 months behind on development" rumour keeps paying out.

Kalm

Disappointing.

I was hoping they'd eventually cave and bundle KS:R with every Xbox One as it would have gone a long way towards justifying/redeeming Kinect 2.0.

From everything I've heard and read, there are a sh*tload of people that won't even be giving Kinect a chance at all. Throwing them a free game is the best way to win them over and would add value to the system for everyone else.

Ah well...

Krakn3Dfx

MS should ship the XBO with this in the box, it would increase the perception of value of the system being $100 more and it would be something that would justify the Kinect to people who care about that.

"Microsoft 6 months behind on development" rumour keeps paying out.

Only for this so far (if it's even true). Turn 10 probably expected the extra time because of the online only environment. Any other instances where things feel rushed? If anything MS had more polished stuff to show than Sony at E3.

Why aren't there MORE Kinect titles available? Seriously, you'd think with the fucking thing being bundled they'd have a good amount of Kinect titles

Why aren't there MORE Kinect titles available? Seriously, you'd think with the fucking thing being bundled they'd have a good amount of Kinect titles

this.

Where is kinectimals 2? Why is Fantasia a 2014 title? Where is the fitness title? Dance central?

All you have to look forward to for the first 5 months of the consoles lifetime is shoehorned gimmicks in core titles, even project spark doesn't really need kinect integration.

MCD

Kinect Sports Rivals was shown pre-E3 via Gametrailers show. Gotta not piss off the hardcore gamers yo!

@Maximilian Kolbe

Thanks for the info bro. Dunno how you find them lol.

_woLf

lol, microsoft.

They could not have fucked up this entire process more than they have. It just is not physically possible.

Kalm

I imagine it's not the easiest thing to program for. Most devs are probably focusing on sure-thing, money-maker type games right now to offset the challenges of a launching console.

It'll likely take a while (and a large user base) before 3rd-party developers start making Kinect-based games as well.

I expect Kinect to be relegated to an ancillary position in the mean time and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Some of the features they've announced for Killer Instinct seem pretty awesome.

this.

Where is kinectimals 2? Why is Fantasia a 2014 title? Where is the fitness title? Dance central?

All you have to look forward to for the first 5 months of the consoles lifetime is shoehorned gimmicks in core titles, even project spark doesn't really need kinect integration.
Zoo Tycoon should be can use Kinect(not just voice)

onQ123

LOL at the thread about the game being delayed getting more replies in a hour than the thread about the game that's been posted for months.

Kinect Sports Rivals was shown pre-E3 via Gametrailers show. Gotta not piss off the hardcore gamers yo!

@Maximilian Kolbe

Thanks for the info bro. Dunno how you find them lol.
Well now i am thinking if they really announce...let's say 3~4 Kinect games at gamscom,how will gaf reaction for that

I imagine it's not the easiest thing to program for.

It'll likely take a while (and a large user base) before 3rd-party developers start making Kinect-based games as well.

I expect Kinect to be relegated to an ancillary position in the mean time and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Some of the features they've announced for Killer Instinct seem pretty awesome.

No one is talking about 3rd-party Kinect titles here. Why does MS not seem to have a Kinect library ready for their new console?

They better freaking dazzle at Gamescom with Kinect software....

Stop acting like you care about this game people LOL

Jk.. this is fairly disappointing if true. Was going to get this for the wife and kid.

how come?

It just seems like it'll be an extremely cynical environment given that a German politician has already spoken out against Kinect as a violation of privacy, especially given all of the MS and NSA drama that has come up since E3. MS would have to knock it out of the park that Kinect is an incredible tool for gaming, which they haven't even attempted since unveiling the One.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Only for this so far (if it's even true). Turn 10 probably expected the extra time because of the online only environment. Any other instances where things feel rushed? If anything MS had more polished stuff to show than Sony at E3.

Quantum Break is Q2 2014 or whatever isn't it? Black Tusk way behind. Project Spark have a release window?

Microsoft had more I guess because they totally culled most X360 stuff they had left while Sony is just supporting the PS3 throughout this year and beyond.

VanWinkle

Well we know Forza is being rushed, and the only other game MS had there was KI, right?
Its not like they had a lot to show. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Top Bottom