• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect Sports Rivals seemingly delayed to Spring 2014

Listen, personal tastes aside, a discussion like this needs objectivity. Not showing exclusives that excites you is a very different argument than being doubtful they have anything to show.

I was talking exclusives. We saw most of them before E3.

I'm calling it now:

Joy Ride 2 Gamescom announcement.

NeoGAF implosion would be absolutely priceless. The gifs.... oh how amazing they would be.

alterno69

Banned
Sure. That's why so many games have been supporting voice commands since SOCOM PS2.
Being able to do (some) recognition with a microphone is one thing, but the real benefit of voice commands is being able to do it at any moment, without any instrumentation. The requirement of a microphone defeats most of the purpose of voice commands, since people usually don't wear one at any time.
I don't think that's the reason why it hasn't been used. It's just not that fun or even practical IMO

B.O.O.M

I was talking exclusives. We saw most of them before E3.

You were talking about different things. This started because you said you had your doubts because sony have yet to show their 20 games...with some hyperbole to boot about indie titles. I told you why they didn't have to show that much to have a great conference and come out of the event in a better situation than MS. Then I told you we have so many titles yet to be seen and even gave you some examples. Then you went into a random comment about how you don't find the revealed titles to be interesting

Just simply answer this

'Why' do have trouble believing they have many more titles to show?

You were talking about different things. This started because you said you had your doubts because sony have yet to show their 20 games...with some hyperbole to boot about indie titles. I told you why they didn't have to show that much to have a great conference and come out of the event in a better situation than MS. Then I told you we have so many titles yet to be seen and even gave you some examples. Then you went into a random comment about how you don't find the revealed titles to be interesting

Just simply answer this

'Why' do have trouble believing they have many more titles to show?
20 seems like a lot and they didn't show close to that amount at e3. Same reason I'm worried we won't see Kinect games either from MS now. Plus gamescom is rumored to be a Vita show. Might be more crossplay stuff in that 20 number for all we know.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It will face Mario Kart 8 next spring. I think both games represent a tremendous hope for Nintendo and MS to make millions of wii/Kinect owners upgrade. And there will be some overlap.

B.O.O.M

20 seems like a lot and they didn't show close to that amount at e3. Same reason I'm worried we won't see Kinect games either from MS now. Plus gamescom is rumored to be a Vita show. Might be more crossplay stuff in that 20 number for all we know.

Eh if you are going to doubt sony's PR about games it should be about vita...trust me, I'm in that same boat. But their home console support has been excellent and like I said a lot of their first party teams have yet to reveal their titles for the system. Quite a few of those teams have two teams now too. I think we will see their euro team exclusives for year 1 at GC and maybe one SCEA titles, SCEJ titles at TGS and ND's next game at vga. I just don't see any good real reason to have any doubts about the PS4 exclusives number

Bgamer90

Banned
Messed up that there isn't any full motion control games to show off kinect at launch. Know there was a decent number looking forward to trying this game out.

I'm more so interested in kinect for UI control as well as features in traditional controller games so this news doesn't really bum me out either way.

I also guess that MS feels that the majority of the demographic that are interested in the game aren't the ones who'll get an Xbox One in late 2013; might as well use the extra time to polish the game up more.

Really strange though since it was "Day One" and everything. As someone else said, it makes those rumors about Xbox One game development being behind even more true especially when you add this on to what they are doing to Forza.

Though then again, I don't see why they couldn't give out a free marketplace demo of Kinect Sports Rivals during the launch of the system.

Messed up that there isn't any full motion control games to show off kinect at launch. Know there was a decent number looking forward to trying this game out.

I'm more so interested in kinect for UI control as well as features in traditional controller games so this news doesn't really bum me out either way.

I also guess that MS feels that the majority of the demographic that are interested in the game aren't the ones who'll get an Xbox One in late 2013; might as well use the extra time to polish the game up more.

Really strange though since it was "Day One" and everything. As someone else said, it makes those rumors about Xbox One game development being behind even more true especially when you add this on to what they are doing to Forza.

Though then again, I don't see why they couldn't give out a free marketplace demo of Kinect Sports Rivals during the launch of the system.
Or free tech demos for the Kinect in general.

Perhaps this is why it seems Zoo Tycoon is a launch game now, despite not being announced as one at E3. It'll show case the kinect to an extent, appeals to the casual market, so on. Shame though, I think MS' biggest strength with the X1 right now is the diversity of the launch titles: open world, third person action, driving, kinect driven and sim, all exclusive. Shame to see one fall, but in the end, better they go the best foot forward with kinect software, they should be the ones to show everyone how its done.

Fuck this was the one game I really wanted to try with kinect 2.0.

Its odd that the one game that could prove that kinect won't be complete garbage again is delayed.

Gamescom is going to have some Vita games for sure, but the focus is still going to be on PS4. They said as much. You can expect GG, MM and Sony London there. At TGS Sony Japan, maybe TLG and second parties like From. Then we still know that SSM, ND, Sony Bend and Sony San Diego are working on new projects for quite some time now. Expect them around the VGAs. Next year at E3 or maybe even before that QD is going to come out with their new IP, since they have 2 teams now too.

So while some of these games are going to be smaller PSN titles without a doubt, Sony has so many big studios left with unannounced games we are going to see a lot of stuff soon. Also GopherD seems confident that hype is appropriate. Sony is playing it strategic.

hodgy100

That conference was SOOOO boring. Still waiting to see the games, though. Naughty Dog hopefully has something to show, but I can't say I'm too excited for what the other teams may have to show. Gonna wait and see, though. I hope to be amazed as I'll probably get a PS4 around the time Infamous comes out, but will for sure get one when Naughty Dog's game comes out.

I agree it was boring but then they showed trailers FF15, followed by KH3 i know they arent exclusive bit it still got me hyped as fuck they then had the cheek to directly address the DRM issues. me and my mates had gone from falling to sleep (it was past 2am in the UK afterall) to some crazed cheering Horde of gamers.

JudgeB

Banned
So does this mean Zumba Fitness World Party is the only launch Kinect game (multiplat even)? That's not good considering you're supposed to be justifying Kinect in some way besides voice controls. Perhaps they have a few games at Gamescom...but not holding my breathe for any games of substance.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm really curious on how they are going to pitch this thing to the younger kinect-loving family crowd then without at least one game like Kinect Sports on the system.

I'm really curious on how they are going to pitch this thing to the younger kinect-loving family crowd then without at least one game like Kinect Sports on the system.

My guess it that don't plan to pitch it to them. Console is sold out to the hardcore already (whether it's from supply issues or actual demand). They are probably pushing Kinect Sports to the casuals once the initial sales burst is over. I still think it's a terrible move, though, considering the Kinect is bundled.

JudgeB

Banned

Not sure, probably will just focus on the TV stuff. I'm sure they will have some smaller Kinect titles announced at Gamescom, maybe some more sports gems, or maybe even a nother season of NatGeoKinectTV and the likes....maybe even that Rabids Interactive TV Show that Ubisoft showed at E3.

chadskin

I have it on good authority Ubisoft will bring an unannounced Xbone title to gamescom. While I don't know for sure, I'd wager it's a sports game from their MotionSports franchise. That could fill the void for the launch.

Alx

I have it on good authority Ubisoft will bring an unannounced Xbone title to gamescom. While I don't know for sure, I'd wager it's a sports game from their MotionSports franchise. That could fill the void for the launch.

Well there was that rumor of a new Prince of Persia with some kind of exclusivity, that was submitted by NeoGaf's beloved boat. ;)
We know that Ubi will have a new Just Dance for the launch, even if it's multiplatform it may be their main kinect support.

chadskin

Unannounced Xbone title. It's not JD2014 and I can't see Ubisoft putting a full-fledged Prince of Persia exclusively on just one platform.

Top Bottom