• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

Koozek

CGWorld's new issue cover:

Dqbh33O.jpg
Whew.

Dark_castle

How much of a panic breakdown would there be when we found out chapter 0 really features a battle against
Ifrit in distant future
?

Koozek

Huh that potentially confirms one of dem leaked rumors.

I guess when the game comes out we'll find out immediately. :p They are suspiciously not showing the opening to journos...
People are assuming Tabata quote that we will see a summoning in a very different take, confirms a supposed spoiler.

The gamesfaq spoiler about Arydn being Ifrit. Though it's really hard to consider it real just yet seeing how we don't really understand the context oif it just yet. Has Ifrit even have a character in the past games, like a personality?

Let's wait and see, seeing how he said this some time ago, it hasn't been a secret about seeing this, so lets wait and see.

Wait, lol. I peeked at the first few words of your spoiler, Ray Down. So my made up fake spoiler about
Ardyn being the human form of a summon
was in one of those leaked spoilers? Funny coincidence.

Dark_castle

I guess one thing that's fair and square about Square Enix is they have no qualms sexualizing both males and females, not just the latter.

Ydelnae

I'm seeing it first thing Saturday morning and I'll be sure to post on GAF. I was thinking about making a discussion thread.

I will post the official thread for the movie this friday night, so you don't have to worry about making a discussion thread. I hope more people post impressions.

luna's gay?

No, she's an homophobe. I mean, what can you expect from such a weak character? Stella on the other hand I'm sure she would have supported LGTB parades on Insomnia if she had married Noctis. The reason we haven't seen any gay character in XV yet is because Luna. She's evil.

Dqbh33O.jpg

I mean, he's not Gladio, but if they truly want to go with the fanservice route, scrap that Cidney VR thing and give me a full Training Lesson VR with Nyx.

Dqbh33O.jpg

Ha, that was not what I was expecting to see when I clicked on the thread. (...I then thought I'd clicked on the wrong thread.) I had to do a double take, because outside of the shadowing on the feet, Nyx looks so life-like. Square's impressively dodging the Uncanny Valley, there.

giphy.gif

Nyx shirtless skin for FFXV or burst

A+ Santana usage. Move over, Gladio, there's been an upgrade!

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Oh boy. I just hope this comes to a theater near me so I only have to avoid spoilers for 6 more weeks.

That's still a lot though. I don't wanna avoid Final Fantasy threads. They are what sustain me. I guess I'll just try to be careful and then get mad when I get spoiled. That seems like the smartest move.

Hey, I really enjoyed Advent Children. It wasn't high art filmmaking by any means, but it was a treat for the eyes, had fantastic Uematsu music, and supplied some fulfilling fan-wank material. Good time.
More than I can say for the dull TSW.

Me too, I loved watching Advent Children.

Oh boy. I just hope this comes to a theater near me so I only have to avoid spoilers for 6 more weeks.

That's still a lot though. I don't wanna avoid Final Fantasy threads. They are what sustain me. I guess I'll just try to be careful and then get mad when I get spoiled. That seems like the smartest move.

Haha.

Yeah it's hard to avoid sometimes. I think we'll be okay for this though since we kind of already know more than usual.

saher

Banned
The only real spoiler is the identity of the traitor if there is one,other than that if you followed the game news and have an idea about the story you should know how this movie will go down.

wmlk

Lol, I really think Tabata is going to produce a movie that has higher critical reception than Spirits Within and Advent Children.

Not that that's a high bar, but Kingsglaive come out of nowhere after the rumours.

jett

D-Member
I enjoyed Advent Children due to nonstop fan service, that factor doesn't apply to Kingslaive. I really wonder if it's any good.

Lol, I really think Tabata is going to produce a movie that has higher critical reception than Spirits Within and Advent Children.

Not that that's a high bar, but Kingsglaive come out of nowhere after the rumours.

Despite some people complaining about it in the thread, Advent Children was very well received and gave a lot of fans plenty of what they wanted (with lots of fanservice for FF7 fans), so I think this will fall right in the middle.

Looking forward to my copy in the ultimate set, I think it'll be good and a good start to the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

The difference here is most of this movie was written as the intro to a game.

Kuraudo

Banned
Have they announced how long this is?

I love Advent Children as a piece of fanservice (it's probably my biggest guilty pleasure), but I always feel these things need to be under an hour and a half to get by on that: AC Complete kind of ruined the pacing and outstayed its welcome for me.

wmlk

Yep, I've said before in previous threads, it has the benefit of having a fresh start and everyone watching it will be on the same page. Whenever the inevitable lore dump happens everyone will be able to look at it the same way.

Anyway, fanservice aside I didn't think AC was any good, and SW had ideas which were interesting. And we're getting Versus XIII fanservice in Kingsglaive so I don't really see what huge benefit AC has in that regard.

EDIT: Actually, I think I agree with Delaney below me. Kingsglaive isn't exactly playing it safe and it's an entirely new concept even if some scenes look very familiar.

Ydelnae

Was Nyx and the kingsglaive featured in XV before? As in, the game. Was the script the same? Yeah, the concept for the invasion has been reused for the original intro for the game, but there's a huge gap between that and "most of the movie was written as the intro to a game". The original concept was going to be used for the game, but now it has evolved into a different thing of what it originally was.

If the movie turns out to be good, it won't be because of the original concept, that's for sure.

It would have been fun if they had inserted like one or two actual live-action scenes in the movie without telling us where, and then fans online would have to guess these scenes after seeing the movie to win a prize or something.

I'm sure the action scenes will be tight, but still wary of how interesting the characters/story/plot developments will be. The early screenings for the R&C movie were very well received and got standing ovations afterall...

I don't trust movie preview impressions much anymore after that lol.

Top Bottom