• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

Mcdohl

This movie is going to bomb so hard lol

I don't think it will bomb. I think SE set their expectations right.

The fact that basically it won't have a theater release already means they are not aiming for typical blockbusters kind of numbers.

It's intention is to expand the FFXV universe and bring more people into it.

I personally like both of them, one of them is more JRPG-like while the other one would remind me of a certain TV series
Game of Thrones

I don't watch this series so I don't know what to expect =p But I'm glad both seens good. Which one is from 4chan?

Ydelnae

I don't watch this series so I don't know what to expect =p But I'm glad both seens good. Which one is from 4chan?

The one that seemed like a more typical JRPG story came from 4chan, but the leaker (who said that he was also doing testing for the game narrative) said that guns and crossbows weren't in the build he played this month, so people are doubting him because there's no way S-E would remove those weapons now. The one that, in my opinion, sound like a narrative more akin to that show, came from a Japanese forum.

I think both of them are fake, if I were confident that they were true I wouldn't have read them.

The one that seemed like a more typical JRPG story came from 4chan, but the leaker (who said that he was also doing testing for the game narrative) said that guns and crossbows weren't in the build he played this month, so people are doubting him because there's no way S-E would remove those weapons now. The one that, in my opinion, sound like a narrative more akin to that show, came from a Japanese forum.

I think both of them are fake, if I were confident that they were true I wouldn't have read them.

Thanks for the explanation! Oh well, guess we will find out if they are true this week!

To wait all this time and have any part of the story other than what they showed spoiled to me would kill me inside. I saw that thread and logged off so fast lol

^This! Do you guys like knowing everything in advance?
Where's the fun in that?

I know, huh? It's like all people think the same and go into experiences the same, while every trigger of stimulation effects them in the exact same way. It's quite impossible for someone to know story details about a movie and still find enjoyment within it.

Enough on that(lol, my poor sarcasm), I'm just tired of the "we know best" brigade.

To wait all this time and have any part of the story other than what they showed spoiled to me would kill me inside. I saw that thread and logged off so fast lol
Don't read the spoilers then. My motto is, let those who want to be spoiled, get spoiled, and those who don't, don't. There's no clear definitive umbrella where either side dominates the moral right above the other. We all like things differently and handle situations and information differently. I can respect people not wanting to be spoiled, but if it isn't some asshole posting spoilers without a tag or in the topic title, it's really easy to avoid spoilers. Just don't click. I swear, not anybody particularly here, but I feel some people who are afraid of spoilers(not those open about wanting to be spoiled) feel compelled, regardless, to click them like it's some sort of forbidden fruit. Like they are drawn to 'em like a magnet, no ability to turn away or go somewhere else. They know, deep inside, they don't want to know, but don't fight themselves to halt that action that pulls them closer and closer to such forbidden knowledge. Then they get mad, over something they had(in this instance) had control over(if in fact there were no assholes deceptively trying to lead people astray, or reckless posting). It's like walking into a lion's den wearing a steak vest saying, "I know I don't want to get eaten. I know if I go in there, especially like this, I will, but dammit, I just can't help myself!!"

I know, huh? It's like all people think the same and go into experiences the same, while every trigger of stimulation effects them in the exact same way. It's quite impossible for someone to know story details about a movie and still find enjoyment within it.

Enough on that(lol, my poor sarcasm), I'm just tired of the "we know best" brigade.

Don't read the spoilers then. My motto is, let those who want to be spoiled, get spoiled, and those who don't, don't. There's no clear definitive umbrella where either side dominates the moral right above the other. We all like things differently and handle situations and information differently.
Hmm? was talking for me I didn't say anything about what other people do?

I think he's saying in general that people can still glean enjoyment even after reading spoilers, and that reading spoilers is a part of the enjoyment.
Ooo I was like hmm I'm not attacking people that do, was confused for a sec. I read spoilers all the time. Kh3 and ffxv are off limits tho

Ydelnae

Peace, everyone. As long as everyone spoiler tags their stuff, we are fine. Let's enjoy this power ranger experience the way each one of us want.

Those two are so emotionally attached to my heart that I couldn't read a spoiler if I wanted too. I'm supposed to be on a media blackout for both by now but yea...that's not working lol

I promised to myself that the last FFXV trailer I would watch would be the one from E3. I won't keep this promise anymore lol

I promised to myself that the last FFXV trailer I would watch would be the one from E3. I won't keep this promise anymore lol
Lol same goes for the movie in theory that one trailer was good enough for me but if square releases another trailer before I get to see it I can't help but watch it

Peace, everyone. As long as everyone spoiler tags their stuff, we are fine. Let's enjoy this power ranger experience the way each one of us want.

Pretty much. It's like playing FFXV, in a way. You are given the choice to go straight through the story and follow the linear path, and it is within your right to do so. But, you are also given the choice to take detours and explore, which if you feel that is what you want to do, you are allowed to do so. You are forced to play a certain way, you play the way that's best for you. As long as there isn't some chowderhead with the intent to spoil things for those who wish not to be spoiled(or someone who posts recklessly, which might be more something to worry about), there won't be a problem.

Koozek

Don't read the spoilers then. My motto is, let those who want to be spoiled, get spoiled, and those who don't, don't. There's no clear definitive umbrella where either side dominates the moral right above the other. We all like things differently and handle situations and information differently.
I get it, I get it, the journey is the destination, and all that. Also we all rewatch or replay movies or games and still are able to enjoy them, I know, but I was actually curious as to why you would do that beforehand with something you're excited for and haven't yet seen. Unless you're not excited for the movie or FFXV, then I'd understand, of course, as I do it, too, sometimes with stuff I'm not really looking forward to that much and might or might not watch/play myself. But if you were one of the FFXV Hype Crew and read the spoilers, not knowing if they are true (which they honestly could be at this point of time if the rumors came from game testers or so), I'd still shake my head a bit. Well, sometimes you can't avoid it, of course, like the other day I was accidentally spoilered on Twitter about
Gentiana being Noctis' older half-sister, Ardyn being the human form of Bahamut and the "Astral Weapons" being "controlled" by Niflheim at the end of FFXV[/SPOILER :/

EDIT: Okay, before anyone else falls for it: that broken spoiler tag was a
brilliant
joke, I made up all that nonsense^^

Amon-Lau

Only if the only form of fun you can enjoy is surprise.

Sorry, my mistake.
I guess I just didn't get it and phrased it a bit angrily, didn't mean it like that~

We're all wanting to enjoy this in the end I guess so whatever means makes it work for you good on ya...

Also Koozek you might want to fix that spoiler tag up there...

chefbags

I get it, I get it, the journey is the destination, and all that. Also we all rewatch or replay movies or games and still are able to enjoy them, I know, but I was actually curious as to why you would do that beforehand with something you're excited for and haven't yet seen. Unless you're not excited for the movie or FFXV, then I'd understand, of course, as I do it, too, sometimes with stuff I'm not really looking forward to that much and might or might not watch/play myself. But if you were one of the FFXV Hype Crew and read the spoilers, not knowing if they are true (which they honestly could be at this point of time if the rumors came from game testers or so), I'd still shake my head a bit. Well, sometimes you can't avoid it, of course, like the other day I was accidentally spoilered on Twitter about
Gentiana being Noctis' older half-sister, Ardyn being the human form of Bahamut and the "Astral Weapons" being "controlled" by Niflheim at the end of FFXV
:/

FTFY

Lol did anybody get spoiled? Scroll game too weak if so. I saw spoilers and dipped down the page so fast. Koozek you about to be sacrificed to the FF gods tho for almost getting me.

chefbags

Lol did anybody get spoiled? Scroll game too weak if so. I saw spoilers and dipped down the page so fast. Koozek you about to be sacrificed to the FF gods tho for almost getting me.

Lol i got hella spoiled. Not that pissed but just bummed :/. Was reading down and didn't realize the spoiler tag didn't work till the end of the quote haha. Fucking sadness. Hope those spoilers aren't real though.

Edit: spoilers confirmed fake fuck yes.

ackl

I was actually looking through this thread for spoilers. lol.

I've seen and read from other places (not the 4chan one) but I've never seen the one that Koozek mentioned. :/

Ydelnae

Koozek's spoiler is just a joke, guys. But I would be careful to make those sort of jokes, since some people might find them annoying and others would probably believe that they got spoilered.

Only read if you have read the sets of spoiler from Kingsglaive:
I would also absolutely NOT use details from fake spoilers as trolling, because there's a certain possibility that they might end up becoming true.

wmlk

They announce theatre showings in NA, and then don't announce which theatres. wtf?

Oh well, at least it's being received well in Japan. Hopefully that encourages them to actually show it in theatres instead of half-announcing it.

Koozek

latest

Hahaha, that worked exactly as I hoped it would. I made up all of that nonsense, haven't read any of those recent spoilers. I'm sorry, guys :-*

But, come on, you have to admit, that was masterfully done :D

Amon-Lau

Hahaha, that worked exactly as I hoped it would. I made up all of that nonsense, haven't read any of those recent spoilers. I'm sorry, guys :-*

lol that was mean Koozek, now I wanna see what you posted... xD

latest

I see a troll face now should I read this or not lol

Top Bottom