• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

Ran rp

I like Ardyn and Cidney. The only issue is how pandering Cidney's outfit is.

I don't think we've gotten a clear shot of Gentiana yet so can't say anything about her.

Verstael looks like a clown.

He did Ardyn, Gentiana, Verstael and Cidney - confirmed on his his official FB site:
12189332_964162853656073_8744102635133116146_o.jpg

12189201_960156294056729_8124875731586627537_o.jpg

latest

From what I google-translated he and his wife jokingly confirmed that Ardyn looks a bit like Roberto in his 40's and he posted this picture of himself:
13263767_1087928851279472_2243891533720262532_n.jpg

Mate, could you roughly translate his and his wife's (Tiger Frank) posts? Grazie!

Tiger Frank:
Di tutte le immagini di Ardyn che ho visto su google direi che solo questa foto qui in basso lo ricorda (3D di Roberto peraltro) e infatti proprio a questa foto si riferiva l'articolo che hai citato poc'anzi . Tuttavia ,questo, quando era un po' piu' giovincello^^​

-

Roberto Ferrari:
Si, somiglia a me a 40 anni, questa sotto e` una foto di vent'anni fa...
Pero`somiglio al primo アーデン non a quello che gira ora...purtroppo è stato cambiato dal nuovo staff.​

---

Also he designed Biggs, Wedge, and Jessy in FFVIIR:
12241269_982849641787394_4412297440928293774_n.png

FFVIIR_Biggs.jpg

FFVIIR_Wedge.jpg

FFVIIR_Jessie.jpg

First time I see Roberto Ferrari. He looks young!

- What did you do to link the game and the movie ?

To avoid any problems we decided that Kingsglaive was going to use the same core as FFXV. They both use the same script.

What does this mean?

Ydelnae

First time I see Roberto Ferrari. He looks young!

What does this mean?

I think he meant to say that the things that happen in the movie, happen in the same way in the game, in the same universe, and that the two products don't contradict themselves. For example, having Ignis be in Insomnia in the movie while he is with Noctis in the game and things like that.

Philippo

Mate, could you roughly translate his and his wife's (Tiger Frank) posts? Grazie!

Sure!

Tiger Frank:
Of all Ardy's images i've seen on google i'd say this one below resembles him (in fact it's Roberto's 3D render) and it's actually this photo the article you quoted earlier reffered about. But this one is from when he was a bit younger ^^
-

Roberto Ferrari:
Yes, he resemble me when i was 40, this one below is a photo from 20 years ago...
But i resemble the first Ardyn (i guess he means the first concepts of him), not the one from now... He got changed by the new staff.

Mifec

Just saw the first 10 minutes of the film. Poor Advent Children. Poor Spirit Within. Poor everything.

I mean Advent Children is one of the legitimately worst movies in the world and idk why you'd put poor everything there when this won't eclipse actual good movies. Unless you're just comparing it to CGI then I guess you could be onto something, but then again probably won't be better than Disney stuff.

chozen

Here is a gif showing that few seconds of footage of
Noctis in a wheel chair getting carried by Regis while presumably Ravus asks for help

FrenchNiftyGazelle-size_restricted.gif

artsi

That would be interesting. Aranea first debuted in the 2011 trailer while Ferrari's involvement was announced in 2013.

Kagari said that Ferrari was working with the game since 2010, so it's possible.

Her design/features/proportions just somehow remind me of the Tekken stuff he did around that same time.

Setsu00

Kagari said that Ferrari was working with the game since 2010, so it's possible.

Her design/features/proportions just somehow remind me of the Tekken stuff he did around that same time.

Oh, I didn't know that. Aranea's design is in line with Ferrari's design tastes, I just thought that he joined the project during its transition to XV. Thanks for clearing that up.

Turin

Banned
No it's not. Noctis' stuff looks fine in game and fits a skyscraper/highway city.

And on some level you have to remember that Noctis and co's outfits were designed at a time were they were originally meant to contrast modern suits and ties not retro(?) modern mixes of modern clothes with knight-like armor.

I think the deal with Roen was ultimately a mistake(unless the financial contribution was really that significant). Nomura could easily have made designs like those himself and then they could have been adjusted over time.

I would have rather they built off the designs from the Versus XIII trailers but I will say they look better in Brotherhood than they do in game.

It is subjective, sure. Nomura couldn't have anticipated how the designs would be so polarizing in 2016.

I think the deal with Roen was ultimately a mistake(unless the financial contribution was really that significant). Nomura could easily have made designs like those himself and then they could have been adjusted over time.

I would have rather they built off the designs from the Versus XIII trailers but I will say they look better in Brotherhood than they do in game.

It is subjective, sure. Nomura couldn't have anticipated how the designs would be so polarizing in 2016.
Also prolly had no idea it would become the next title Final Fantasy as well

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Here is a gif showing that few seconds of footage of
Noctis in a wheel chair getting carried by Regis while presumably Ravus asks for help

FrenchNiftyGazelle-size_restricted.gif
Why is Noctis in a wheel chair?

JunkoEve

Post the bet.

Noooooo.... No bet was made! Ha-ha! Let's just move on!

This:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=206419971&highlight=#post206419971

Though, I wouldn't be so quick to jump in and say Mediking is wrong just yet. Tabata might have a special surprise for us instead. Since
from the ffxv universe TV special, Regis clearly looked more loving towards Luna than Ravus, as seen from the part where Regis carried child Noctis from the wheelchair while at the same time, grabbing Luna for the quick getaway. Maybe Ravus is just the half-brother to Luna.

Let's just wait for the game.

You're safe for now, Mediking

Mediking

This:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=206419971&highlight=#post206419971

Though, I wouldn't be so quick to jump in and say Mediking is wrong just yet. Tabata might have a special surprise for us instead. Since
from the ffxv universe TV special, Regis clearly looked more loving towards Luna than Ravus, as seen from the part where Regis carried child Noctis from the wheelchair while at the same time, grabbing Luna for the quick getaway. Maybe Ravus is just the half-brother to Luna.

Let's just wait for the game.

You're safe for now, Mediking

I almost had to eat my hand... the bet is still on!!!!

Top Bottom