• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Amused

Q13. Will the title have something to do with the cancelled Silent Hills sequel?
No. It will be something completely new.
“Silent Hill” is a title from Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

I refuse to give up hope!

"Nope, it has nothing to do with that cancelled game owned by Konami. This is something completely new. No legal action needed here!

Oh, by the way, it's a horror game. Made by Kojima and Del Toro. It's called Public Transport. "

It's never going to happen, is it? :(

God, many PC gamers are so annoying.

Can't wait to get a glimpse of his next masterpiece. P.T. 2.0 with PSVR would be amazing.

Strange that Sony supports the PC better than Microsoft.

Supporting the PC? Nah. I'm sure Sony's ideal scenario would've been to own the IP and have the game completely exclusive to the PS4, but Kojima wasn't willing to budge on the matter of IP ownership, so this outcome was the next best thing.

Assuming of course that Kojima actually does own the IP and not Sony. If Sony does then... that's interesting.

Nzyme32

Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing what new things they could cook up. Also great to see Sony happy to "support"/allow PC titles. Shame other platforms have to miss out, but thankfully Kojipro is independant

Yeah on your PC behind your desk....while your friends stand behind you and watch. Definitive indeed!

Huh, good thing my PC transitions nicely from Lounge on the TV / Projector to bedroom on the monitor.

Durante

Supporting the PC? Nah. I'm sure Sony's ideal scenario would've been to own the IP and have the game completely exclusive to the PS4, but Kojima wasn't willing to budge on the matter of IP ownership, so this outcome was the next best thing.

Assuming of course that Kojima actually does own the IP and not Sony. If Sony does then... that's interesting.
Yeah, pretty much this.

Sony doesn't "support" PC as much as it's cheaper to buy timed exclusivity than to buy full exclusivity.

Nesther

I'm still hoping it's a horror game.

Del Toro changing his tone in the last month or so about never doing video games again and Norman Reedus saying the Del Toro+Kojima+Him team dynamic "Needs to happen" in the last month as well gives me hope, that and this springing AS SOON as his contract expired.

I'm sure it'll happen at one point. Maybe not KojiPros first title, but it's safe to assume it'll be another sci-fi IP or that.

so last gen people got angry when ms was moneyhatting certain projects, and this gen, people love sony for moneyhatting sf5 and this new thing.

am i missing something?

great to hear that kojima found a new home/found a new studio.
There is a difference between moneyhatting and funding.

Mivey

To expand on this, of the thousands of multiplatform games released over the past decade I can't think of more than a handful (or even that) which weren't (sometimes eventually, after HW improvements and community fixes) definitive on PC.

Can you?
To be fair, you can never exclude (as nice as that would be) the possibility that they will just botch the PC port. I guess that is what the other people are hinting at, when they doubt that the PC version could be definitive.

Ludens

Banned
I wonder who asked about Metal Gear and Silent Hill. Of course they say the game has nothing to do with those IPs, since they are owned by Konami. What the dude making the interview would expect?

Gbraga

I'm still hoping it's a horror game.

Del Toro changing his tone in the last month or so about never doing video games again and Norman Reedus saying the Del Toro+Kojima+Him team dynamic "Needs to happen" in the last month as well gives me hope, that and this springing AS SOON as his contract expired.

Please be true

GeoramA

No-brainer investment by Sony. Finally working directly with Kojima after all these years has got to feel pretty special.

Durante

To be fair, you can never exclude the possibility that they will just botch the PC port. I guess that is what the other people are hinting at, when they doubt that the PC version could be definitive.
Even completely botched PC ports are generally definitive after the passage of time and community fixes. (e.g. SR2 is better on PC these days than anywhere else despite being an absolutely terrible port at launch)

AAK

Is this being published published by Sony? I thought that they only do so if they keep the IP.

Edit: nvm, already talked about.

stryke

no shit it will not having anything to do with Silent Hill. Can't believe how much things have to be spelled out for people these days.

so last gen people got angry when ms was moneyhatting certain projects, and this gen, people love sony for moneyhatting sf5 and this new thing.

am i missing something?

great to hear that kojima found a new home/found a new studio.

Because Sony is not moneyhatting third party exclusive? This will be second party game like the games from Insomniac as Sony will be the publisher. Not to mention it's coming to PC too.

Edit. Well SFV will be third party console exclusive. I give you that. Still that its coming to PC too.

SparkTR

Helldivers was published by Playstation Mobile which also publish games for smartphones and such.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was also spotted in the Steam database, a recent entry with lots of traffic as far as playtesting is concerned.

ZoddGutts

Isn't Helldivers publish by Sony themselves on Steam? On Steam is says Publish by 'Playstation Mobile,Inc'. Wonder if Sony will do the same thing or Kojima's own team will publish it on Steam.

prudislav

Praise the Lord
Bu9TbzPIIAAd6Iv.png

delSai

Isn't Helldivers publish by Sony themselves on Steam? On Steam is says 'Playstation Mobile,Inc'. Wonder if Sony will do the same thing or Kojima's own team will publish it on Steam.

Thats probably whats going to happen.
That PS Mobile publishes it, i mean lol

RK9039

Cool, I guess I can safely ignore my PS4 as usual. I'm really interested to see what he's working on, as much as I disliked MGSV I think he's still a mad genius.

Another "exclusive" console game coming to pc? What good is this miserable mound of PS4 of mine? Sell it for some blow, I guess. Sony is not really giving this consumer reason to keep it.

Thank gawd for pc.

Sony is basically giving you this game though.

The reason why "definitive" sticks in a lot of people's craws is that its typically used as as synonym for "superior" or "best", which implies that the console versions must therefore be the inferior versions.

Its just platform warrior bullshit, and needs to be called out as such.

Exactly.

entremet

God, many PC gamers are so annoying.

Can't wait to get a glimpse of his next masterpiece. P.T. 2.0 with PSVR would be amazing.

One of the major points of this topic is that the title is confirmed for PC.

Why are you surprised that PC gamers are elated of the news?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

The reason why "definitive" sticks in a lot of people's craws is that its typically used as as synonym for "superior" or "best", which implies that the console versions must therefore be the inferior versions.

Its just platform warrior bullshit, and needs to be called out as such.

PS. Is the PC version of Arkham Knight the definitive version?

Sicious

Neo Member
Great to see it's coming to PC too. I'm not expecting a horror game to be their first game, but i'm confident a spiritual successor(if makes sense calling it that) of Silent Hills will happen, considering how enthusiastic Del Toro and Reedus were.

Top Bottom