• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Withnail

Probably Kojima retaining IP rights and will self-publish on PC after an exclusivity period. No reason to assume SCE will publish the PC version.

Great more money for Kojima with two great platforms to release on.

I hope he can make the PS4 version of whatever he makes sing by focusing on that first.

Another "exclusive" console game coming to pc? What good is this miserable mound of PS4 of mine? Sell it for some blow, I guess. Sony is not really giving this consumer reason to keep it.

Thank gawd for pc.

Yes. I think now is the right time to sell.

so last gen people got angry when ms was moneyhatting certain projects, and this gen, people love sony for moneyhatting sf5 and this new thing.

am i missing something?

If you used a bit more brain power, you'd realise this outcome is actually good.
Funding a new potential AAA Japanese title requires money from somewhere.

SparkTR

Why would PC gamers have a meltdown, isn't MGSV the only game from Kojima on PC? Or did PC gamers all of the sudden become massive Kojima fans lol?

Where is the Funhaus guy? -_-

There's not much of a distinction these days. A lot of current PC gamers grew up with a PS1/N64/PS2, so they were console gamers as far as their background goes.

fantomena

I think personally people should just keep out this "definitive" stuff out of these threads. it will just create unneccessary plattform fanboyism.

entremet

Great news ruined by morons whom want to proclaim superiority in the version they decide on.

How is this moronic?

It's a pretty established pattern.

We're still getting a new Kojima game. It's all good.

Weird inferiority complex going on here.

Joey Ravn

Banned
My stomach! The knots!

Fun for everyone! :D

Why would PC gamers have a meltdown, isn't MGSV the only game from Kojima on PC? Or did PC gamers all of the sudden become massive Kojima fans lol?

Where is the Funhaus guy? -_-

Uh? MGS1 and MGS2: Substance were released on PC in 2000 and 2003, respectively. There are more core MGS titles on PC than not. But, oh well. These PC gamers, right?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't know why some people are twisting this into a consoles vs pc debate. I'm a primarily PC gamer, but I think it's good it's coming to PS4 and PC. Different people have different preferences, I'm happy it's coming to PC but also happy it's coming to PS4 for different audience pools.

Durante

The reason why "definitive" sticks in a lot of people's craws is that its typically used as as synonym for "superior" or "best", which implies that the console versions must therefore be the inferior versions.
But all of these are merely statements of fact.

PS. Is the PC version of Arkham Knight the definitive version?
Depending on your hardware, it either already is, or will eventually be. So yes.

fantomena

I don't know why some people are twisting this into a consoles vs pc debate. I'm a primarily PC gamer, but I think it's good it's coming to PS4 and PC. Different people have different preferences, I'm happy it's coming to PC but also happy it's coming to PS4 for different audience pools.

Agreed.

Stop all this superiority and definitive talk.

Gbraga

I just want to see Reedus or Del Toro making a positive comment on this to get my hype started.

Please don't let me down, Kojima, PLEASE.

Beefy

Yeah, pretty much this.

Sony doesn't "support" PC as much as it's cheaper to buy timed exclusivity than to buy full exclusivity.

Do you know this is the case this time? Or is this just you guessing?

Kind of weird nearly every thread has to be changed into Sony vs MS vs PC.

entremet

Agreed.

Stop all this superiority and definitive talk.

When people mean superior they usually mean objective measures like resolutions, framerates, and modding options.

Is that a controversial statement to make given the pattern with PC versions of most games?

No matter what this game ends up being the drama that Konami caused with this departure has rallied people around Kojima, its not just us core gamers on here and other sites as well, I worked at Gamestop up until about 2 months ago and even the average person who only played games once a week or so herd about it and was upset.

This game doesn't even exist in any way yet and still this is a HUGE win for Sony and will sell like crazy just because its Kojima and everyone hates Konami now.

I love the fact that Sony actually made a video announcing this too, they understand perfectly how smart this move is and in a few years when they can show that game as a big highlight on stage at E3 or PSX they'll know how much they crushed it. People will start cheering the moment they see that new logo for Kojima Productions.

Coreda

The reason why "definitive" sticks in a lot of people's craws is that its typically used as as synonym for "superior" or "best", which implies that the console versions must therefore be the inferior versions.

Its just platform warrior bullshit, and needs to be called out as such.

PC versions running with better graphics and performance shouldn't make a statement about it being better offensive. Take MGSV for example:

games-metalgearsolidvusrsr.jpg
games-metalgearsolidvckp6v.jpg

PS4 (left), PC (right). From Konami's own site.

It's not a console vs PC 'warrior' thing, it's just the way it is. Using one of the most notorious crappy ports in recent times as a counter-argument is silly, especially with the quality Kojima's team is known for.

fantomena

When people mean superior they usually mean objective measures like resolutions, framerates, and modding options.

Is that a controversial statement to make given the pattern with PC versions of most games?

It's not needed.

And having the definitive version is subjective based on the settings you can have the PC version on.

See, this discussion have completely destroyed the thread.

Yes it is. As a pc gamer, I really hate that kind of talk. There are other places for that.

TheFlow

Banned
glad there are more options for people to play his game, but pc fanboys gotta stop derailing these threads. Everybody knows the pc version of Arkham Knight is trash.

Ryuuga

Banned
How is this moronic?

It's a pretty established pattern.

We're still getting a new Kojima game. It's all good.

Weird inferiority complex going on here.

In time I hope you understand what this particular thread is about and what currently lead to what we're discussing.

Other than AK, what other releases in the last year or 2 are not "superior" or "best" on PC?

He thinks he is so above it he doesn't even acknowledge "platform warriors". To him it's just "console warriors".

Aaand apparently he doesn't even think that even factual statements can make you look bad depending on context. Or at least pretends not to.

entremet

It's not needed.

And having the definitive version is subjective based on the settings you can have the PC version on.

Ok. But the criteria I mentioned are not subjective. Those are measurable and identifiable.

This whole topic is confirming that it's on the PC platform.

The discussion you're trying to squash make no sense since it's relevant to the topic at hand, that Kojima's new game will in fact in be on PC.

Durante

It's pretty amazing that some people are so insecure that they call for a ban on factual statements so that their sensibilities are not offended.

Do you know this is the case this time? Or is this just you guessing?
No.

It's just an estimation (or a "guess" if you want) based on the fact that -- unlike some people, seemingly -- I don't for a second believe that any publicly traded corporation does anything for any other reason than self-interest.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Awesome. Now I want to hear it from somebody more crediblle.

And as a PC first supporter,the definitive version narrative is known. It's bad form to make the obvious apparent and comes off as fanboyish. If some are going to scoff at console warriors then this should be addressed as well.

That's not happening here at all. They would have happily keep it entirely PS4 exclusive. You should thank kojpro for the PC version.

I'm not too convinced about this. If Sony is publishing and funds it for a studio that is brand new and barely even exists yet they would have more than enough clout to have it as an exclusive if they really wanted. They seem to be pretty open about PC releases and they would just prevent additional revenue by not releasing on PC. They have very little to lose and much to gain by doing this while of course giving a big boon for Kojima as well to have more mindshare for his first independent game and studio.

Cleve

Jesus, Tizoc knew what he was doing calling the pc version definitive. It was bait to get people riled up. I'm sure it will be the best version, but look at what the thread is now.

I'm glad this is coming to PC too, and hope he's given the freedom to do what he wants and isn't pressured in to doing a metal gear or silent hill like.

Top Bottom