• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Meet The Head Transplant Doctor at The Centre of a MGS Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this ends up having serious repercussions on MGSV's development or release, I guess it's a good but sad example for those "how much influence does GAF have on the industry" threads...

DrkSage

quickly add this to at the end of the credits!
"any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental"

Venom Fox

Banned
I pointed out his resemblance to the actor from whom Konami actually did the scanning for the three-dimensional model, but he tells me that his lawyer has suggested something different that involves a conference held in Cyprus:

"One of the sponsors was coincidentally a game developer. Maybe some people there...I don't know...maybe they recorded the thing from certain angles, maybe the cameras were set up in the right spots... I do not know. It's just a hypothesis, but maybe it's not too far-fetched."

The Patriots are everywhere!!! lmao
This Doctor is on drugs.

Gintoki

At one point, suddenly asked me: “By the way, do you know how much this game is going to cost? And how many copies will it sell?” When I estimated that it’ll sell maybe 4 million units at 60 euros a pop, he started laughing.

“Wow!!! Sixty Euros? Multiplied by 4 or 5 MILLION? That would cover the whole operation for Valery and then some! We're talking about an insane amount of money!”

$$$$

Houndi101

Surely he is due some sort of compensation if his likeness has been used without his permission?

Or you know the actor just happens to look like him?
Gonna lol when Kojima has to explain to him that the "you've been in coma for 9 years" is the only line the doctor character ends up having

This is horrible and yet I can't help but have the widest grin on my face possible right now.

honest question this got me nervous a little bit

it's a little far fetched

but what if konami cancels TPP now to get back at us for getting them sued

im kind of worried, no joke

They've sunk way too much money into this game to even consider that.

quickly add this to at the end of the credits!
"any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental"

they've been doing that since MGS2 iirc

this article puts things in retrospective, I should've never linked the post to the MGS community

Houndi101

His face when he heard this

dollarsigns.jpg

Lum1n3s

The game won't come out then and you won't b able to play it. Let's get ready to move on to something else now people, TTP is done for.

MrS

Banned
Or you know the actor just happens to look like him?
Gonna lol when Kojima has to explain to him that the "you've been in coma for 9 years" is the only line the doctor character ends up having
That Is simply not plausible. They are identical. There glasses are the same. The voices are similar. They're doctors.
They didn't use his likeness, the real actor they used is right there in the OP.

They look about 80% similar to each other lol.
I respectfully disagree. They are identical to me.

Oh man this just gets better and better.

The sad part is, this Doctor seems like exactly the kind of guy that should be working with Kojima on a metal gear game.

Meaty

Man, I dont get why he would sue konami, they are bringing good press to him, a lot of people are interested in what hes trying to achieve now, me included. (even if only for the crazy aspect of it)

Loakum

Banned

Nothing will come of this but more free publicity for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain. "Doc" don't have half a leg to stand on with any suit from this. For what it's worth, it spawned the most entertaining thread in History! ^_^

BadWolf

Common man, they have spent way too much money on Fox Engine and the game itself. That is not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom