• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Youtubers Hide Ownership of CSGO Lottery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
Tmartn makes so much money from Youtube that several years ago he had 2 retirement packages all paid for. He moves usually about once a year into a brand new place and he literally buys whatever he wants. He's always been a pretty damn savvy business (teenage) man before all of this. Even if he does get fined, it won't affect him any. He is probably one of the richest youtubers out there.

Legit and probably dumb question - can't the US Gov. seize and or freeze his assets?

flkraven

Tmartn makes so much money from Youtube that several years ago he had 2 retirement packages all paid for. He moves usually about once a year into a brand new place and he literally buys whatever he wants. He's always been a pretty damn savvy business (teenage) man before all of this. Even if he does get fined, it won't affect him any. He is probably one of the richest youtubers out there.

This is beyond just being 'fined'. It will definitely affect him.

OCD Guy

I think the PsiSyndicate thing is very relevant but some of you are dismissing it because it's not ProSyndicate.

What's happened is PsiSyndicate has due to the news hitting involving others, wanted to tell his side of the story in the hope of doing damage control. He's just one of many Youtubers doing similar things.

He feels that it's better to hear it from him first.

The thing is as mentioned earlier, there are many Youytubers involved in what many would class as shady practices, and I think many are probably worrying a little now.....

Apathy

what is wrong with these people? stop talking, stop going on youtube and admitting to a crime. WTF. If I were the lawyers for these people I would be cutting my ties with them so fast. You can't do this.

umZKKKl.gif

Dennis

Banned

Well, becoming rich is a lot easier if you are not too fuzzy with legal matters and business ethics.

Those 2 retirement plans, do they include legal fees?

SyndicatePsysyndicate is saying that you shouldn't gamble skins...

after he fucking rigged videos on skin gambling.

This dude.

Wait a second, what?

Why is this dude incriminating himself?

I don't understand what is going on in his video. It seems like he was sponsored by a different skins site and it was rigged to let him win the items featured in his video which he gave away to fans, he rambles that much I found it difficult to follow.

He is not involved with CSGO Lotto he is just worried about being exposed so is getting out ahead of it.

coughlanio

And there's no way he makes all that from just YouTube.

VariantX

Psysindicates response : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQscWWI6Gw

Everybody makes mistakes he says.

edit: Is this the dude or someone else?

Description of the video:
All people make mistakes, so here is my confession and my follow up to my mistakes. We can learn from them and grow from them, I hope to do so. CSGO is a tempting, weird place for all CSGO YouTubers and Twitch streamers alike, I fell down a weird place and don't plan on going back there. All paid for videos should be clear, and will be from here on out! Why even make a PsiSyndicate exposed video? I don't know, no one else did :(...

Lol mistakes. Thats the word they're using for this shit.

a mistake is grabbing the wrong socks in a rush to get out the door in the morning.
a mistake is freeballing it and putting too much salt in the recipe.
a mistake is forgetting to carry the one on a math problem.

The shit these guys pulled was calculated at every step of the way.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I think the PsiSyndicate thing is very relevant but some of you are dismissing it because it's not ProSyndicate.

What's happened is PsiSyndicate has due to the news hitting involving others, wanted to tell his side of the story in the hope of doing damage control. He's just one of many Youtubers doing similar things.

The thing is as mentioned earlier, there are many Youytubers involved in what many would class as shady practices, and I think many are probably worrying a little now.....

He's clarifying his position but doesn't really add much that we didn't already know. Boils down to "this shit is bad and don't believe everything you see on YouTube". It's nice to see, regardless.

edit: actually the fact that he essentially got bribed to rig a video is important

Now most of the who were involved in some sense are doing damage control, in hope to save themselves and the business they have. (youtube accounts and its viewers).

Mahonay

Banned

Yep. I think a lot of people are scrambling as they see all of this shit is getting exposed at once right now.

What he said:

"we found this new site"

What he means:

"I founded this site, forgot I founded it, then we discovered it together"

What he said:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH HOO HOO HOO HOOO!"

What he means:

"I can't believe I am getting away with this"

Okay so psisyndicate(different guy from Pro Syndicate Tom Cassel co-owner of CSGO Lotto) Just admitted on video that he got paid in skins(worth 1000's $) by CSGO Lotto to rig 2 video's, is that correct? Oh boy this is getting too good.

Baleoce

what is wrong with these people? stop talking, stop going on youtube and admitting to a crime. WTF. If I were the lawyers for these people I would be cutting my ties with them so fast. You can't do this.

umZKKKl.gif

This is baffling me as well. I mean, they thoroughly deserve whatever they get, don't get me wrong, but do they not understand how much they're further incriminating themselves here?

Audioboxer

Yep. I think a lot of people are scrambling as they see all of this shit is getting exposed at once right now.

It's disgusting to think just how much fuckery is going on behind the scenes in the YT/streaming and games world. Not to mention who are involved.

Karak

I only have 140,000 subscribers but I am doing a video now Dennis and Shag have been credited for these excellent pics. This needs to get exposure asap

Magwik

Banned
What he said:

"we found this new site"

What he means:

"I founded this site, forgot I founded it, then we discovered it together"

What he said:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH HOO HOO HOO HOOO!"

What he means:

"I can't believe I am getting away with this"
The best part of it is, he could have wormed his way out with just the "we found this new site" there would be enough legal lee-way there to possibly get out of some heat. But then he continues to go on and act as if the site is another party independent of his own.

Most YouTubers seem to get money then let it ruin them.

It is nice to see those who stay faithful. Funnily enough, they're the ones who after reaching fame - mostly for covering the right game at the right time (but actually obviously being watchable, likeable and producing good content), their views drop off as people move on to the next hit thing.

It seems the YouTubers that hop on to the next thing all end up cannibalising themselves.

It is like shit I got money. Now I need to get maximum money. Quickly. How can I do that.

The h3h3 video is right, this is the shadiest of shady shit. But there's been bucket loads of low-level shady shit that's kind of gone by over the years without any recourse.

I remember when Tmartn actually used to produce good quality COD stuff, actually teach you things - now it's designed for maximum fake reactions and exploitation.

Audioboxer

I only have 140,000 subscribers but I am doing a video now Dennis and Shag have been credited for these excellent pics. This needs to get exposure asap

Dude only 140k?! lol.

I get what you're saying but to a nobody like me the words only and 140k in the same sentence are hard to grasp. Well done though and thanks for spreading.

Okay so psisyndicate(different guy from Pro Syndicate Tom Cassel co-owner of CSGO Lotto) Just admitted on video that he got paid in skins(worth 1000's $) by CSGO Lotto to rig 2 video's, is that correct? Oh boy this is getting too good.

This info sounds good to be included in the OP, any other information from his video?

I am taking a look at it right now.

cebri.one

Hopefully they'll go to jail for scamming thousands of teenagers. And Valve has huge responsability in all this bullshit.

Nokterian

Ooh ooh ooohh..i say goddamn it goes even deeper!

Boke1879

only 140k LOL. that's a lot dude. make that video. Post it here and I'll share it as well.

Kinsei

Banned

*Only*

Even getting 1k is a massive achievement. Congrats.

I'm sitting over here with just over 150 and I'm pretty sure most of them are bots.

Mahonay

Banned
It's disgusting to think just how much fuckery is going on behind the scenes in the YT/streaming and games world. Not to mention who are involved.
Sadly it's not really that surprising.

It's not like they are tiny YouTube channels with a couple dozen subscribers either. These are huge channels that bring it enough money for the creators to making a living off of. They went of their way and took the extra steps to put together this huge scheme, just an absolutely embarrassing and disgusting display of greed.

Audioboxer

Okay here's a hard hitting question GAF...

Give these fuckers a pardon if they out a ton of their scummy friends?

I'm sure this rabbit hole goes deep and has many other YTers and streamers doing similar. Probably why apology videos might start coming out now from other YTers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom