• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

muteki

Edit** why would they show off a switch game in ultra wide mode when the tablet isn't ultra wide? That's not a PC screenshot?

From a technical standpoint it could be like every other game out there what you see first is running off PC hardware.

From a marketing standpoint, it is a little silly and misrepresentation.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Ah the first overhyped indie on a new Nintendo system. Feels like it was just yesterday. Kinda looks to be using those stock UE4 assets from the kite demo.

Gotta keep those scoops coming somehow until the faucet is shut off next year I guess.

Who's overhyping it ? People are just saying it looks very nice...

Seriously doubt these screens or the trailer are running on actual Switch hardware.

I don't see why not. Aside from instance count there's nothing particularly demanding going on in those screens - we can't see many textures to judge, the shots are heavily compressed/edited to account for a possible lack of AA and there's nothing happening on screen really. Don't get me wrong, the careful level design, lighting quality and colour balance make the game look great, but it's nothing groundbreaking or outside of the Switch's reach I don't think.

Plus they're stills - wait for gameplay.

Waji

I didn't check everything. Did someone give the details about the game fro the French Website ?
I read it and it could be really interesting.
Being French at least helped me once here...

Vana

Neo Member
Wait fot the trailer running on *PC.

As far as I remember, the guy's company didn't get a Switch devkit, so, yeah, most likely.

I also think he is also the current source of Gameblog about the Switch, and Julien Chièze said they had *exclusives news* last summer that the Switch was going to be as powerful as the PS4 Pro.

So yeah, I'd say bullshit.

Aldric

As far as I remember, the guy's company didn't get a Switch devkit, so, yeah, most likely.

I also think he is also the current source of Gameblog about the Switch, and Julien Chièze said they had *exclusives news* last summer that the Switch was going to be as powerful as the PS4 Pro.

So yeah, I'd say bullshit.

Chièze has legit sources about the Switch, he's the first one who mentioned the Rabbids x Mario crossover.

Top Bottom