• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

that back pack should have been blue for the win

13558.jpg

Might be. It says it's a NS exclusive, but that doesn't mean there isn't a PC port coming, too. I can't read the article to get any other information. I'm curious to see this in action.
He said its direct feed from the game. Why are you saying PC when it's Switch exclusive?

Portugeezer

As some of you pointed out, we also have a few pieces of concept art on the site. Next week we'll have a video interview with the creators of the game as well as the first gameplay footage.

Let us know if the screens and footage is from the Switch.

Plum

Ah the first overhyped indie on a new Nintendo system. Feels like it was just yesterday. Kinda looks to be using those stock UE4 assets from the kite demo.

Gotta keep those scoops coming somehow until the faucet is shut off next year I guess.

Your tag doesn't exactly make this post seem like genuine criticism.

aBarreras

Ah the first overhyped indie on a new Nintendo system. Feels like it was just yesterday. Kinda looks to be using those stock UE4 assets from the kite demo.

Gotta keep those scoops coming somehow until the faucet is shut off next year I guess.

who the fuck is overhyping this? what?

EDarkness

He said its direct feed from the game. Why are you saying PC when it's Switch exclusive?

I can't read French and didn't know whether there was a PC version as well. Exclusive these days doesn't mean complete exclusive. The PC will get a version, too, sometimes. I can never keep that straight.

I can't read French and didn't know whether there was a PC version as well. Exclusive these days doesn't mean complete exclusive. The PC will get a version, too, sometimes. I can never keep that straight.
The guy is in the topic. You can probably ask him. He said Switch exclusive on the website and gameplay is coming next week.

Might be. It says it's a NS exclusive, but that doesn't mean there isn't a PC port coming, too. I can't read the article to get any other information. I'm curious to see this in action.

It uses the UE4 engine, there is no build for Switch avaiable for indies.

Also the reason why they can show that game.

Nah, he just had to find some way to take a shot at Nintendo, and the only way he could do that in this topic is to downplay the game by any means possible.

Any news that could be seen as positive for Nintendo, is like the Bat Signal for P&B. He sees a thread and knows he has to come shit on everything inside.

daakusedo

I want to see this in motion first.

this game has been in development since 2014 if we go by the only video uploaded on youtube by the developer I wonder if it was always a Switch game back then.

It has been pitched at least to ea and sony. Crazy that of all of them it's nintendo that would pick it. Actually the whole story about this studio is crazy, unfortunate it's only available in a french podcast.

It has been pitched at least to ea and sony. Crazy that of all of them it's nintendo that would pick it. Actually the whole story about this studio is crazy, unfortunate it's only available in a french podcast.

we need some English news sites to report on the team soon I would love to know more

I understand French well enough can you link me to the podcast it would be worth a listen

EDarkness

It uses the UE4 engine, there is no build for Switch avaiable for indies.

Also the reason why they can show that game.

I would have imagined that they would have tested it on an NS by now and that also doesn't mean that they couldn't get the updates from Epic with Nintendo approval. I know that the NS isn't even listed for Unity, but supposedly there are some approved indies that are using it now. The rest of us have to wait until the official launch. Probably the same case for Unreal 4.

KooopaKid

Banned
If those are indeed real-time graphics running on Switch, then the jump from Vita to this is very impressive. A real next-gen jump.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah well, let's see how the console handles handheld mode first. We still have zero clue. I wouldn't be surprised if there were sacrifices

Even in lower power mode this shit is gonna be nutz after playing on the DS then 3ds for a decade.

Looks gorgeous, wonder why its being revealed this month rather than the Switch event?
Maybe to throw us some nice early bones? Lol

This is what I wanted from Nintendo. I wanted them to give us a little Switch news here and there along with some smaller game announcements until Jan 12.

I would have imagined that they would have tested it on an NS by now and that also doesn't mean that they couldn't get the updates from Epic with Nintendo approval. I know that the NS isn't even listed for Unity, but supposedly there are some approved indies that are using it now. The rest of us have to wait until the official launch. Probably the same case for Unreal 4.

Yes, upper class indies getting early access to engines and builds all the time. Nintendo doesn't give a no name dev without publisher backup the attention of the first announced Nintendo Switch game.

And not even the ratio of those screenshots is correct.

Shahadan

Havent you see Zelda?
Going from 3ds to switch will blow everybody s mind

Zelda is a port of a less demanding game that is already doing big sacrifices and gets away with it because of its artstyle.

We're still not sure how the machine handles games made for Switch specifically. But yeah in any case it'll be better than 3ds that's not hard. Really impatient to get rid of that one

Luigiv

I'll believe this is running on the Switch when I see it. Even if this game is meant to be Switch exclusive, that doesn't mean these screens can't be bullshots (or not even running on the switch at all). IQ looks way too clean.

EDarkness

Yes, upper class indies getting early access to engines and builds all the time. Nintendo doesn't give a no name dev without publisher backup the attention of the first announced Nintendo Switch game.

And not even the ratio of those screenshots is correct.

I thought it was implied that they got Nintendo backup? At least that's what I gathered from some of the posts here. If that's the case, then they should have everything they need. No idea about the video, or screen captures, though. I wouldn't doubt they've been edited in some way.

Rodin

I'll believe this is running on the Switch when I see it. Even if this game is meant to be Switch exclusive, that doesn't mean these screens can't be bullshots (or not even running on the switch at all). IQ looks way too clean.

What? Shots are cropped and super compressed, there's aliasing and artifacts everywhere. IQ is the last thing that should make you say this isn't real time. Lighting and foliage on the other hand...

I thought it was implied that they got Nintendo backup? At least that's what I gathered from some of the posts here. If that's the case, then they should have everything they need. No idea about the video, or screen captures, though. I wouldn't doubt they've been edited in some way.

Well, we can also believe that Nintendo allowed a no name indie dev to get early access to the UE4 engine for Switch, getting the pleasure of announcing and showing footage as first dev and everything is tight and exclusive to a French website.

I'm not gonna fight people at this point anymore.

Top Bottom