• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

Petition for DICE to support 4 player split screen in Star Wars Battlefront - PLEASE SIGN IT!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-for-dice-to-support-4-player-split-screen

You can also help by RTing this Tweet.

Just when you think you've seen it all up pops another one, add 4 player split-screen and people would want 8 player split-screen because "my 100" tv screen would support it".

They've given us split-screen which in itself is a real bonus considering it's almost non-existent these days but you keep fighting the good fight for all the entitled gamers out there.

DOWN

Banned
Or you could have auto-pilot as an option/switch. Instead of turning it into a COD helicopter gunner perk.

What? I don't think that's how it works...

I think the AT-AT moves automatically through the map (it's like a train that your team has to defend as it pushes through). The more damage it takes, the more in danger your mission is.

I assume additionally, you can jump in it and shoot it. Almost like a turret or something. However, if the AT-AT takes too much damage, or if the damage is localized in your gunning position you die and that position is nullified.

Is this not how it works? Can you post anything that proves your point or is it just conjecture on both our ends?

Octodad is correct. You can shoot from it, but its path through the forest is on rails for obvious reasons and no fun lost.

Skyzard

Banned
No fun lost in the bite-sized singleplayer missions maybe. Even then I disagree tbh - especially since you can co-op those.

Some people like controlling vehicles, even difficult ones. And auto-drive as a default state doesn't spoil it for those that don't want to.

HariKari

Hopefully, Yes! The current Battlefield: Call of Duty Edition sucks.

The weakest parts of Battlefield 3 and especially 4 were the maps with nonstop vehicle spam. DICE just went completely overboard with no regard for balance. I hope they tone in down a bit for Battlefront. Unless it's a vehicle specific mode, the infantry fight should be the focus.

DOWN

Banned
No fun lost in the bite-sized singleplayer missions maybe. Even then I disagree tbh - especially since you can co-op those.

Some people like controlling vehicles, even difficult ones. And auto-drive as a default state doesn't spoil it for those that don't want to.

It would sure as hell spoil it anytime an idiot decided to get in and drive and ruin it for everyone else.

Skyzard

Banned
^ More like not implementing it properly to save on development time because 'PC guys don't need it'. Hell, it might be a reason people would double-dip. Probably not once they find out the missions are bite-sized though.

It would sure as hell spoil it anytime an idiot decided to get in and drive and ruin it for everyone else.

By doing what?

It could prevent spawn camping if they managed to get it that far, so could defense turrets, it's also why you can deploy shields and call in strikes to deal with them.

dogen

The chances of this happening are quite slim, but I admire your persistence. With their hope of hitting 60FPS and have some graphical prowess you won't be seeing four-player split screen in anything outside of Nintendo. It isn't viable as a business decision for them and it wouldn't be great as a technical decision.

Rebel Strike had splitscreen while still being the best looking gamcube game, and it (mostly) ran at 60 fps.

Oh, 4 player. They could probably pull it off with somewhat reduced visual quality.

Xane

cxJC4rY.png

Fully controllable AT-ATs in BFr2 was great fun so I'm not buying this argument at all.

I for one am glad they're on rails. Piloting AT-ATs in BF2 was obsolete and boring. Your finger essentially never left the "W" key. I'm certain it'll be more fun just concentrating on aiming and firing this time around.

I don't see how this gameplay is too different from Battlefield aside from the third person camera... They better have first-person only server options too. Third person in online games is bull shit. Especially those that left you switch between the two... yeah, I'm totally going to handicap myself.

Third person shooters are excellent online. I've had quite a bit of fun in Socom, TLOU factions and Ghost Recon. I'm pretty sure some people would be glad to add how awesome MGO is.

Just when you think you've seen it all up pops another one, add 4 player split-screen and people would want 8 player split-screen because "my 100" tv screen would support it".

They've given us split-screen which in itself is a real bonus considering it's almost non-existent these days but you keep fighting the good fight for all the entitled gamers out there.

But 8 player split screen has never been a standard in gaming, 4 player has been.

Still no real answer about 3rd person other than the rumors.

I want 3rd Person and BOTs!

Am I crazy? I watched the Battlefront panel live stream from a few days ago and the lead Dice guy specifically said third person and first person. Also, playing as "hero" characters was standard in the past Battlefront.

Crosseyes

Banned
^ More like not implementing it properly to save on development time because 'PC guys don't need it'. Hell, it might be a reason people would double-dip. Probably not once they find out the missions are bite-sized though.

By doing what?

It could prevent spawn camping if they managed to get it that far, so could defense turrets, it's also why you can deploy shields and call in strikes to deal with them.
My guess is that they'll be absolutely needed to advance towards a certain objective that requires the AT-AT to get there to win somehow. Somebody manually hanging back with it farming kills would probably be having fun themselves but would be sabotaging winning the entire game for his team potentially.

But 8 player split screen has never been a standard in gaming, 4 player has been.

But it hasn't been the standard for how long now? barring a couple of games and now even 2 player split-screen is almost a thing of the past so getting any split-screen at all is already a bonus over most other games these days.

I just think there are plenty of other things, much more important, that should have petitions backing them.

*rubberband the joystick forward, go make dinner.

Battlefront moments.

I would argue in MP it is detrimental to the experience. It's frustrating enough in BF to have a third of your team camping the spawn for a jet or wandering off doing something silly. It seems like a waste of a teammate to require a designated "hold forward" on the joystick player. This also seems to lead to potential trolling. Better to have it automated for something so simple and let players be more interactive.

That said, I think you can still get in the head and "pew pew" things.

Hubble

It is horrid some vehicles are on rails, and really gimped as not a full promise in taking control of iconic vehicles. It's not the same.

i-Lo

I don't know if this was already posted here but let me reiterate just in case. I found this on PSN store pertaining to Deluxe Ed. DLCs:

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER DETAILS:

Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
- Static Theme
Play on 11-17-2015, Midnight Eastern Time. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.
<
Immerse yourself in your Star Wars™ battle fantasies.

Upgrade to the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Deluxe Edition and get the base game plus five exciting in-game items
• Han Solo’s Blaster (instant access)
• Ion Detonator (instant access)
• MPL Ion Torpedo (instant access)
• Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
• Victory (exclusive emote)

Also, some other pertinent info:

1 player
Network Players 2-40
25GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
Online Play (Optional)

DOWN

Banned
I don't know if this was already posted here but let me reiterate just in case. I found this on PSN store pertaining to Deluxe Ed. DLCs:

Yeah, the Ripoff Deluxe Edition is just early unlock for three guns that you can still get in regular game and 2 exclusive emotes. That's it.

It also states that the game will be 720p. Plus we know it supports offline splitscreen and is supposed to be 1 player offline only. Placeholder par excellence

Anyone else somewhat worried about map size? I fully understand that maps are designed around player count and Dice is well aware of that, but in terms of actual sheer physical landmass though. Battlefield 4's conquest maps were pretty huge and felt imposing with 64 players duking it out.

Say Battlefront's maps were the same size...it doesn't feel like 40 players would fill it up and have it feel just as chaotic and destructive, no? They can make it so that 40 players do take up an entire map adequately but the maps literally won't be the same size as BF4's right? I just want BF4 sized maps again.

shandy706

Anyone else somewhat worried about map size? I fully understand that maps are designed around player count and Dice is well aware of that, but in terms of actual sheer physical landmass though. Battlefield 4's conquest maps were pretty huge and felt imposing with 64 players duking it out.

Say Battlefront's maps were the same size...it doesn't feel like 40 players would fill it up and have it feel just as chaotic and destructive, no? They can make it so that 40 players do take up an entire map adequately but the maps literally won't be the same size as BF4's right? I just want BF4 sized maps again.

I'd think, and hope, they'll keep them pretty tight.

It wouldn't be Star Wars if it didn't feel like there were a million lasers flying all over the place near you.

They may be smaller but I reckon they'll have a lot more going on in them. Some may even be the same size but encourage vehicle use. I am worried though, yes. I look forward to seeing this all elaborated at E3.

It needs to be a mixture of Close Quarters and full scale

Endor - I can imagine would fit a close quarters map with all its tree's and general foliage providing adequate choke points. It does need to provide enough space for speeder's to manoeuvre though.

Tattooine / Hoth - would fit a larger battle with use of vehicles as its a more barren environment

Top Bottom