• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Kay: Anniversary announced for WiiU/PS4/PS3/360/PC by Nordic/Kaiko

http://www.develop-online.net/press...y-anniversary-releases-in-summer-2015/0205767

81uhcs66KzL.jpg
81ccxLYPogL.jpg

Targeted platforms: Nintendo Wii U, Sony Playstation 4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC/MAC

Vienna/AUSTRIA, 22nd of April, 2015

10 years after its initial release, Legend of Kay - Anniversary is a thoroughly remastered version of the original game and due to be released this summer, retailing between USD/EUR 19.99 and 29.99, depending on the platform. Further information on the pricing will be released in due time.

In this action-packed 3D platformer, gamers will play as the cat Kay, who is a real martial arts aficionado and very much adept in frightening foes with his paws and his weaponry.

“It has been a pleasure to work with KAIKO and having the opportunity bringing Kay back to life again”, comments Gennaro Giani, producer & localization manager at Nordic Games. “Legend of Kay is pure action-gaming with fantastic 3D Platformer Elements and a wonderful Soundtrack. My personal tagline for Legend of Kay: Easy to learn, hard to master.”

"Legend of Kay was a true gem on the Playstation 2 platform”, adds Reinhard Pollice, business & product development director at Nordic Games. “Our strategy is to focus on our IPs and make them available to as many players as possible and also on the current generation of consoles. We keep our options open to expand on the Legend of Kay franchise in the future."

"Working on Legend of Kay Anniversary was and still is quite remarkable”, comments Peter Thierolf, founder and managing director at KAIKO. "We were able to rediscover the attention to detail with which the original game had been crafted and pushed ourselves to be true to that original spirit. This was about the best time we had within the last couple of years.", founder and managing director at KAIKO. "We were able to rediscover the attention to detail with which the original game had been crafted and pushed ourselves to be true to that original spirit. This was about the best time we had within the last couple of years."

Well we have some interesting developments since the original thread.

Mainly, it's now also on PS3 and 360, and apparently Unit 4 Games is now Kaiko... AGAIN!

Kaiko was actually like the grandaddy of Neon and Keen Games, all of which Peter Thierolf was at.

Screens:

Nudull

Banned
Might pick it up. Always seemed like one of those games you always see in bargain bins that's actually decent.

Millions of other platformers that I woukd rather have in this one's position, which means I'm gonna have to buy this so the publishers get the message.

Arttemis

I'm unfamiliar with the series, but if there's any of the staff responsible for Darksiders 1 and 2, then I'm pretty optimistic about this.

Nimby

Banned
Maybe for Wii U, it's kind of weird for a lesser-known platformer to get a remastered edition on current gen consoles.

Takao

Banned
Platform choices are weird. Last gen machines seem kind of dead in the west, and I can't see a port of an obscure PS2 game being an exception.

PS3 is especially odd given the original game is a PS2 Classic ...

Briarios

I'm probably getting the Wii U version just to support the system. Plus, I have a ton of games on the PS4 to play right now.

Of course, if there is a MASSIVE difference between the two, I mau change my mind ... But i wouldn't expect it with this game.

PrinceKee

Thought it said Legacy of Kain and got happy =(

I was hoping I wasn't the online person that prematurely clicked on this thread before looking at the box art in the OT and said WTF is this shit?

Wish it was a Legacy of Kain game :-( I'll leave now...

lum0s

Banned
I remember the original on PS2. It was a decent action platformer, but the voice acting was some of the worst I have ever heard, even to this day. The main character sounded like they literally just picked a kid off the street and gave him a few bucks to speak some lines. I think there was an option to lower vocal audio in the game, which made it bearable.

Biker19

Banned
Hope it comes out on a physical copy. I never had a chance to play it, & it looks very fun.

It's weird especially since PC to XB1 porting is now easier than ever right?

There are some games like Tropico 5 & Dust: An Elysian Tail being on 360 & PS4, but not on either PS3 or Xbox One. Wonder why that is...

Everytime I see a statement like this about a game that wouldn't sell on the Xbox because of its genre, 8 times of 10 the Wii or Wii U version end up selling the worst.

I meant Xbox One specifically, I doubt they would exclude it otherwise if they saw better chances on that console. But you could be right of course.

Lijik

Platform choices are weird. Last gen machines seem kind of dead in the west, and I can't see a port of an obscure PS2 game being an exception.

PS3 is especially odd given the original game is a PS2 Classic ...
A family friendly game being released on the cheap on last gen consoles isnt anything new.

Top Bottom