• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Kay: Anniversary announced for WiiU/PS4/PS3/360/PC by Nordic/Kaiko

Got it on Wii U yesterday. Just giving it a go. Not had any framerate issues and it looks gorgeous. The characters are really crisp. Camera isn't great but it's far from the worst.

It's a shame more games like this weren't remastered.

Sweet! Props to Kaiko for trying to do 900p which I think is indeed higher than PS360 which are at 720p, so we have a rare game that is graphically superior on Wii U.

I hope Nordic do more 3D platformer remasters on Wii U and NX. De Blob 1 and 2 are perfect picks from their catalog, don't remember any other THQ-owned platformers though. Kay was owned by JoWood before they were bought by Nordic.

IpsoFacto

Quick question: Are there any stores that sell physical copies of Legend of Kay: Anniversary for the Xbox 360? Or is it a digital only release for that platform?

So no one made an OT for this game? Shame, it really is quite good.

I just beat it on nightmare mode yesterday and really enjoyed it all the way through. Some parts were pretty frustrating due to enemies having a billion HP but nothing I couldn't handle.

It looks and runs great, I don't think I noticed any framerate drops anywhere (PS4). The PS2 version holds up well and they did a great job remastering it. One big improvement over the original is the ability to switch the dub language separately from the UI and subtitle language. Kay's English VO is so awful I played the whole game with German audio. It's a shame because the rest of the cast is competent, it's just the kid who plays Kay himself is terrible.

The camera is the only thing that truly brings it down, and while it can be very problematic at times it's still manageable. I wasn't fond of the stupid boar/wolf races either but there aren't that many of them.

Camera issues aside and keeping in mind that it IS at 10 year old game, I really liked it and I give it an even 4/5 starts.

Famassu

This is on sale on the eShop right now for £3.99

Is it worth checking out?
For that price, sure, it's worth checking out. It's no Mario or even Jak & Daxter, but it's still a perfectly playable actiony platformer if you're not too picky of what you play.

Top Bottom