• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

Beat me to it.

tmx.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/388744657707868160

Midna and Zelda

Love this new character designer. What other artwork for what other games has he put out?

They nailed it with the artwork. I just can't wait!!

A friend of mine just ordered a copy of the game...and the last time he played a Zelda game was on the SNES. I think this game will sell a lot of people on this franchise again. :)

Vire

Love this trailer. I love the that pre-release nintendo game hype. After going months with no new info, Nintendo starts dumping all this info on us. So excited!

Definitely the best trailer they have released so far. Finally I can put my 3DS to use again! :D

dkeane

Hmmm the castle artwork they shared on twitter has some interesting looking characters in the dark reflection.

Effect

So, she doesn't seem like 'dark' Zelda, but just 'alternate' Zelda. It sounds like something happened with this world's Link...

That piece of dialogue at the very end did cast a shadow over the other Link. There has to be a reason why she would single out the Hyrule Link as being superb and say they need a hero.

My most look forward to game this year!

JB2448

I'm loving all of this, but I still don't get the 2DS hate. Heaven forbid Nintendo releases a product for a different target market, am I right?

But no, seriously, the art and the music are giving me such positive vibes about this. Can't believe 3D World is coming out on the same day.

bumpkin

So awesome. I just wish they hadn't shown a clip of Link pulling the master sword from its resting place. That's always one of the most poignant scenes in a Zelda game; I would have wanted to see it for the first time playing the game.

Other than that, sweet trailer for what's likely going to be an amazing game!

TreIII

*niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.gif*

Most hyped game of Q4 2013 for me. Even PKMN has to take a back seat to the welcome return of a proper overhead-Zelda experience.

Not a fan of the ugly character models. Wouldn't notice the character models if they didn't try to force a "2D" game to be more cinematic with those cut scenes.

Velcro Fly

Is this the first stuff we've seen related to turning into a painting?

I need this game. Would trade pokemon for it hands down. 2013 is truly the year of the 3DS

Hiltz

Great. Now I need to get a 3DS.

I do agree the character models and environments don't look so hot in 3D polygons, but this is a spiritual successor to A Link to the Past! The game looks like it will be full of some fresh twists on old ideas and interesting use of the moving portrait mechanic for puzzle-solving.

I keep re-listening to the title music.

Oh my god.

Game looks so good too...it's almost like a combination of the feel of a story book with a darker than story book story.

Linkhero1

I'm excited. The art looks great, the trailer looks great, and the music sounds great.

Lorule is annoying to pronounce though.

Not a fan of the ugly character models. Wouldn't notice the character models if they didn't try to force a "2D" game to be more cinematic with those cut scenes.

yea, I agree w/ you. I was harping on it in my head as I was watching the trailer, but its seems like I might have been just because of those cutscenes. Link looks terrible.

Please don't tell me they're using the Dark World near straight up and trying to pass it off as a new world. If it turns out Lorule has nothing to do with the Dark World, I'm calling some serious shenanigans.

Lijik

yea, I agree w/ you. I was harping on it in my head as I was watching the trailer, but its seems like I might have been just because of those cutscenes. Link looks terrible.

I think Zelda and the villain look pretty alright but Link close up looks baaaaaad

RagnarokX

Please don't tell me they're using the Dark World near straight up and trying to pass it off as a new world. If it turns out Lorule has nothing to do with the Dark World, I'm calling some serious shenanigans.
Well, the Dark World was also a mirror of Hyrule, and Hilda says Lorule used to look like Hyrule. Maybe similarities are just coincidental. It's not that much of a stretch.

OmegaX

That piece of dialogue at the very end did cast a shadow over the other Link. There has to be a reason why she would single out the Hyrule Link as being superb and say they need a hero.

My most look forward to game this year!
Alternate Universe Link is Tingle. It all makes sense.

Hiltz

It's games like this that make you wish Nintendo just did it in the same style as A Link to the Past. Then it would look terrific and age gracefully.

I liked it. Tough months for my wallet with Pokemon, Ace Attorney and Zelda being so close. 3DS had a killer 2013.

Yeah I've spent more than I care to recall on my 3DS this year. Outstanding. Might have to push a few of these into Christmas present territory. And I really fancy an XL!

Top Bottom