• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

RagnarokX

6stLQXk.jpg

The woman in the portrait is holding a Ravio staff.

Well, the Dark World was also a mirror of Hyrule, and Hilda says Lorule used to look like Hyrule. Maybe similarities are just coincidental. It's not that much of a stretch.
I'm calling shenanigans on a more developmentally related side--I'm already pretty down on the reuse of Hyrule's LttP design, but to see them reuse the Dark World (for the most part) and say "It's actually a new world!" would get a hefty eyebrow raise.

JoeFu

Banned
omg that trailer hyped me like crazy. the title screen music alsdkfjal;sdkgjas;dlkfjas;dlkgj so goood als;kfdja;sldkgfja;sdlkgjhas;dlkfjasldkgjag

tesla246

Ok that looks seriously imperssive. Last mario 3d world trailer was superb, then dk trailer was quite good and now this trailer... I just wanted to say that the last trailers they sent out have made a more than usual positive note.

This game is now a day one

D-e-f-

Banned
vlcsnap-2013-10-11-21hesyh.png

Hilda talking "to" Zelda in a painting

vlcsnap-2013-10-11-21h1sya.png

Standard sword at the beginning confirmed.

vlcsnap-2013-10-11-21m5slr.png

Three pendants from ALTTP are back. I guess that's why you'll have to go back into the three original Hyrule dungeons.

vlcsnap-2013-10-11-21i1sms.png

Get the master sword, destroy the barrier in Hyrule castle and then gain the world-travel mechanic.

vlcsnap-2013-10-11-214cs8q.png

Zelda in a painting.

vlcsnap-2013-10-11-21jcspv.png

EvilDude doing evil things.

vlcsnap-2013-10-11-210msem.png

Link dreaming about Ganon? Dream because he is holding his no-name sword.

It's games like this that make you wish Nintendo just did it in the same style as A Link to the Past. Then it would look terrific and age gracefully.

Totally agreed. I think the biggest hangup with this style being used is the fact that it's being rendered at 400x240 without any anti-aliasing, and it just makes it look awful.

That said, if they were to do an "HD Remake" sometime in the future by just upscaling it and smoothing out those jaggles, it'd look probably pretty fantastic.

Graphics aside, I love the style and I can't wait to play it.

mantidor

The villain is female, why are you calling her dude?

Also, is there any new info from the Aonuma presentation? links? transcripts?

JoeFu

Banned
Artstyle/graphic/character model doesn't bother me. I can't wait to play this 60fps silky smoothness so hyped akl;dsjfha;lsdkghjas;dlkfghja;slgasdfg

Totally agreed. I think the biggest hangup with this style being used is the fact that it's being rendered at 400x240 without any anti-aliasing, and it just makes it look awful.

That said, if they were to do an "HD Remake" sometime in the future by just upscaling it and smoothing out those jaggles, it'd look probably pretty fantastic.

Graphics aside, I love the style and I can't wait to play it.

If it was done in the style of Four Swords Adventures, with sprites and that but 3d effects on top, that would have looked really nice.

Barakov

Looks great. I'm loving everything about this. Still can't believe this and 3D world and coming out on the same day.

mantidor

Highly doubtful. Look at the face (shape). Doesn't look female at all.

It looks very gerudo like.

The laugh sounded feminine, and not in the flamboyant way of Girahim, and there's the clothes, the hair...

I'm not sure I like Zelda getting these new bend-gender enemies though :/

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Pretty good trailer. Hoping this is a classic, it'll be the first Zelda I've day one'd in over a decade.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Lorule? That's a criminally bad name.

Darryl

Banned
it looks amazing. hope the evil looking zelda really is evil and lorule is secretly where majora's mask took place so we can get some more of that world

Top Bottom