• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO and PlayStation Are Working on a New Game Called 'LEGO Horizon Adventures'

Draugoth

Gold Member
horizon-lego-adventures.jpg
LEGO and PlayStation are developing a new game named ‘LEGO Horizon Adventures’.

Last week, trademark finder Kurakasis tweeted that Sony and Lego were soon to announce a collaboration of a well-known IP. At the time, Kurakasis revealed the game, but as what seems to be obligatory from insiders these days, I vaguely tweeted that the project was ‘on the horizon’.

Speaking with sources, it was said that the game is essentially “Horizon Forbidden West but Lego” and that the game will have “realistic graphics” – whatever that means for a LEGO game.

Insider Gaming

Last edited:

onQ123

That one time when I was sure it was just another Lego set & just ignored it it turned out to be a unexpected game lol.

Legos are are real so it shouldn't be hard to imagine a Lego game with realistic graphics.

Sony probably using Legos as a chance to flex some Ray-Tracing muscle

Draugoth

Gold Member
So they will announce three games at the showcase
  • This LEGO game
  • The Horizon Zero Dawn remaster that was leaked a while back
  • The Horizon Multiplayer game that has been in development for more than 5 years at Guerrilla Games

Why does Sony loves this franchise so much?

midnightAI

So they will announce three games at the showcase
  • This LEGO game
  • The Horizon Zero Dawn remaster that was leaked a while back
  • The Horizon Multiplayer game that has been in development for more than 5 years at Guerrilla Games

Because I do, so they are making these games just for me

Although, doubt on the other two, but this + the third part of the trilogy is more likely in my opinion

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Better than the remake I suppose.

But please have more shit than this to announce. For ADULTS

Holammer

Wonder if Telltale will work on it?
They always strike me as a bunch of "glad to be working" guys. Churning out the same licensed Lego slop year after year.

darthkarki

Hell yes! This sounds frickin awesome. Love Horizon, love LEGO - combine them? Even more awesome. Can't wait to see more details.

Because it's frickin awesome? :D Haters gonna hate, but fighting robot dinosaurs with a bow and arrow is just top-tier cool.

Seriously though, HZD has one of the most well-done, original sci-fi stories and settings in any entertainment medium in a long time. The way you gradually learn "what happened" is an absolute masterpiece.

Last edited:

midnightAI

That one time when I was sure it was just another Lego set & just ignored it it turned out to be a unexpected game lol.

Legos are are real so it shouldn't be hard to imagine a Lego game with realistic graphics.

Sony probably using Legos as a chance to flex some Ray-Tracing muscle
Decima ray tracing update first game?

Out of all the possible franchises at Sony they just had to go with the blandest one.
Out of all the Sony stuff having robotdinosaurs as a Lego product makes the most sense! Many of the lego games don't work well imho because there is hardly truly legofiable stuff in it, beside the basic characters and designs. Those animals though are all cool af for a Lego sets. I have no idea if Transformers ever cooperated with Lego, but this is the closest to getting their Dinosaur Transformers.
Wonder if Telltale will work on it?
They always strike me as a bunch of "glad to be working" guys. Churning out the same licensed Lego slop year after year.
You sure you don't mix up TT games with Telltale... ;-) But yeah, TT Lego games are only marginally different since forever and are pure merchandising like products.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Horizon seems to be a franchise they use as posterboy. Like for Steam, Horizon was the first game, and the sequel is already out.

They probably chose Aloy and the franchise since it's a female lead, not super bloody violent like GOW or LOU.

midnightAI

Horizon seems to be a franchise they use as posterboy. Like for Steam, Horizon was the first game, and the sequel is already out.

They probably chose Aloy and the franchise since it's a female lead, not super bloody violent like GOW or LOU.
Nah, it's because of the robot dinosaurs and the potential for more Lego sets, but still, yeh, marketability

Last edited:

midnightAI

Make the environments out of Lego too, you cowards
I am hoping for this, but kind of if you left the Lego out in the open to get weathered. So yeh, Lego everything except for the rain, water, moss, dirt, some weeds/grass. But Lego ground, plants, trees, mountains, buildings, characters etc. kind of like a realistic amalgamation of the two

Last edited:

Holammer

Out of all the Sony stuff having robotdinosaurs as a Lego product makes the most sense! Many of the lego games don't work well imho because there is hardly truly legofiable stuff in it, beside the basic characters and designs. Those animals though are all cool af for a Lego sets. I have no idea if Transformers ever cooperated with Lego, but this is the closest to getting their Dinosaur Transformers.

You sure you don't mix up TT games with Telltale... ;-) But yeah, TT Lego games are only marginally different since forever and are pure merchandising like products.
Ah yes... Traveler's Tales. Close enough! :p

Top Bottom