• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO and PlayStation Are Working on a New Game Called 'LEGO Horizon Adventures'

Trunx81

Gold Member
The Lego sets will be amazing. I expect 650€ for a Thunderjaw with 2 mini figures and stickers. /s

Who asked for this, anyway?

horizon-lego-adventures.jpg
LEGO and PlayStation are developing a new game named ‘LEGO Horizon Adventures’.

Last week, trademark finder Kurakasis tweeted that Sony and Lego were soon to announce a collaboration of a well-known IP. At the time, Kurakasis revealed the game, but as what seems to be obligatory from insiders these days, I vaguely tweeted that the project was ‘on the horizon’.

Speaking with sources, it was said that the game is essentially “Horizon Forbidden West but Lego” and that the game will have “realistic graphics” – whatever that means for a LEGO game.

Insider Gaming
Aloy's face was perfect for a lego!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The Lego sets will be amazing. I expect 650€ for a Thunderjaw with 2 mini figures and stickers. /s

Who asked for this, anyway?
I would suggest looking into what high end Lego sets actually are. Barad Dur and Rivendell for example are 500 USD and offer a ton of printed pieces and 5+ minifigs

Trunx81

Gold Member
I would suggest looking into what high end Lego sets actually are. Barad Dur and Rivendell for example are 500 USD and offer a ton of printed pieces and 5+ minifigs
I would suggest looking into UCS Star Wars sets. You would be surprised. Lego nowadays is a shadow of its former self.

China Burn GIF

I'm genuinely curious, as I don't quite understand that: you're saying you think the fact that LEGO Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, etc. exists makes those franchises worse? They're worse off than if those games didn't exist? How exactly? I mean, you can still watch The Lord of the Rings movies and ignore the LEGO game, right? It doesn't retroactively make the movies worse...

I didn't say the existence of Lego games makes the non-lego stuff retroactively worse. I said that the Lego versions cheapen the franchise.

The same way that later shitty entries to the Spyro the Dragon series from Activision cheapened the franchise.

Horizon has a pretty serious tone, so a Lego game made specifically for kids is too happy-go-lucky and optimistic for a franchise rooted in a bleak post-apocalyptic setting.

It would be like a Barbie version of the Walking Dead. It just doesn't fit.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I would suggest looking into UCS Star Wars sets. You would be surprised. Lego nowadays is a shadow of its former self.
The UCS sets are designed around having heavily detailed vehicles that do not match the mini fig size. Why would they add them to Luke’s spreader? Or the super star destroyer? Millennium falcon, at at, etc - all are minifig size and offer a large amount of figures.

TheTurboFD

Ngl I’d buy a LEGO horizon game as and I’d be pumped if it was successful enough to move into a LEGO God of War set / Game

Horizon is the most grown in a lab to be the Sarkeesian crowd pleasing bland shit ever.

"what if STRONG female character who isn't very attractive and is a lesbian and she has a BOW!?"

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Sony going all in with Horizon while Astrobot gets treated like the ugly redheaded step child is beyond me.
Probably cause astro bot made $0 and Horizon made millions.

Since astro bot was included for free with ps5, it's probably a risker bet for Sony as they don't know how much it will sell.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's not a zero sum game.

Astro-bot has one entry in the series; an entry that while stupendous in its execution, was tethered to a niche piece of hardware which limited the potential market reach of the game. When Astro-bot gets a non-VR, full SP game, then Sony will market the shit out of it.... just like they're doing with Horizon.

All that said, I think Lego versions of any franchise just cheapen the franchises. I'm not a fan.

I would have preferred a Horizon TV show, movie or anime/cartoon.

You take that back! Lego makes everything better!

Why I oughta......

digdug2

I was sincerely hoping it would be Lego Bloodborne. I would love to watch everyone in the "this needs a remake camp" lose their collective shit.

xrnzaaas

I'm not a fan of more "realistic" approach when it comes to LEGO. I even loved how in the older LEGO games from TT the characters didn't have any English dubbing and just made noises in their own language. It often made the cutscenes super funny.

Dazraell

Out of so many Sony franchises, picking Horizon for LEGO game is equally bizarre idea as that rumored Horizon Zero Dawn remake

midnightAI

Out of so many Sony franchises, picking Horizon for LEGO game is equally bizarre idea as that rumored Horizon Zero Dawn remake
Really? Only Spider Man makes more sense in my opinion

Even then I'd argue Lego robot dinosaurs is more marketable

Last edited:

Dazraell

Really? Only Spider Man makes more sense in my opinion

Even then I'd argue Lego robot dinosaurs is more marketable
It might be just me, but I would take Lego versions of Ratchet and Clank, God of War (especially Greek one), Astro Bot, LittleBigPlanet or inFamous over Horizon

There were already plenty of Lego Marvel / Avengers games with Spider-Man. I don't think Sony even has rights to make Lego Spider-Man game. I think their rights to Spider-Man are tied only to movies and TV series and games happened only through exclusive deals they made with Disney

midnightAI

It might be just me, but I would take Lego versions of Ratchet and Clank, God of War (especially Greek one), Astro Bot, LittleBigPlanet or inFamous over Horizon

There were already plenty of Lego Marvel / Avengers games with Spider-Man. I don't think Sony even has rights to make Lego Spider-Man game. I think their rights to Spider-Man are tied only to movies and TV series and games happened only through exclusive deals they made with Disney

The problem with some of those is they just arent popular enough (sad to say it but that counts out LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet, Astrobot and even Infamous)
The other isnt marketable to kids (God of War)

You have to think of this as not just an opportunity for Sony (and Lego to some degree) to make a game, but also for Lego to sell their Lego sets (which also benefits PlayStation). Even without the Horizon name, Lego robot dinosaurs will be cool, kids would buy them even without knowing what Horizon is.

Dazraell

The problem with some of those is they just arent popular enough (sad to say it but that counts out LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet, Astrobot and even Infamous)
The other isnt marketable to kids (God of War)

You have to think of this as not just an opportunity for Sony (and Lego to some degree) to make a game, but also for Lego to sell their Lego sets (which also benefits PlayStation). Even without the Horizon name, Lego robot dinosaurs will be cool, kids would buy them even without knowing what Horizon is.
Yeah, I think there are already Horizon sets so you might be onto something. But either way, to me Horizon sounds very bland for the Lego game. That said, I may be also disappointed as I was hoping that next Lego game will be Lego Harry Potter game similar to Skywalker Saga

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Not a bad idea. I want a Horizons movie though. Maybe they could even use the in-game rendered models and put it 1:1 on the big screen. That franchise could be a transformers like megahit.

midnightAI

Yeah, I think there are already Horizon sets so you might be onto something. But either way, to me Horizon sounds very bland for the Lego game. That said, I may be also disappointed as I was hoping that next Lego game will be Lego Harry Potter game similar to Skywalker Saga
There is, I think they only made the Tallneck (officially, people have made others)

Hudo

It is actually quite impressive how Playstation and Hermen have managed to brute-force this IP to be popular.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I'm not a fan of more "realistic" approach when it comes to LEGO. I even loved how in the older LEGO games from TT the characters didn't have any English dubbing and just made noises in their own language. It often made the cutscenes super funny.
Lego can be realistic in-game. This is what they mean with realistic Lego games:

We might see a full lego game with these kinds of graphics or even better.

Last edited:

onQ123

It is actually quite impressive how Playstation and Hermen have managed to brute-force this IP to be popular.
You remind me of the old Xbox fans that made it a thing to act like Blu-ray was being forced on us with PS3 lol.

Will you like to explain how over 20 million people were forced to buy Horizon?

If no one wanted it they could have easily flooded the used market & killed off the sales of the game at retail.

Hudo

You remind me of the old Xbox fans that made it a thing to act like Blu-ray was being forced on us with PS3 lol.

Will you like to explain how over 20 million people were forced to buy Horizon?

If no one wanted it they could have easily flooded the used market & killed off the sales of the game at retail.
Didn't they bundle the game with the console at some point?

Btw: I actually always thought that BluRay was a neat idea. Nowadays, I think that physical games should come in cartridge/module form instead of a optical disk. But that's another discussion, I think.

Top Bottom