• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO and PlayStation Are Working on a New Game Called 'LEGO Horizon Adventures'

Bond007

I love me my Sony games- but the one i least enjoyed was Horizon.
Wish they woulda picked something else- stop jamming this series down my throat. lol

If it’s PSVR2 exclusive, so fucking help me….

But for reals though, I don’t know why Sony doesn’t lean in to the Astrobot character as their mascot IP. It’s right there. But all we set is home boy Aloy all over the place.

Making it PSVR2 exclusive would be a ridiculously dumb move by Sony.

midnightAI

But for reals though, I don’t know why Sony doesn’t lean in to the Astrobot character as their mascot IP. It’s right there. But all we set is home boy Aloy all over the place.
I agree with you there, but the rumours are it's a much bigger game, so hoping for something more like the freebie PS5 pack in game just much bigger in scope.

They do lean into it, it just doesn't (so far) sell nearly as well as Horizon. Ratchet has the same issue, sells nowhere near Spiderman.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
As someone who has platinumed both Horizon games..... I do not want any more Horizon, it needs a wrap up in a 3rd game and then needs to go away for a long time. It has had it's chance to shine and the first game was a LOT of fun, but the world needs a rest.

King Dazzar

So they will announce three games at the showcase
  • This LEGO game
  • The Horizon Zero Dawn remaster that was leaked a while back
  • The Horizon Multiplayer game that has been in development for more than 5 years at Guerrilla Games

Why does Sony loves this franchise so much?
I dont have a problem with it. As long as we get loads of other games too. I think GoT 2 will be the next big announcement...

Perrott

Because the ceiling of sales for the Horizon IP are tens of millions of units.

Meanwhile Sony's best platformers usually only do between 1/4 or 1/6 the sales of their truly big IPs.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Kind of a boring franchise to pick, but maybe it’ll work. Hope they ad a lot of humor to it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
There are probably more unannounced Lego collaborations, according to this press release I posted in an earlier thread:
This press release from 2022 seems relevant. The amounts invested would suggest this isn't the only collaboration in the making between Sony and Lego.

rRAoP.jpg

Last edited:

tmlDan

I would assume the LEGO sets they made for horizon did well so they picked this to make a LEGO game from.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
  • This LEGO game
  • The Horizon Multiplayer game that has been in development for more than 5 years at Guerrilla Games

the new co-ceo probably has something to do with that. lol

midnightAI

There are probably more unannounced Lego collaborations

I posted this in an earlier thread
Lego Spider Man makes total sense, as would Wolverine

If they could get the Deadpool IP that could make the best Lego game ever simply because it's a hilariously bad bad fit which means it would be the best fit

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
  • This LEGO game

For some inexplicable reason enough people bought this boring ass shite.

nial

It's already a mascot IP (even has its own mascot costume), but they're probably waiting until the next game is close to release to fully expand the idea. I mean, they use it a lot more than you probably remember.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
  • This LEGO game

Don't forget Neil Cuckman's LOU3 and LOU2: Remastered Turbo Power Edition

Last edited:

Shakka43

I like Horizon but Sony's obsession with the IP is kinda weird. Gerrilla Games has had a big pull in the company for a long time now, and with Hermen Hulst becoming the top guy I worry of him becoming a Phil-like cancer to the company where every bad decision ends up just as a reward for him while everything else goes to shit.

darthkarki

Who is telling Sony that Horizon is good?

Fucking blows my mind.
The 30 million plus people that bought the games.....

Basically word-for-word what I was going to reply :messenger_tears_of_joy: The only oddity here is the seemingly willful obtusity of people using words like "inexplicable" to describe why anyone would enjoy an original, inventive sci-fi story in a gorgeous open world with robot dinosaurs. If it's not your cup of tea, that's cool; you do you man, but... do you really need this spelled out? :messenger_grinning_sweat: That says more about you than anyone else. It's not some big mystery.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Basically word-for-word what I was going to reply :messenger_tears_of_joy: The only oddity here is the seemingly willful obtusity of people using words like "inexplicable" to describe why anyone would enjoy an original, inventive sci-fi story in a gorgeous open world with robot dinosaurs. If it's not your cup of tea, that's cool; you do you man, but... do you really need this spelled out? :messenger_grinning_sweat: That says more about you than anyone else. It's not some big mystery.
Laugh Lol GIF

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Who is telling Sony that Horizon is good?

Fucking blows my mind.

It's an established franchise that sells millions of copies.

Out of their major titles, it's probably the only one outside Spider-Man that will cater to a younger audience.

They have a TV show in the works.

Vick

It's honestly more of a mystery how GAF treats the franchise. Everywhere else the games are beloved, even on Steam.

Always read positive things even outside your usual gaming circles; I mean at least 1,000 people loved the games enough to spend $2,500 on Prime 1 Studio statues of the franchise..

Last edited:

darthkarki

It's honestly more of a mystery how GAF treats the franchise. Everywhere else the games are beloved, even on Steam.

Always read positive things even outside your usual gaming circles; I mean at least 1,000 people loved the games enough to spend $2,500 on Prime 1 Studio statues of the franchise..

Truly. Maybe if this is literally the only website you visit, I could see how you might get a different feel for the overall attitude towards the franchise. But even then, you pretty regularly come across the sales numbers - probably a dozen times in this thread alone - which should make a reasonable person realize "Oh, it's apparently appealing to a pretty large group of people." 🤷‍♂️

Probably Sony right now finding out Gaf doesn't like Horizon:

face crying GIF

Last edited:
Sony going all in with Horizon while Astrobot gets treated like the ugly redheaded step child is beyond me.

It's not a zero sum game.

Astro-bot has one entry in the series; an entry that while stupendous in its execution, was tethered to a niche piece of hardware which limited the potential market reach of the game. When Astro-bot gets a non-VR, full SP game, then Sony will market the shit out of it.... just like they're doing with Horizon.

All that said, I think Lego versions of any franchise just cheapen the franchises. I'm not a fan.

I would have preferred a Horizon TV show, movie or anime/cartoon.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You guys enjoy the game. I used to be all in on every Sony franchise but Horizon is wack.

I'm a lego nerd though so will give it a look

Last edited:

darthkarki

All that said, I think Lego versions of any franchise just cheapen the franchises. I'm not a fan.

China Burn GIF

I'm genuinely curious, as I don't quite understand that: you're saying you think the fact that LEGO Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, etc. exists makes those franchises worse? They're worse off than if those games didn't exist? How exactly? I mean, you can still watch The Lord of the Rings movies and ignore the LEGO game, right? It doesn't retroactively make the movies worse...

I would have preferred a Horizon TV show, movie or anime/cartoon.

Well you're in luck, as they are doing a TV show also! :messenger_beaming: I'm super excited for that as well.

Top Bottom