• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

5000.jpg

Wooo, 5000 votes, Halfway...only took a year :(

Any ideas for getting more exposure\votes?

I was thinking maybe sending one of them to a youtube lego review channel like The Brick Show to review, what do you guys think?
Yeah, I'd like to know of any good ways to pimp out my Cuusoo project and get more exposure too. I think I'm averaging less than a vote per day :(

Congrats on getting halfway there! I just popped over to the Cuusoo site and voted for you. Your Tumbler is advertised prominently on the home page! That should get you more exposure.

Fowler

5000.jpg

I was thinking maybe sending one of them to a youtube lego review channel like The Brick Show to review, what do you guys think?

Look on the bright side, by the time you get to 10,000, and by the time the Lego review goes through the whole process, there won't be a business conflict because the existing (and god-awful) Tumbler will be OOP :p

5000.jpg

Do whatever you can to get more exposure because your work is amazing. Definitely send it to The Brick Show.

Congrats on 5000 votes.

wetwired

Look on the bright side, by the time you get to 10,000, and by the time the Lego review goes through the whole process, there won't be a business conflict because the existing (and god-awful) Tumbler will be OOP :p

hmmm that's a good point, I wouldn't want to have it pass too soon that they might potentially deem it as a competing product to the camo tumbler\the bat set

hmmm that's a good point, I wouldn't want to have it pass too soon that they might potentially deem it as a competing product to the camo tumblerthe bat set

Your design is fantastic-no question. That having been said though, in light of the last wave of announcements do we think it is feasible that they would consider it?

I think Ghostmind is right...I am beginning to question the purpose of the site.

big news ladies and gentlemen.
I have a new job in Munich from February so I have to move from one end of Germany to the other and organise loads of Stuff within one month, therefore no new lego, and nothing else till then, loads of stuff to do :)

R-User!

I have a new job in Munich from February so I have to move from one end of Germany to the other and organise loads of Stuff within one month, therefore no new lego, and nothing else till then, loads of stuff to do :)

Congratulations!! LEGO will still be waiting for you when you're ready! :)

nny

Best of luck for the new job/city!

ghostmind

Congrats on the new job!

Now the all important question: will you be close to a LEGO store?

Congrats on the new job.
I have been trying to get a new one for the last two years but to no avail. Been bombing all my interviews, and been six months since I last had one.

suaveric

5000.jpg

A little off topic, but you ever consider making a larger model? Something closer in size to the UCS Batmobile from a few years ago?

Three weeks after moving into my new house and my Lego hobby has not recovered yet. I still have so much to do before I can just relax.

I did find a nice home for my modulars though. I set them over here but have not added figures yet. I even have room to grow with several more buildings! Everyone that has seen my house beelines for them. It's pretty amazing how no one really knows anything about the modular line. This room is still very much a work in progress, but you get the idea.

IMG_4281_zps00ce1b8f.jpg

IMG_4280_zps436a05ca.jpg

IMG_4279_zps95158e0e.jpg

IMG_4261_zps5d8dc4d6.jpg

943D1C9C-5F94-4098-9BFE-B0CC7C665109-10600-000010CF3BAB9396.jpg

I have plans for possibly buying parts to theme the modulars for specific holidays. My wife loves the idea, so we'll see what I can hopefully come up with!

Congrats on the new job! We'll try not to rub in our purchases too much. ;)

Nitemare1

I know it's probably counter productive from a business standpoint but I'd really love to see the licensed minifigs in individual packs or even boxed sets . I spent more on LOTR than I really wanted to getting the entire fellowship. I really can't see myself doing it again just to get all the dwarves.
Wouldn't it be cool to be able to buy a box with just Vader, the emperor and a random assortment of Storm Troopers. Or one for the good guys. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Obiwan and the droids.
The fellowship or the dwarves. I wouldn't mind buying those at a premium.

neonglow

I know it's probably counter productive from a business standpoint but I'd really love to see the licensed minifigs in individual packs or even boxed sets . I spent more on LOTR than I really wanted to getting the entire fellowship. I really can't see myself doing it again just to get all the dwarves.
Wouldn't it be cool to be able to buy a box with just Vader, the emperor and a random assortment of Storm Troopers. Or one for the good guys. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Obiwan and the droids.
The fellowship or the dwarves. I wouldn't mind buying those at a premium.

Lego is unable to sell the Star Wars figures by themselves even if they wanted to. Hasbro owns the action figure license for Star Wars. Lego got in trouble for selling the magnet sets with detachable figures. That's why all magnet figures are glued together now.

Nitemare1

Lego is unable to sell the Star Wars figures by themselves even if they wanted to. Hasbro owns the action figure license for Star Wars. Lego got in trouble for selling the magnet sets with detachable figures. That's why all magnet figures are glued together now.

Ha I had no idea. Well thats a bummer. Seems a little nit picky on Hasbro's part since they are really different products but it makes sense.

enewtabie

Picked up a bunch of stuff today at the Durham TRU. I received the Galaxy Squad stuff from my neighbors last night. Even the wife liked the Galaxy Sqd Stuff.

5A7FE71B-8123-4FD2-8420-C07B1AEAA801-3879-000003A30FBEA523.jpg

wetwired

Your design is fantastic-no question. That having been said though, in light of the last wave of announcements do we think it is feasible that they would consider it?

I think Ghostmind is right...I am beginning to question the purpose of the site.
It's hard to say, ideally if it got through I'd like to see it as a single set with both the camo and black versions. Though I think my best chance would be for it to be just the black one as A) it's a smaller set and less risk to lego to produce and sell and B) its not directly competing with the bane Tumbler and the bat set.

The ucs sand crawler is the closest comparison to mine that has reached 10000. A set that is for a licence lego already has. But I don't like the chances of it getting through due to its massive size.

Mmm Bavarian beer. I loved Munich when I visited a few years back.

A little off topic, but you ever consider making a larger model? Something closer in size to the UCS Batmobile from a few years ago?

Not really. I prefer building in minifig scale and to be honest with the shitty lighting in my house working with black is a pain in the arse.

I guess most of you have complete sets already but I have gotten a few duplicates in Series 5 and 7. Let me know if anyone is looking to trade.

Have
---------
Series 5 - Graduate
Series 5 - Lumberjack
Series 5 - Boxer
Series 5 - Detective

Series 7 - Galaxy Patrol
Series 7 - Rocker Girl

Want
---------
Series 5 - Royal Guard
Series 5 - Ice Fisherman
Series 5 - Egyptian Queen
Series 5 - Gangster
Series 5 - Snowboarder

Series 7 - Bunny Suit Guy
Series 7 - Bride
Series 7 - Bagpiper
Series 7 - Hippie

Viel Glück!, München ist aber toll, I love Germany, in fact I love so much that I married a German girl, we visit München every couple of years to visit my wife's relatives, German is spoken a lot at my place since my kid is perfectly bilingual and he switches to German the second he starts speaking to his mom.
Anyway back to LEGO, I went to a couple of shops today here in Montreal looking for series 9, no luck so far.

Hit the other Lego Store (the one nearby) at Potomac Mills, they had a bigger selection of sets, but still no Arkham Asylum or Series 9 mini figs.

Store help told me Arkham was expected in store 1/1, but there was a shot it would be in 12/27...

Not that i will be camping out or anything.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Whatsinaname, I'll buy them off you at a high price!

Maybe a bit obsessive, but I marked the dotcodes on the S9 Minifigs I got for your pleasure:

uf3Uv.jpg

iPk4t.jpg

0qC9X.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Bought the Minecraft Micro World for a friend for xmas and got Minecraft Micro World from a different friend for xmas.

Profit!

R-User!

I've been so damn busy today... major prechristmas housecleaning: vaccuming entertainment center, shredding papers, wrapping gifts, dishes, laundry, cooking, throwing a screen protector on the GamePad!... Whew!!!

I'm gonna unwind soon: glass of wine while building the Country Retreat version of the Log Cabin set... and imagine that I'm in a warm cabin somewhere... ;)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I took apart my UCS falcon tonight. 4 hours, and my hand has never been in more pain...

The separator does not separate all things...

Top Bottom