• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

woodypop

02905686-AAC4-4BEF-83EC-C7318BC91A0E-1371-000000938F600002.jpg

Got a couple of Batman sets today at 50% off. Not terribly keen on the Batcave or Batwing, but couldn't pass them up at half price!

Nitemare1

Trying to size up the Pirate ship ambush. Comes with 9 figs but can't really tell if its QAR or The Black Pearl size from the pic or not. It will be mine though!

Just got this set for X-mas:

8186414597_9ecf9c9f53_c.jpg

I'm usually not a fan of "tree sets" (i.e. the Monster Fighters Werewolf set), but this one is really nice. The Wargs and Dwarves especially so. They must have begun work on this set before finalizing who exactly would be Thorin's menace in this scene, because Yazneg sadly makes no appearance in the movie.

woodypop

^ Agreed, that tree is MUCH better than the Monster Fighters Werewolf one. Even though the Werewolf tree is more swamplike, I still think it's lame.

I need higher Rez pics of the castle and pirate ship like yesterday.

Urgh. At least I am almost caught up in past sets so I can focus on 2013 onwards.

Ponn

Banned
My friend got me a couple small sets for Christmas.

Hobbit Riddles for the Ring and The Mummy Monster fighters. I'm surprised by how well the Mummy set glows in the dark even without a black light. I'm a little upset though because I resigned myself not start in on the monster fighters and just let them go but now I have a set and...I think you all know how I feel now.

My friend got me a couple small sets for Christmas.

Hobbit Riddles for the Ring and The Mummy Monster fighters. I'm surprised by how well the Mummy set glows in the dark even without a black light. I'm a little upset though because I resigned myself not start in on the monster fighters and just let them go but now I have a set and...I think you all know how I feel now.
If you can get The Zombies, get it. It is hard to find already. Werewolf set is decent, but the figures are awesome. Vampyre Castle and Haunted House are tip top sets though.

Kalamoj

Duplo stuff is ace. I bought this for my Disney-mad 3 year old step-daughter:

She absolutely loves it. All the fun of a dolls house but with a challenging build to do as well. "Can you help me daddy?" If you insist!
The 2013 sets emphasize more on the 'dollhouse' feeling, she will love them. They look adorable even to me. :D
Anyway, it's always nice to hear children loving our stuff. :)

Ponn

Banned
If you can get The Zombies, get it. It is hard to find already. Werewolf set is decent, but the figures are awesome. Vampyre Castle and Haunted House are tip top sets though.

I wouldn't be able to get all the sets. I was going to go with a central big set, Haunted House if I can swing it, Vampyre Castle as second option. The rest are going to be mainly for minifigs and what sets would look good connected or around the main set.

I really, REALLY like that Batman Arkham set though.

I wouldn't be able to get all the sets. I was going to go with a central big set, Haunted House if I can swing it, Vampyre Castle as second option. The rest are going to be mainly for minifigs and what sets would look good connected or around the main set.

I'm really hoping I can find it at Toys R Us tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Haunted House is sublime. And comes with most of the monster figures needed except the werewolf and manbats. Manbats are easily gotten with series 8 figures.

I'm really hoping I can find it at Toys R Us tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

LEGO store exclusive. At least for awhile.

Ponn

Banned
Haunted House is sublime. And comes with most of the monster figures needed except the werewolf and manbats. Manbats are easily gotten with series 8 figures.

It's like you are reading my mind. I wanted to get the Swamp Creature set just because its cheap and I wanted to make like a wading pool in the backyard of the HH to put him in.

Well, one depressing thing from the leak, no Isengard :( These Lord of the Ring/Hobbit sets have been so perplexing. The Pirate ship, while it looks good, still begs the question "Why?" Out of all the scenes, the Pirate Ship??

ghostmind

Oh wow, looks like most of the summer line got revealed, including a few surprises that hadn't even been rumored yet.

So we get Max Rebo and Slave Leia on the Jabba's Sail Barge.

The Republic Gunship looks huge (over 1000 pcs i bet) and has EP2 minifigs!

I feel I should add the Hearse to this list. Very unique, solid build. It's easily my favorite vehicle set I've ever bought.

Monster Fighters is an amazing series all around - definitely in Lego's top tier.

What?! Noooo... The nearest one is like two hours awaaaay... ;_;

Thankfully the website ships. :) But no free shipping now as far as I can tell. :(

I am thinking of waiting until after the new year to make my hour and a half trek to the closest Lego store. I know at this point the shelves will be mostly bare, and with the new sets hitting tomorrow they will get cleaned out quickly. By second week of Jan they should be restocked well enough, and less crowded to boot.

I will also actually have money then as well.

EDIT: Grrr. There has been no update to the tracking info on my SSD since Monday morning. Amazon lists it as "in transit" with a delivery date of Friday.
FedEx lists it has "information received" and delivery for Thursday. Grrr. Want updates, and would love to get it tomorrow since I am off work and go in late Friday. Would give me lots of time to build.

R-User!

Thankfully the website ships. :) But no free shipping now as far as I can tell. :(

I am thinking of waiting until after the new year to make my hour and a half trek to the closest Lego store. I know at this point the shelves will be mostly bare, and with the new sets hitting tomorrow they will get cleaned out quickly. By second week of Jan they should be restocked well enough, and less crowded to boot.

I will also actually have money then as well.

EDIT: Grrr. There has been no update to the tracking info on my SSD since Monday morning. Amazon lists it as "in transit" with a delivery date of Friday.
FedEx lists it has "information received" and delivery for Thursday. Grrr. Want updates, and would love to get it tomorrow since I am off work and go in late Friday. Would give me lots of time to build.

I know how to get you free shipping so long as the item you want is an item that your LEGO store carries but is out of stock when your in the store looking to buy it...

Rootbeer

Banned
Looking @ new leaked sets...

WTF LEGO!!! This is an all-out assault on my wallet, you honestly wish for me to starve, don't you? I have never felt such hostility coming my way from a toy company before. :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'd like a closer look at those Castle sets - want to see the minifigures~

Council of Elrond only has 4 minifigures, but I guess if the set has enough seating places you're supposed to add minifigures to it.

That looks like the Mouth of Sauron in that Black Gate set :)

TripOpt55

I finished the Medieval Market Village earlier. I am going to take some pictures of it and my current Kingdom this weekend and post them here.

Fantomex

Dat castle.

Dose houses!

Dat Corsair ship!

My wallet!!!!

That gunship is getting a paint job if i get it!

Guys I need some input. I need to make a custom Elvis Hawaii figure for someone and was hoping you guys could give me ideas of where to get minifig pieces from?

Torso- Daredevil from Series 7
Hair - Monster Fighters Swamp Guy
Face- ????
Guitar-????

Any ideas?

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow!!! Good thing i waited on getting Desert Skiff with the new Sail Barge announced now...

Does anyone know yet whether it will feature Boba and Lando?
Pretty sure these two sets are meant to compliment one-another similar to Jabba's Palace + Rancor set.

Minifigs included: Jabba, Luke, R2, Leia, Max Rebo (the blue guy!) and one unidentified figure (source: brickpedia). Some speculation that the unknown figure is Shahan Alama, or possibly a stand-in on the temp box as the figure may not be done yet.

You should get the skiff if you can find it discounted. The boba figure is easily the best version ever. Currently listed for $19.99 on amazon

I'm torn on this set because the Jabba figure is sure to bump up the price yet I already have one from the new Palace set...

Rootbeer

Banned
Is there a good design for making a better tree on top of Bag End? Maybe some way of integrating the warg tree pieces?

Personally I'm tempted to just buy 2 bag ends to build a larger hobbit hole + expand the tree (course it's cheaper to pick-a-brick or bricklink a lot of that stuff). But there are sooo many LEGO sets with trees it's easy to make it larger if you have some of those sets.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Built the Fire Brigade yesterday. Looks really nice. Don't think I'm going to go modular crazy as this set does stand well on its own.

Obligatory "dat second floor" comment.

Pretty sure these two sets are meant to compliment one-another similar to Jabba's Palace + Rancor set.

Minifigs included: Jabba, Luke, R2, Leia, Max Rebo (the blue guy!) and one unidentified figure (source: brickpedia). Some speculation that the unknown figure is Shahan Alama, or possibly a stand-in on the temp box as the figure may not be done yet.

You should get the skiff if you can find it discounted. The boba figure is easily the best version ever. Currently listed for $19.99 on amazon

I'm torn on this set because the Jabba figure is sure to bump up the price yet I already have one from the new Palace set...

That Boba or the whole set? The set's going for 40 dollars at least on EU amazon

I hate that "complimenting trend" but it makes sense business wise of course... the OLD Sail barge DID feature Lando+Boba AND the small barge all in one set!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I said ages ago it should be a cinema or theatre so I'm glad we're getting one. Would also be nice with a police station to accompany the fire brigade.

Top Bottom