• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I like it. Some of the most fun Mocs are the ones where there was no plan to it. Just sit down and build, build, build.
And I spy Blacktron parts there. :)

What's that? Must be some uber old set then ;) as a kid i wasn't even into Lego that much strangely so i just fooled around with the sets i got... it must be some kinda space set or something since i did find an old Spacemarine looking guy with a jetpack or something in my ancient collection.

Hoping someone here who has built a SSD can help me out here. What is the width of the model at its widest point near the back?

I'd planned to put mine up on a to-be-installed shelf but the thought occurs to me that the shelf might not actually be wide enough to actually hold the SSD.

Tedesco!

z_10232_palace_cinema_buy.jpg

Welp, looks like I am buying my first modular. I can not resist it. It will be mine...

....Sooooo I am getting rid of a bunch of my minifigures. I thought I would post it them here before I went to eBay and Craigslist. I have figures from series 3, 5, 6, 7, & 8, plus an additional complete set of series 8. I also have Marvel and DC minifigs, as well as older Star Wars minifigs including Jabba, Jango, young Bobafett, and Greedo.

Welp, looks like I am buying my first modular. I can not resist it. It will be mine...

....Sooooo I am getting rid of a bunch of my minifigures. I thought I would post it them here before I went to eBay and Craigslist. I have figures from series 3, 5, 6, 7, & 8, plus an additional complete set of series 8. I also have Marvel and DC minifigs, as well as older Star Wars minifigs including Jabba, Jango, young Bobafett, and Greedo.
What are you wanting for series 3 and 5 stuff?

Fantomex

I'm interested if you have a Hulk figure!

Leunam

Will going through Bricklink get me a similar price for the out of print modulars or will it be considerably more expensive? If so, what are the more expensive components? The Minifigs?

Cinema will make for an awesome centerpiece to any movie collection. And just imagine how many movie characters you can put in it and still make sense.

ghostmind

At work now. Horizon Express and Arkham Asylum being sold in store now.

The fact that I know that, and that I am nowhere near any LEGO store at this moment to be able to pick them up, is alleviated by the drink in my hand and the sounds of the surf ahead of me...

After building the orange ships from Galaxy Squad, I've determined Horizon Express is a mandatory purchase, despite the risk of setting off a train collectathon.

Cinema will make for an awesome centerpiece to any movie collection. And just imagine how many movie characters you can put in it and still make sense.

That is... a GREAT idea! I will put Indiana Jones, Batman and Luke Skywalker etc. as the audience, watching the screen :))) can't wait!!

edit: Is there actual Popcorn as a Lego piece? If so i'd give some of them that to go with it, and maybe a mug/cup too!

Tedesco!

I plan on printing out some little Star Wars posters for the outside. Then I'll line up a bunch of SW minifigs to make it look like a bunch of fans lining up to see Star Wars...

I plan on printing out some little Star Wars posters for the outside. Then I'll line up a bunch of SW minifigs to make it look like a bunch of fans lining up to see Star Wars...

fantastic... stop making me want this set even more than i already do now :p

Ok, back to business now though: I need opinions on Jabba's Palace, yay or nay and why/why not? Found it for about 110 bucks... or wait for the 2013 Sail Barge instead? (say you could get only one)

Tedesco!

fantastic... stop making me want this set even more than i already do now :p

Ok, back to business now though: I need opinions on Jabba's Palace, yay or nay and why/why not? Found it for about 110 bucks... or wait for the 2013 Sail Barge instead? (say you could get only one)

I would get the barge and the skiff. It'll be less expensive than the palace and the Rancor pit.

I would get the barge and the skiff. It'll be less expensive than the palace and the Rancor pit.

If the only intention is to get Jabba and Boba Fett. But the Rancor Pit comes with the Rancor.
Sadly, that and the palace are both extremely overpriced compared to the number of bricks.

EDIT: Looking at the Cinema pics again, I thought of some ways things might not be stickers.
The front of the marquee can either be stickers or printed. It is obviously two 2x4 tiles (you can see the space in the middle). They might be printed, but might not.

Now the posters on the side, I have a theory: the posters are simply pieces of paper or cardboard that you slide into a slot to display. That way you can swap them out or print out your own. There are plenty of brick combinations to allow something like that to happen. The poster holders could snap off the front of the building, or they could be from inside and simply stick out to complete the wall.

Tedesco!

If the only intention is to get Jabba and Boba Fett. But the Rancor Pit comes with the Rancor.
Sadly, that and the palace are both extremely overpriced compared to the number of bricks.

I agree. Perhaps I might bite on the Palace/Pit if there is a terrific sale. I can't see myself paying full price for both sets. To be honest, I rarely buy sets anymore, though that will change when the Cinema set gets released.

I don't really care about the Rancor Pit though, just the palace as it looks pretty good for display, and also comes with a bunch of figures that kinda interest me like Leia in disguise, the Gamorrean guard, Carbonised Han, Oola etc. while the upcoming Barge features mainly Luke (which i will get from Desert Skiff already) and Jabba which would also be in the Palace hmm... but i am undecided since nobody really knows just how good or bad the barge will look in the end.

edit: i just noticed that you can connect the pit+palace but eh i think the palace looks better by itself.

I don't really care about the Rancor Pit though, just the palace as it looks pretty good for display, and also comes with a bunch of figures that kinda interest me like Leia in disguise, the Gamorrean guard, Carbonised Han, Oola etc. while the upcoming Barge features mainly Luke (which i will get from Desert Skiff already) and Jabba which would also be in the Palace hmm... but i am undecided since nobody really knows just how good or bad the barge will look in the end.

I say wait until final images of the barge release. Only way to really be sure. I am on the fence as well. The palace looks alright, but combined with the pit it looks awesome. And those mini figs! But that price!?

I say wait until final images of the barge release. Only way to really be sure. I am on the fence as well. The palace looks alright, but combined with the pit it looks awesome. And those mini figs! But that price!?

Alright i might just do that... The Palace won't go OOP THAT soon since it is a 2012 set right?

About combining the 2 though hmm, i think it looks awkward if you have that guard tower attached to it on the side... and if you don't attach that it's kinda incomplete and looks like a 2 story cube, maybe that's just me though.

About when should we be expecting more details/pics of the new barge anyway?

I...think I'm buying that Modular set...darnit!

Anyways my brother bought me one of the Galaxy Squad sets for Christmas, might put that together soon. Also intend to use my 25 dollar gift card at Target for some Lego but they're kinda cleaned out right now...maybe a few of the Friends sets perhaps?

Finally finished with my latest LEGO project:

My friend is having a big Birthday/Late Christmas//Early New Years party and I decided to do a little White Elephant thing. I decided to make little holiday boxes for them and give away Minifigs randomly. Best of all I was able to get rid of every duplicate figure I had! :D

I went to a LEGO store earlier today to get the hinges for the doors and the green pieces. I just need to get some ribbon or something to tie them until their ready to open.

Hi. I'm darknessbear. I'm addicted to Lego's.

Just recently started buying more and more (mainly LOTR ones), here's what I got so far.
Kfnez.jpg

It's gettin bad! Help.

Hi. I'm darknessbear. I'm addicted to Lego's.

Just recently started buying more and more (mainly LOTR ones), here's what I got so far.

It's gettin bad! Help.

There's something about buying a theme in bulk that is extremely satisfying. I did a bulk purchase with all the Batman, Monster Fighter, and Alien Defense Force sets. My wife bought all the Harry Potter sets and did a marathon build over a week putting them all together. Who knows, I may end up doing that with LotR/Hobbit sets still. It only takes one great sale and a moment of weakness!

woodypop

I must go to the Lego Store tomorrow!
There was SO much foot traffic at the LEGO Store (and mall) I was afraid they might be sold out. But there were 3 more on the shelf (and who knows how many in back), and no one else buying them that I saw. The fools!

You immediately became my most hated member on GAF. :)
Heh, you're probably gonna get your own before I get a chance to build mine. Too much backlog. ;_;

VIP points and a Xmas gift card helped ease the pain of the $160 pricetag. Was tempted to get the Museum Robbery, too, but exercised some restraint. lol

kms_md

this will be my first modular as well.

There was SO much foot traffic at the LEGO Store (and mall) I was afraid they might be sold out. But there were 3 more on the shelf (and who knows how many in back), and no one else buying them that I saw. The fools!

Heh, you're probably gonna get your own before I get a chance to build mine. Too much backlog. ;_;

VIP points and a Xmas gift card helped ease the pain of the $160 pricetag. Was tempted to get the Museum Robbery, too, but exercised some restraint. lol
My brain says I should get the VW van next, but my heart is calling to Arkham.

wetwired

New Lego Modular Set revealed!!!

Palace Cinema

Already bought before I saw it, I'm already on this train and unless they release an absolute turd of a set I'm staying on it. I love the colours though, it will be interesting to see it next to the other modulars as it's very different in terms of architecture to the others. And those posters better not be fucking stickers

Already bought before I saw it, I'm already on this train and unless they release an absolute turd of a set I'm staying on it. I love the colours though, it will be interesting to see it next to the other modulars as it's very different in terms of architecture to the others. And those posters better not be fucking stickers
My feelings exactly. It would have to be something truly horrible for me not to buy it.

Also, is it me or is the base of the tower on the theater one of those extra wide archway pieces put in upside down? Certainly looks that way. Also can't wait to see how the roof as a whole goes together.
And if you look at the ride side of the building, it is different than the left. Perhaps the box office is outside on the right, and posters on the left?

Fantomex

The Lego stores in So Cal are carrying all the new Batman sets, The new Marvel sets and all the new Hobbit sets. Picked up the daily bugle for our son today. He was excited! Looks like a very cool set now which on the packaging looked very boring honestly. The Nova and Dr Doom mini figures are really nice looking and one of a kind. Especially Novas helmet and Dooms cowl. The building is cool but nothing extraordinary. We haven't built the vehicle yet.

Top Bottom