• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

noobie

Banned
^^ hmm wonder if that's true.

Don't really like the name, but that's a side thing.

A 300€ price tag for vanilla headset ensures a niche status for VR.

Edit. Also weird release date. Sony is quoting lack of software as the reason for the first half of 2016 release window, I have a hard time believing that a 2 month delay is worth missing the holiday season.

With this price tag I think don't realize it's not going to compete for the gifts list. So instead of giving it a bad publicity and rejection from general consumer I think Sony wants to have a quieter release window where it can highlight and capture a hardcore group who can accept it and then when next holiday season comes they can target general consumers with better deals and better word of mouth.

Just an hypothesis.

Z3M0G

Leak a Sony belgian web site (found a gamekult.com thread and Jeuxvideo.com)

http://www.gamekult.com/forum/topic...rix-date-de-sortie-nom-definitif-860524n.html

1441505778-wtf.jpg

1441505861-wtf4.jpg

1441505874-wtf5.jpg

Definitive name : RealEyes
Price : 299€ / 329$
Pre-Order
29 January 2016

Not new thread worthy?

Hyper Void looks cool. As does Futuridium.

Update: Rumored title "The Gallery Six Elements" confirmed for P. Morpheus

Cool, looks interesting.

Yeah same for me. I prefer Morpheus compared to real eyes if this is true.

Yeah I love the Morpheus name as well. I think I'd be in $299 too. I'm curious what the real price ends up as. Also, Eve Valkyrie and Summer Lesson hopefully as soon as possible for two things completely different.

kyser73

So despite Sony saying in their financial reports that Morpheus is a CY Q2/Q3 2016 launch, a single page on a local Sony.com website saying its 29/01 is suddenly more true than that?

Not only that, but that it also then gets some insta-analysis on prcing, timing etc?

There's some gun-jumping going on here...sheesh...

Leak a Sony belgian web site (found a gamekult.com thread and Jeuxvideo.com)

http://www.gamekult.com/forum/topic...rix-date-de-sortie-nom-definitif-860524n.html

1441505778-wtf.jpg

1441505861-wtf4.jpg

1441505874-wtf5.jpg

Definitive name : RealEyes
Price : 299€ / 329$
Pre-Order
29 January 2016

Yeah I'm pretty sure that just a place holder pice and date.

And this is fake.

Yes, my list is nothing but confirmed or planned titles. I've had the 3 you mentioned up there for a while now, lol.
I know, I'm talking specifically about titles confirmed to be available at launch - day one. As opposed to Morpheus games that we don't have any time frame for.

DirtyLarry

I had NO IDEA until I read this thread they are reviving Battlezone for VR.
That was easily one of my favorite Arcade Cabinets back in the day, and I would be cool if they just kept the Wireframe look of the original but made it VR. That is fantastic news!!

I am building a new Gaming PC for one of the other VR solutions out there, primarily Vive or Oculus, but I will also pick up Morpheus since I also own a PS4. So thank you for this list. It makes me much more excited for Morpheus no doubt.

Also I see Until Dawn is rumored to get Morpheus support?
Having played through and beaten it, I just do not see it happening. It had some frame rate issues as it is. I supposed they could always lower the resolution to make it playable on VR though.

I know, I'm talking specifically about titles confirmed to be available at launch - day one. As opposed to Morpheus games that we don't have any time frame for.

Well my guess is almost all this games are already confirmed for launch, developers are just waiting for a release date for Morpheus, they can't really say that their game will be at launch because they don't know when it will release, but they do know when HTC Vive will and assuming they have that version ready, who is to guess they won't be ready for Oculus and Morpheus launch next year. Hope that answer your question.

Bradach

Realeyes is a terrible name. €300 is what I expect though.

If Eve is out day one I'll buy one straight away. Probably get the diving game too, I think my wife would actually enjoy that game (which would be a first for her when it comes to gaming).

Pif

Banned
That list looks...okay.

For me the morpheus VR just didn't clik yet with an ultimate killer app.

A heavy rain type of game in VR would probably be it.

eFKac

The Deep and several more Sony-produced demos will most likely be free for everyone.

I hope we'll get a Sony demo compilation for Morpheus.

I think they had something like that for 3D games, not sure about Move games.

Many great looking demos, would be a shame to never get to try them out.

paulogy

This is a larger list than I expected, but it's precisely what they seem to be waiting for to make the launch more compelling. As many have said the "tech" is basically done.

I think it would be wise for anyone making a Morpheus game to have a free demo / time trial option. Namely plan to make available a 2-5 minute slice that people can play for free. In some ways I hope they are all required to do this.

With any new technology, or new big purchase, you want people to be able to experience as many new things as possible -- to dabble, to figure out what they like best -- to ensure satisfied customers (and hopefully avoid returns or negative reviews that way, too).

Cynn

I had NO IDEA until I read this thread they are reviving Battlezone for VR.
That was easily one of my favorite Arcade Cabinets back in the day, and I would be cool if they just kept the Wireframe look of the original but made it VR. That is fantastic news!!

I am building a new Gaming PC for one of the other VR solutions out there, primarily Vive or Oculus, but I will also pick up Morpheus since I also own a PS4. So thank you for this list. It makes me much more excited for Morpheus no doubt.

Also I see Until Dawn is rumored to get Morpheus support?
Having played through and beaten it, I just do not see it happening. It had some frame rate issues as it is. I supposed they could always lower the resolution to make it playable on VR though.
There's a pretty good Battlezone remake on Xbox 360. Might pass the time until VR glory.

What mod can I contact to change the thread title to "Let's Talk about PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles" ?

Already changed the OP to fit the official name.

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, sorry if it has, but it was news to me.

The PSVR will support two separate images, one for the headset and one for the TV, not just sending the undistorted headset image to the TV. This enables some asymmetric multiplayer games like the monster and bomb disposal games mentioned in the Shu interview: link

I'm not sure how they do this or what the processing overhead is.

Dazza

That asymmetric multiplayer could allow for some interesting things. Say an Evolve sort of game locally. A D&D sort of game where the person on the TV is the dungeon master and the VR wearer is the adventurer could even be a Tecmo Deception inspired one. How about a super spy game and your operations/handler/Intel/Comms? Even something as simple as hide and seek could be awesome

It's great because one of the main criticisms of VR is that is a solitary non party sort of experience. This can pretty much turn that idea on its ear

All in for 249.99 for the display unit only, 300.00 for display and camera. 350 for display, camera, revised move controller with micro USB. Do it.

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, sorry if it has, but it was news to me.

The PSVR will support two separate images, one for the headset and one for the TV, not just sending the undistorted headset image to the TV. This enables some asymmetric multiplayer games like the monster and bomb disposal games mentioned in the Shu interview: link

I'm not sure how they do this or what the processing overhead is.

The PSVR will come with a separate "box" that handles the signal splitting and some of the processing as well.

gdc-sony-project-morpheus-vr-headset-for-ps4-hands_w3nz.jpg

The PSVR will come with a separate "box" that handles the signal splitting and some of the processing as well.

Yeah, but previously I'd understood that the breakout box took HDMI and USB from the PS4, did its interpolation stuff and sent a feed to the headset, then did some barrel-distortion compensation and sent the same image to the TV.

What I don't get is how they get two feeds from the PS4 to the breakout box.

That asymmetric multiplayer could allow for some interesting things. Say an Evolve sort of game locally. A D&D sort of game where the person on the TV is the dungeon master and the VR wearer is the adventurer could even be a Tecmo Deception inspired one. How about a super spy game and your operations/handler/Intel/Comms? Even something as simple as hide and seek could be awesome

It's great because one of the main criticisms of VR is that is a solitary non party sort of experience. This can pretty much turn that idea on its ear
You're exactly right. Sony is trying to make VR a social experience. Already we know about at least two VR/non VR multiplayer games, Playroom VR and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

But to [Sony London head Dave] Ranyard, however, the biggest challenge for Sony is to make virtual reality a social experience – not just in terms of connected virtual worlds, but in terms of engaging other people in the same room as the Morpheus user. As Google found with its Glass AR prototype, people are quick to mock the users of AR and VR technology, and partially this is about exclusion – they don’t feel part of what that person is experiencing. That sort of social alienation needs to be defeated if these headsets are to become mass consumer items.

“There’s this kind of sci-fi view of VR being about isolation, but we want to turn that on its head,” says Ranyard. “We’ve made a lot of local multiplayer games – SingStar, EyeToy, etc – and we’re actively using some of the things we’ve learned from them.”

One method is simply to share what the Morpheus user is seeing. Ranyard claims that, while Morpheus was in the early stages of development, his studio petitioned for a feature that would show on the TV whatever the Morpheus player can see, so that everyone in the room can participate, if only as cheerleaders.

But there are also plans for more inclusive experiences, including asymmetrical multiplayer games, involving one player on the Morpheus and another interacting via a DualShock controller and the TV screen, or a companion app on smartphone/tablet. “For example, we have a version of The Deep where someone has a radar view on their screen and they can speak to the diver,” says Ranyard. “We did another prototype where we put [SCE president] Shuhei Yoshida in a haunted house and you could control the scares on a tablet. We’re even looking at turn-based experiences. We just want to get other people involved, even if you only have one headset.”

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rpheus-sony-virtual-reality-social-experience

eso76

Great job on the OP, missed it when it was originally posted.
Will check all those trailers when I have time

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The asymmetric gameplay is great news. The few Wii U games that take advantage of it are great fun.

The asymmetric gameplay is great news. The few Wii U games that take advantage of it are great fun.
Yep, Affordable Space Adventures is a particularly awesome co-op game. I can safely say I've never played anything like it, and in VR the concept (one spaceship pilot, one person handling the engineering duties) would be fantastic.

DieH@rd

Banned
Sony has announced on TGS that devs can now target a brand new display refresh mode - 90hz [same as Vive and Oculus]. This mode will not be reprojected into 120hz because reprojection approach that Sony uses is best when framerate is doubled [and native 90hz is enough for great experience].
http://www.roadtovr.com/sony-confirms-new-90hz-display-mode-for-playstation-vr-formerly-morpheus/

Supported PSVR modes:
  • 60Hz rendering » 120Hz display reprojected
  • 90Hz rendering » 90Hz display
  • 120Hz rendering » 120Hz display

Yeah, but previously I'd understood that the breakout box took HDMI and USB from the PS4, did its interpolation stuff and sent a feed to the headset, then did some barrel-distortion compensation and sent the same image to the TV.

What I don't get is how they get two feeds from the PS4 to the breakout box.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YsbKHg1.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Sony has announced on TGS that devs can now target a brand new display refresh mode - 90hz [same as Vive and Oculus]. This mode will not be reprojected into 120hz because reprojection approach that Sony uses is best when framerate is doubled [and native 90hz is enough for great experience].
http://www.roadtovr.com/sony-confirms-new-90hz-display-mode-for-playstation-vr-formerly-morpheus/

Supported PSVR modes:

• [*]60Hz rendering » 120Hz display reprojected
  • 90Hz rendering » 90Hz display
  • 120Hz rendering » 120Hz display

I suspect we'll see a lot of that.

Missing from the OP:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1112695

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048986

And Summer Lesson should probably be moved to the Games section.

Done, added Showdown in Demo Titles/Possible Full Games category because it's technically still a demo. Added The Hum Abductions to Confirmed Titles (Can't believe, I missed that).

I also can't move Summer Lesson until I get direct confirmation that it is a title to be release from the devs. Other than that thanks.

Top Bottom