• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Was looking at the store on my phone a few minutes ago and they seem to have added a bunch of games. No pricing/dates in Canada yet though.

They had stuff like Rigs/DriveClub/Battlezone up last week. Did they add more? I have them all wishlisted ready to bite on the ones I want.

Kyolux

They had stuff like Rigs/DriveClub/Battlezone up last week. Did they add more? I have them all wishlisted ready to bite on the ones I want.

Yeah, I've had some of them wishlisted for a few months now. (Until Dawn, Harmonix music VR, etc.).. But there's Golem, Farpoint and a few more now.

Z3M0G

Battlezone feels like a must buy... even at $60.

- 4 player online co-op
- procedurally generated campaign

That's endless gameplay right there.

reson8or

Looks like $10 for the upgrade. Looks easily worth it. My launch lineup is looking like this:

• Super Stardust Ultra
  • Rez Infinite
  • DriveClub VR
  • SuperHyperCube
  • Battlezone (is SSDU making this redundant though?)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds
My D1 games are:
  • Rez Infinite
  • RIGS
  • Until Dawn
  • Battlezone
  • PlayStation VR Worlds

Very psyched!

Kyolux

I'll have that one, but like almost all VR games nowhere has it for pre-order.

I've said this before, but I think they want to avoid people buying games they can't play by mistake or that gets their headset delayed, etc.. They may not even let us pre-order most titles. They don't refund games on PSN, that policy doesn't help.

Also, we still can't pre-order Vita games.. That may end up being a similar case here too.

Kyolux

I'd try this for $5.

We wrote a little sum'n sum'n about The Assembly for the PlayStation.Blog a little while ago - you find it here: Explore The Assembly

Enjoy!

Thanks for the reply guys! I actually looked it up last night on youtube a bit. I'll be sure to pick it up, if not on release, a few week after.

Kyolux

Malick[AI];219047195 said:
Any idea how long the cable from the headset to the processing box is?

I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Going from the demo I had at an EB games, long at least 7-8 feet? Probably more?

Might have an answer in the FAQ they released yesterday.

Interested to see what Wayward Sky is priced at for launch. I'm thinking $30 but hoping for $20. Still, it left a good impression on me when I played it at PSX last year, and I imagine if what's on the demo disc is a cleaned-up version of that, then I'll buy the full thing this month. Really savvy of Sony to roll out he $100 for $15 back promo this month in order to entice people to bite at those prices for VR titles.

Kyolux

Sony are saying "October", dev says it's a "launch title". Trying to get a firm date.

Right now it seems like devs releasing for the rest of October might be losing out. If a lot of people like me spend a lot on release day. We might feel less compelled to go on more spending sprees in the following weeks. Or maybe I'm just projecting. Who knows.

Right now it seems like devs releasing for the rest of October might be losing out. If a lot of people like me spend a lot on release day. We might feel less compelled to go on more spending sprees in the following weeks. Or maybe I'm just projecting. Who knows.

Conversely, a dev from Secret Sorcery told me Tethered was skipping launch day and releasing later in October to avoid clashing with the big names like Battlezone, RIGS and DRIVECLUB VR.

Who knows which is the best tactic.

Looks like Fated: The Silent Oath is going to miss launch. Frima Studios have confirmed development but say they cannot confirm any dates.

Have there been any details posted about the Shin Godzilla game? And is there any word on a physical release?

I was under the impression Shin Godzilla is just an experience to tie in with a movie. I doubt there's a physical release if that is indeed the case.

Mikeside

I think I'm all set for launch, but I keep almost spending more money

I've ordered 2 new move controllers and a dock charger for them
A Thrustmaster T150
Driveclub VR
Super Stardust
Until Dawn
RIGS
VR Worlds
a Razer Kraken analog headset (comfy comfy)
...and the actual PSVR headset

There's a big part of me that wants to dive in with Battlezone, Rez, Tumble, Bound, EVE, The Assembly and Psychonauts too...but my wallet can't take it and I'll never appreciate all those games at once.

I've probably already got too many. I'm just so excited to have VR content I actually want to play.

Depends what feels most comfortable with the headset. MDRXB950, or Sennheiser 595.
If it's too much, then I'll just use the included earpods. :p

Wait really? That's awesome. Robinson's demo was a real showcase at Gamescom, I might bite on that. Such an awesome looking game.

EDIT: Amazon.de says November 9th... huh.

My regular in-ear headphones I use every day.

You aren't going to get 3d audio from in ear headphones are you?

I might pick up the platinum headset but I could do with some headphones to replace my 5 year old on ear bose

BadHand

So I already own Bound and Futuridium. Will probably get SuperHyperCube too.

I think I will probably just play all the demos before deciding on anymore games.

androvsky

I might pick up the platinum headset but I could do with some headphones to replace my 5 year old on ear bose

Any stereo headphones will work, it's the beauty of binaural audio. All the magic is on the processing side, but higher quality headphones will work better.

Dalto11

You will get 3D audio from literally any pair of headphones, in-ear, cirumaurual, etc. So long as it's plugged in via the 3.5 mm jack on the headset itself.

I will be be testing my in-ear Sennheiser CX's, my Sony Gold's, and my Bose on ear (forgot the model, they're about 6 years old and still sound amazing)

Yes. 3D Audio works with any standard stereo headphones.

Any stereo headphones will work, it's the beauty of binaural audio. All the magic is on the processing side, but higher quality headphones will work better.

You will get 3D audio from literally any pair of headphones, in-ear, cirumaurual, etc. So long as it's plugged in via the 3.5 mm jack on the headset itself.

I will be be testing my in-ear Sennheiser CX's, my Sony Gold's, and my Bose on ear (forgot the model, they're about 6 years old and still sound amazing)

I've learnt something there. Thanks. Why on earth does platinum Sony headset cost so much then!

majik13

What headphones are people going to be using?
Depends what feels most comfortable with the headset. MDRXB950, or Sennheiser 595.
If it's too much, then I'll just use the included earpods. :p

Yeah this is an important point. You should really test the headphones first with the PSVR on, Ive found a lot of headphones sliding off when looking around in VR, because you cant get them to sit correctly with the forhead portion of the PSVR and the straps going around the head. It was really distracting trying to keep headphones from falling off. Even the headphones Sony demos with the PSVR wouldnt stay on properly.

For launch day, I've pre-ordered (on the PSN store):

Batman
Hustle Kings
Super Stardust
Tumble

I've also got Bound and Volume to be patched, plus all the demos :lol

Unsure if Driveclub VR will feel less immersive without a wheel so I'm gonna see what the demo is like. EVE Valkryie too.

Top Bottom