• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liam Hemsworth to replace Henry Cavill in The Witcher season 4

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
What ?
Cat What GIF by TikTok

Nevermind, if it increases the chance to see him go back as Superman, I'm good.

henry cavill superman GIF
dc comics superman GIF

Last edited:

BreakOut

What the fuck… why kill such an amazing show. Season 2 wasn’t as good as season 1 but it’s still a great show. They should just end it at season 3. Kill the big bad and end the show on a good note.
Jumping the shark doesn’t even begin to describe this move.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They should just cancel it. Not that I don't think Hemsworth could do it, but Cavill is the perfect Geralt. I don't want to see anyone else play him, and I don't think I will be able to suspend by disbelief when Geralt is suddenly a completely different person.

Edit: I thought this was Thor. Guess there's a whole horde of these guys, no idea if this one is any good. I did think it was a bit weird that such a huge star would sign up for this.

Last edited:

RCU005

The show only has three good things: Henry Cavill, Freya Allan and Anya Chalotra.

Henry Cavill deserves to be Superman and hopefully they consider him for Bond also.

Freya and Anya hopefully get to do more and better things and we’ll be able to see them again. (Hopefully this show doesn’t ruin their career by how’s its going)

Denton

Good on Henry! Leaving this shitshow is the right decision, hopefully they will cancel it after S4 and someone more talented and passionate than Hisrich and her clown posse will get to do it properly.

Cavill, a huge Witcher dork, doesn't want to partake in a show where the showrunners said they actively dislike the books and games?

Shocking development.
It's obviously nothing to do with that given he's done 3 series and almost certainly to do with scheduling with Superman projects.

To be fair, I doubt the series was what Cavill originally wanted when he signed up. The writers were from another planet than the one The Witcher was created. A lot of really bad decisions (screen writing, production, casting) dragged this show down, and it seems like Cavill's love for the character and stories was the one and only reason it wasn't nearly as bad as Rings of Power. I'm sure he's crushed as much as the rest of us.

But hey, at least Supes is back.
Is the casting actually that bad or people still upset triss was played by a different ethnicity? Because all the actors did a decent job.

Initially I thought Cavill was too bulky for Geralt but now I’m used to him and can’t see anyone else do this role as well.
I disagree Fred, this muhfuggah would have been 10x better than Cavill
EC79OlEWkAAm3b9.jpg

Zach McGowan

...or, in a perfect world, where the show actually had a respectable/proper budget and a good script we would have had this guy :

images

Instead, we got Supe-Geraldo Rivera cosplaying.
I mean, I like Cavill but...yeah

Laptop1991

I guess Henry has lost faith with the writers after it was reported they hate the source material, i don't have much hope for the future of the series personally, season 2 was terrible with the writing and season 1 was just a generic fantasy, respect to Beau Demayo Xmen head writer saying you had to be a fan to join the team.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
The writing has been getting progressively worse, and I've never read the books and couldn't get into the games at all.

Liam better bulk up.

93xfan

Banned
To be fair, I doubt the series was what Cavill originally wanted when he signed up. The writers were from another planet than the one The Witcher was created. A lot of really bad decisions (screen writing, production, casting) dragged this show down, and it seems like Cavill's love for the character and stories was the one and only reason it wasn't nearly as bad as Rings of Power. I'm sure he's crushed as much as the rest of us.

But hey, at least Supes is back.
Rings of Power is great though. Have no clue how it matches the source material, but loved the characters and writing.

Last edited:

Fbh

Was thinking about going back and finishing season 2 but now I probably wont bother.

His take on Geralt was one of the main reasons to watch the show. And as if replacing him in s4 wasn't bad enough they are doing so with the Hemsworth you get from wish.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom