• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey LRG, please put the older PS3 game Shatter on PS4 disc. Great fun game that needs more permanent love in the physical world. Oh, and Everyday Shooter too. I loved both of them. Is it possible? Please look into it.

Everyday Shooter was published by Sony. I think LRG mentioned that any Sony published game is pretty much impossible to sign for them (at this point).

Shatter is an amazing game though, had a lot of fun with it on PS3 and would love to have it in my collection.

I agree about pushing off the releases so that there aren't so many in a month. It makes it really hard to try and go for the entire collection. 2 a month max seems good - 24 releases a year isn't bad!

Klart

The release of Mother Russia Bleeds on PS4 is imminent. How about a physical copy?

A lot of brawler fans would love physical (they grew up with it)...

Shizuka

The release of Mother Russia Bleeds on PS4 is imminent. How about a physical copy?

A lot of brawler fans would love physical (they grew up with it)...

It's Devolver Digital. They've been trying to secure a deal with that publisher for quite some time, I'm sure it'll happen if they're successful and sign a deal.

I agree about pushing off the releases so that there aren't so many in a month. It makes it really hard to try and go for the entire collection. 2 a month max seems good - 24 releases a year isn't bad!

That's what we're aiming for but Sony's cert process and manufacturing lead times make it difficult to guarantee this. Volume was supposed to come out in July, Thomas in August, Rainbow Moon in May, etc., etc. Things never work out the way we put them on paper.

We've had many months this year with no releases, some with just two, and some with three. We're playing catch-up right now and as a result, it's a bit crowded in September and October. This is not indicative of the pace we plan to keep. I'd pass out from exhaustion if I had to keep doing things at this speed.

I'm also going to put this out there for the skeptics on Thomas. I said this on our stream yesterday and I think it's super valid.

When you go on a vacation you sometimes buy a souvenir - many times, that souvenir might amount to something that doesn't have a lot of practical value - maybe a snowglobe, for instance. Practically speaking you don't get much out of that snowglobe, but when you look at it you remember that awesome vacation you had. People like Thomas Was Alone, many people really loved the game - it might be short, it might not have a lot of replay value, but it was poignant for many folks. For people who have already played the game and loved it, our release is kind of like a souvenir for the time they spent with it. They might not open it and play it again, but having the game on the shelf will allow them to remember the joy they had playing the game. If they want to go back and relive the game in twenty years or even thirty years - they'll have the option.

It's about owning something you loved. Who cares if it cost $1 digitally, or was only a few hours long? Why does that make it any less worth preserving? A good game is a good game.

Also, it's worth noting that the physical release does contain the DLC.

I'm also going to put this out there for the skeptics on Thomas. I said this on our stream yesterday and I think it's super valid.

When you go on a vacation you sometimes buy a souvenir - many times, that souvenir might amount to something that doesn't have a lot of practical value - maybe a snowglobe, for instance. Practically speaking you don't get much out of that snowglobe, but when you look at it you remember that awesome vacation you had. People like Thomas Was Alone, many people really loved the game - it might be short, it might not have a lot of replay value, but it was poignant for many folks. For people who have already played the game and loved it, our release is kind of like a souvenir for the time they spent with it. They might not open it and play it again, but having the game on the shelf will allow them to remember the joy they had playing the game. If they want to go back and relive the game in twenty years or even thirty years - they'll have the option.

It's about owning something you loved. Who cares if it cost $1 digitally, or was only a few hours long? Why does that make it any less worth preserving? A good game is a good game.

Also, it's worth noting that the physical release does contain the DLC.

Just for the record, if Thomas was a game I liked, I would be thrilled to be able to buy a physical copy regardless of what price I'd bought it for digitally. That's really not an issue for me.

There's plenty of short cheap games I'd buy physical copies of that I did enjoy.

CsU6XRsWAAEmo5B.jpg

Any ideas then?

Clive

Any ideas then?

Shantae (Risky's Revenge I assume) has been hinted numerous times and would fit the purple plus yellow. As for the other, no idea. It would be cool if the Keoi Tecmo collaboration attempts gave fruit and it's the Vita version Atelier Rorona Plus. The logo does have similar colors. Not really the most uncommon colors out there tbh though. There are also countless indies it could be probably so don't let my wishful thinking carry you away.

Shinriji

I finally finished Saturday Morning RPG, I kinda liked the game, the campy vocal song on the end of Chapter 5 hit all the right spots, but...

That's it? Not even a "to be continued" screen?

I'm curious, another chapter was planned (DLC or patch?) to give the game some closure? It really look unfinished,

For red and orange:

I like these guesses. I like them a lot. I too remember seeing something about all October games being PS4-exclusive, though.

Anyway, I enjoyed Rogue Legacy so would be down for that. And I LOVED Bastion. Plus it would free up 1GB on my memory card lol.

I finally finished Saturday Morning RPG, I kinda liked the game, the campy vocal song on the end of Chapter 5 hit all the right spots, but...

I'm curious, another chapter was planned (DLC or patch?) to give the game some closure? It really look unfinished,
Yay! Now sell it to me :)

blacksark

Hotline Miami isn't a PS4 exclusive. I think Shantae and Asterbreed are safe guesses.

I know hahaha, just thinking the possibility of hotline miami ps4 just like volume is only going to be released in vita and is also available on ps4. I love the vita too just that I remember them saying two ps4 exclusives on october.
EDIT:Asterbreed is a nice guess too.

mollipen

I was going back and checking on some stuff I'd done at GDC this year, and remembered that during an interview with Donald Mustard (link), I told him about LRG, what they're doing, and suggested the idea for Shadow Complex Remastered.

So, you're all welcome to thank me for getting physical copies of the game. :D

I was going back and checking on some stuff I'd done at GDC this year, and remembered that during an interview with Donald Mustard (link), I told him about LRG, what they're doing, and suggested the idea for Shadow Complex Remastered.

So, you're all welcome to thank me for getting physical copies of the game. :D

Next time you talk to someone at Segatlus, mention LRG for Sonic Mania pls.

A final episode was planned, and it may still happen. The game had not been successful on any platform prior to PlayStation and we made a choice to halt dev on the next episode until we'd completed all ports. Now that PlayStation has been more successful - the sixth episode may still happen. If it does, we'll be looking into append discs/carts that folks with physical copies will be able to request. I hate to leave the story unfinished.

Firecrest

Yes please. I'm getting the collectors, but will gladly pay for an actual disc.

I've voiced my opinion about this to Sega on social media and hoping if enough of us come forward, they'll take note.

Also hope LRG takes an initiative if they can, too.

Decider

I understand that some people might like it but it's an odd choice when there are much better candidates for a physical release instead. (Rogue Legacy is an excellent call, for example.) It feels like a bit of a waste of time and effort.

I understand that some people might like it but it's an odd choice when there are much better candidates for a physical release instead. (Rogue Legacy is an excellent call, for example.) It feels like a bit of a waste of time and effort.

It's not like all developers simply line up and wait for their titles to be published by Limited Run Games. The bigger the title, the harder it is to convince and sign developers that it's worth their time. I personally think TWA is a great game. If you don't like it, move on and wait for their next release.

You know LRG can't just pick any game and release it right? There's a bit more to it

TWA it's a game plenty of people want physically and Curve/Bithell want to release it physically. But they should have said "No thanks" and at the same time probably closed the door to future opportunities because NeoGAF poster Decider doesn't like it. Makes sense

If TWA struggles to sell out and is a failed release, you can talk. Otherwise you're just complaining because you're not getting what you want and it's not a waste of time and effort by any measure

Clive

Thomas Was Alone is a million selling, BAFTA award winning, critically acclaimed title and beloved by many. Your opinion about it is not relevant and neither is mine. It's a noteworthy game and a great pick for LRG.

I didn't like it for the record but I still think it's a fantastic game for LRG. Don't like it, don't buy it. Just don't be selfish and think that every game needs to be for you.

Semoreh

I second the last four messages.

Also :

Red & orange maybe Firewatch?

I think it fits better the colors hinted !
All the other suggestions (namely Rogue Legacy) would be believable if the sticker was red and yellow, but it's red and orange (from what I can see)
I'd buy Firewatch. I've been wanting to try it for a while.

Decider

It's not like all developers simply line up and wait for their titles to be published by Limited Run Games. The bigger the title, the harder it is to convince and sign developers that it's worth their time. I personally think TWA is a great game. If you don't like it, move on and wait for their next release.

I am. I already did with stuff like Octodad and Rainbow Moon as well because I wasn't interested in them and I'm not buying games to build a collection.

You know LRG can't just pick any game and release it right? There's a bit more to it

TWA it's a game plenty of people want physically and Curve/Bithell want to release it physically. But they should have said "No thanks" and at the same time probably closed the door to future opportunities because NeoGAF poster Decider doesn't like it. Makes sense

If TWA struggles to sell out and is a failed release, you can talk. Otherwise you're just complaining because you're not getting what you want and it's not a waste of time and effort by any measure

Unless you're prepared to have a mature discussion without trying your hardest to be condescending, don't bother replying to my posts in future.

Thomas Was Alone is a million selling, BAFTA award winning, critically acclaimed title and beloved by many. Your opinion about it is not relevant and neither is mine. It's a noteworthy game and a great pick for LRG.

I didn't like it for the record but I still think it's a fantastic game for LRG. Don't like it, don't buy it. Just don't be selfish and think that every game needs to be for you.

I'm not being selfish. I just disagree that previously being available for a low price is the sole criteria for it being a poor choice- I believe it's a poor choice because it's a poor game. My opinion is no less relevant than anybody else that played it and enjoyed it, because I did the same and reached a different conclusion.

Also, that BAFTA was for easily the most annoying thing about the game.

Unless you're prepared to have a mature discussion without trying your hardest to be condescending, don't bother replying to my posts in future.

Says the guy who only cares about himself and is unable to see other people's perspective. That you think the game is poor means nothing in the grand scheme of things. There's no discussion to be had here, mature or not. TWA is worthy of a physicaly release. Period.
Virtually impossible for him I'm afraid. :)

man I'm triggering people left and right. Grow some thicker skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom