• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the guy who only cares about himself and is unable to see other people's perspective. That you think the game is poor means nothing in the grand scheme of things. There's no discussion to be had here, mature or not. TWA is worthy of a physicaly release. Period.

So, you're wrong as well as rude.

@Decider: no, he's right and rude.

See, what you think doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. What he thinks however means EVERYTHING in the grand scheme of things.

Face it: you lost! This is a battle you can't win. :)

I'm leaving this discussion here. You're clearly not interested in anything approaching a civil, adult conversation and rather more interested in personal attacks instead.

You're right, I'm not interested in discussing if TWA "deserves" a physical release or is a waste of time.

Shinriji

A final episode was planned, and it may still happen. The game had not been successful on any platform prior to PlayStation and we made a choice to halt dev on the next episode until we'd completed all ports. Now that PlayStation has been more successful - the sixth episode may still happen. If it does, we'll be looking into append discs/carts that folks with physical copies will be able to request. I hate to leave the story unfinished.

OK, fair enough. Kinda surprised that I didn't saw more people talking about it. I guess all SMRPG buyers kept it sealed, as someone suspected some pages ago.

Hobbun

I watched the trailer for TWA, and where it looks like it could be fun, I don’t know if I want to spend $25 on it. Will take a pass this time.

But as for LRGs quality of games, most are ones I’ve liked, loved or wanted to buy. The only ones I’ve missed so far is the B&C games, Futuridium and now will be TWA. Rainbow Moon is one of my favorite games and purchased both the PS4 and Vita versions, that is probably the one I’ve looked forward the most. And I’m really looking forward to CSH and Dragon Fantasy tomorrow.

So for me at least, they have had quite few games that I want.

Yeah i remember that he track them, they are not suppose to resell them. Great catch Nachtfalke

I think it's pretty lame from the person who got this promo copy to try and sell it (before the game even went on sale). If this really is a promo copy provided by Sony, that means neither the developer nor the publisher might have given consent.

I think it's pretty lame from the person who got this promo copy to try and sell it (before the game even went on sale). If this really is a promo copy provided by Sony, that means neither the developer nor the publisher might have given consent.

It's likely not a "promo copy" though.

When publishers want to release a game on a Sony platform, they have to provide Sony with a couple 100 copies of their game, which are meant for Sony employees, e.g. for QA purposes. So for work purposes.

These copies typically get holes punched through the bar codes, because they are not meant for resale.

Yeah Sony employees aren't supposed to sell those copies, it's supposed to be big offense to do it. But we've tracked down some of the employees and told Sony, but looks like it didn't really do anything.

It is kind of upsetting as we are responsible for paying for those copies as well. We don't mind Sony getting them for free at all, but selling them to make a profit off of us when you work at Sony seems kind of wrong.

But it's whatever, we did our job and told people about it.

But oh man tomorrow is a big day! Dragon Fantasy, SMRPG Vinyls, and some SMRPG games at a random time?!

Get pumped up!

Yeah Sony employees aren't supposed to sell those copies, it's supposed to be big offense to do it. But we've tracked down some of the employees and told Sony, but looks like it didn't really do anything.

It is kind of upsetting as we are responsible for paying for those copies as well. We don't mind Sony getting them for free at all, but selling them to make a profit off of us when you work at Sony seems kind of wrong.

But oh man tomorrow is a big day! Dragon Fantasy, SMRPG Vinyls, and some SMRPG games at a random time?!

Get pumped up!

I'm ready for the Dragon Fantasy lifestyle

After all the uncertainty on previous pages, I think I am going to commit to Dragon Fantasy tomorrow. If I can sneak out of work in time to get it, of course.

blacksark

Get pumped up!

I want to get a smrpg vita copy but don't like too much the idea of random time.I would have loved being released same time as Dragon Fantasy.

NDPsycho

OK, fair enough. Kinda surprised that I didn't saw more people talking about it. I guess all SMRPG buyers kept it sealed, as someone suspected some pages ago.

I was saying the same thing back on page 140 :) and farther back the first time. I want some closure too, had a lot of fun with it getting the platinum trophy.

I want to get a smrpg vita copy but don't like too much the idea of random time.I would have loved being released same time as Dragon Fantasy.

That did not work out well for the franchise bundle. We got so much hate mail from people who missed Soldner because they were fiddling with the franchise bundle. We're not going to do that again - this will work out best to reduce the number of people fighting over a very limited pool of stock.

Semoreh

After all the uncertainty on previous pages, I think I am going to commit to Dragon Fantasy tomorrow. If I can sneak out of work in time to get it, of course.

I thought about it a lot, but I'll pass myself. If I can't split the shipping cost between several games it gets too expensive, especially for a game I'm not sure at all to enjoy :/

So good luck !

Decider

When I worked in HMV in Oxford Circus we used to have SCEE staff regularly trading in promotional copies by the dozen as they cleared their drawers every month and their office is just across the road. It's very common and SCEE just turned a blind eye to it. A couple of guys used to come in with stacks of the same game a couple of weeks after release- we had two five-foot shelves full of unsold, sealed copies of Puppeteer at one point.

When I worked in HMV in Oxford Circus we used to have SCEE staff regularly trading in promotional copies by the dozen as they cleared their drawers every month and their office is just across the road. It's very common and SCEE just turned a blind eye to it. A couple of guys used to come in with stacks of the same game a couple of weeks after release- we had two five-foot shelves full of unsold, sealed copies of Puppeteer at one point.

Why would HMV take in that many copies of the same game?

So SMRPG is gonna pop up at a random time on the website?
pyFY72V.gif

Het_Nkik

Guh, Dragon Fantasy comes out tomorrow and I keep forgetting to look it up to see if it's something I'd be interested in playing.

Anyone have a good video link that shows what the game is all about?

Since we spent time talking about Rez in here I think it's worth mentioning a new competitor has appeared...

Merge Games is also delving into the physical realm now. They offer collectors editions with the boxes signed by the Devs. So far they announced Aragami and Super Meat Boy for PS4. Here's the link incase people are interested: https://signatureeditiongames.com

Shizuka

Since we spent time talking about Rez in here I think it's worth mentioning a new competitor has appeared...

Merge Games is also delving into the physical realm now. They offer collectors editions with the boxes signed by the Devs. So far they announced Aragami and Super Meat Boy for PS4. Here's the link incase people are interested: https://signatureeditiongames.com

Do you know why I'm not interested in these competitors? Because they're doing PS4-only runs. They sign games that have great Vita ports, but continue to neglect the platform. The only one, other than LRG, that's doing a sorta "limited" run for a Vita indie is RSG with Lumo, and even that's European-only, even though I'm importing a copy from Play-Asia.

So, supermeatboy is the one limitedgames lost...

Damnit; would love to have a physical Vita version of the game. Which won't happen this way :(

Jimm

Arigami and Super Meat Boy were getting physical releases anyway, at least in Europe.
These guys just seem to be doing exclusive LEs

I stand corrected! I thought they were doing something like LRG and brining limited releases of non-standard games to physical form. Sorry to derail the thread :p

Never meant it to be disrespectful to LRG either, just thought other collectors would want to know

Jimm

I stand corrected! I thought they were doing something like LRG and brining limited releases of non-standard games to physical form. Sorry to derail the thread :p

Never meant it to be disrespectful to LRG either, just thought other collectors would want to know

No harm done at all. This thread has been derailed a few times due to similar releases. Like REZ and Shovel Knight Vita. I think it's great we can give eachother a heads up regarding other physical releases.

I wouldn't really call this a direct competitor. They don't do limited runs, they simply publish indie games. There are a number of them, including Soedesco and others. Overall it's great to see so many indie games getting physical releases, many of them are really cheap, too.

But like others have mentioned, they mostly focus on PS4 releases only. I'm more interested in collecting Vita games, so I prefer Limited Run. :)

So this is a question about a game a bit down the line but LRG is doing a physical Cosmic Star Heroine on Vita yes? Website only shows PS4 :\

I wouldn't really call this a direct competitor. They don't do limited runs, they simply publish indie games. There are a number of them, including Soedesco and others. Overall it's great to see so many indie games getting physical releases, many of them are really cheap, too.

But like others have mentioned, they mostly focus on PS4 releases only. I'm more interested in collecting Vita games, so I prefer Limited Run. :)
Yep definitely! I was wrong as said above...didn't know those games were already getting physical releases. I agree, LRG is doing it right. I do however like how other publishers and helping to bring smaller games to market as well (despite not being exactly limited). Really nice for people who like collecting physical games

Yep definitely! I was wrong as said above...didn't know those games were already getting physical releases. I agree, LRG is doing it right. I do however like how other publishers and helping to bring smaller games to market as well (despite not being exactly limited). Really nice for people who like collecting physical games

Yeah I think they compliment each other really well. If you know the print run and especially if it's very low, it gives you the extra incentive to get the game day 1. I haven't bought a lot of the Soedesco releases to be honest, mostly because I have the feeling I might get them really cheap one day.

Jimm

Alrightyyyy who else is keen for Dragon Fantasy in 3.5 hours.
I woke up at 5am but I can stay up til midnight! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom