• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Devil Inside Trailer (PC, PS4, PS5, RPG with awesome cartoon art)

I'd donate, kickstart, preorder, whatever it takes to make the potential of that amazing trailer be realised in an actual game. Wow!

Danneee

That don't look like Mutt to me.

RxLg2G8.jpg

Came here expecting this too. Looks very nice though.

KR_remix

Campaign sets off a lot of warning bells. Very high goal, no info on the team or current progress or what the funds would be used for, no pictures or GIFS of gameplay, the page description talking about what they plan to do rather than talking about what already exists and how they plan to build on that foundation

I wouldn't recommend backing this

They don't appear to have updated their website since like 2008 also >.>

It has a super annoying flash thing.

Campaign sets off a lot of warning bells. Very high goal, no info on the team or current progress or what the funds would be used for, no pictures or GIFS of gameplay, the page description talking about what they plan to do rather than talking about what already exists and how they plan to build on that foundation

Yeah, I'm going to hold off as well. It it gets Kickstarted, releases, and turns out good then I'll gladly buy it.

How come they got a greenlight on Steam before the kickstarter?
I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. The game looks like polished enough.

element

Nzyme32

Completely agree. I get the distinct feeling something is off here

Lijik

not gonna lie, didnt realize this was going to be a kickstarter project and learning that has killed some of my excitement.

CHC

Looks amazing but at the end of the day it's just some 3d mock-ups, and Kickstarter has had some seriously mixed results without highly proven track records to back a campaign. Not trying to be pessimistic, but it seems the best case scenario would be a good game playable in 2-3 years.

All that skepticisim out of the way, it looks BEAUTIFUL, and I really hope it can be a reality. I'd buy it but I probably won't donate for now.

Interestingly if their kickstarter profile is accurate apparently they're based out of South Korea.

Let's hope they address the concerns we have and update the kickstarter with more info. I really want this to be good, the art style is gorgeous and some of the ideas (however vague) sound quite tantalizing

Yeah, I like the art style, but I need to know a lot more about the gameplay before I give it anything more than a greenlight vote.

I refuse to believe this game is going to be half as good as it looks...damn...that looks amazing
When something looks good to be true, it probably is. No one should back this. It has the warning signs of a poorly-prepared overly-ambitious campaign at best and a scam at worst.

Seriously, you'd think by now that people would be able to judge KS campaigns better. I guess I read more Kickstarters than most people because I've been doing the annual KS threads here in 2014 and 2015. One of my main guidelines is that if a games doesn't show actual gameplay footage, I don't back. A video that looks like some kind of mock-up and zero GIFs or pictures aren't doing this campaign any favors

I take back what I said about backing this. Agree with the concerns above. For all we know it's just scenes that have been rendered to make a trailer and none of that is actual gameplay.

Ah well, the hope was good while it lasted. I'm now expecting this to never happen or to release and be stick people we get to play with ;)

The M.O.B

I take back what I said about backing this. Agree with the concerns above. For all we know it's just scenes that have been rendered to make a trailer and none of that is actual gameplay.

Ah well, the hope was good while it lasted. I'm now expecting this to never happen or to release and be stick people we get to play with ;)

Someone posted this gameplay clip in this thread.

squadr0n

I backed it just in case they are able to meet their goal, if not it's not like I loose anything but my hopes and dreams of this great game (hopefully real).

I do find it concerning that the devs haven't spoken out at all other than announcing their Kickstarter, espically with all the press it got. I think a big part of the communication divide is that these are Korean developers. The really weird part is that their Kickstarter is for Australlian currency.

Still, if this game lives up to the trailers at all it's exactly the kind of game I want to play that no one else seems to be doing.

Lumine

Woah, that looks amazing! I'm sold on that trailer alone. Of course adding Vivaldi helped a lot. Reminds me a lot of Zelda (Windwaker). Great use of DoF by the way, which I usually dislike. Hopefully it'll play as good as it looks.

Someone posted this gameplay clip in this thread.
Not buying it. Confederate Express had a nice "gameplay trailer" too. That clip looks less like real pre-alpha footage and more like a mock-up IMO. Compare that LDI gameplay clip to pre-alpha footage of Satellite Reign or SCALE

A lot of stuff about this campaign feels off. It's a poorly planned campaign at best. The page is nothing but vague descriptions and hopes
This game is not just about killing arch-demons and saving the world. Take in the atmosphere and live a realistic life in an unrealistic world. This is a game that tells stories about people with 'unusual' jobs such as hunting monsters and what happens in their everyday life doing so.
As opposed to developing fully life-like, high polygon characters and objects with intense level of textures, the intended design essence and aesthetics is to create a subtle but powerful sense of emptiness for each player to fill for themselves throughout the game experience.
Although the game will be governed by a main plot, we don't necessarily intend this to be the end in itself. We wish to put our efforts and focus on all the means to an end where players can engage and experience the world and the happenings that arise in the world - to an extent where the main plot may not be very relevant at times.
Respond to many hidden, unexpected events. It is our hope to provide as much spontaneous trigger events to give as much detail as possible to reflect everyday life as an adventurer to make your game play as unique as possible and thicken your storyline for an in-depth experience.
So far, we have met a lot of talented friends through various multimedia and game projects and we finally have a plan and vision to give them the assurance they need and bring them on board. What we need now is a little kick. We have confidence in this project.
See what I mean? It's a lot of "We wish, we hope", a lot of telling but not showing, and they don't even provide any info on the team or what the funds will be used for. A good campaign shows you what exists already and how the devs plan to build on that existing foundation.

Compare that to examples of informative and nicely presented campaign like Slain and Halcyon 6

Maybe this is a real project. I'd love to be proven wrong. But going by what I've seen here and what I've seen other Kickstarters present, this isn't something people should be backing

Ampsicora

They have updated their site with the game and kickstarter page
Also they finally made a statement on the kickstarter comments:

Firstly, thank you all for your support and sincere apologies for the delay in our post.
The amount of attention we received from the gaming world so far including gamers, press, publishers etc. have far exceeded our expectations and we are trying our best to keep up.
We have been very much tied up with all the unexpected number of inquiries so early in our campaign and still being a small team and all, we are quite struggling to attend to all the responses.
However, we wish to let you know that you're support and sincere interest is of the most value to us and we will do our very best not to let you down.
In the very near future, we will be posting a FAQ section as well as updates to the game where hopefully much of your answers will be addressed.
Thanks again for your support.
Neostream

I don't think is a scam like other kickstarter, probably they are pretty immature about making proper announcement

It's "your", goddammit.

Anyway, at least they're responding. Better start filling the kickstarter and steam page with more information.

Looks too good and ambitious to not have doubts. But man, if it actually comes together it could really be something. Or nothing...I don't know.

bengraven

Definitely high up there on my list of awesome.

A little bit of Zelda, Fable, and Beyond Good and Evil never hurt anyone.

Not buying it. Confederate Express had a nice "gameplay trailer" too. That clip looks less like real pre-alpha footage and more like a mock-up IMO. Compare that LDI gameplay clip to pre-alpha footage of Satellite Reign or SCALE

A lot of stuff about this campaign feels off. It's a poorly planned campaign at best. The page is nothing but vague descriptions and hopes

See what I mean? It's a lot of "We wish, we hope", a lot of telling but not showing, and they don't even provide any info on the team or what the funds will be used for. A good campaign shows you what exists already and how the devs plan to build on that existing foundation.

Compare that to examples of informative and nicely presented campaign like Slain and Halcyon 6

Maybe this is a real project. I'd love to be proven wrong. But going by what I've seen here and what I've seen other Kickstarters present, this isn't something people should be backing

Yeah, I think this is a "$1 at most to get updates" kickstarter for me.

Well, regardless, I'll be following this project with an intense gaze. Also noticed on the kickstarter page that the dev team is based in South Korea, so that might explain some things, but they updated their site, so we'll see.

I'm still hyped by the premise of the game.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Meh, I kicked in for the discount game tier. Good luck to them. Sounds like they're a small team and they're in for some tough times, but hey, maybe they'll pull it off.

I left a comment about making sure they hide the mouse cursor in future videos.

Kicktraq: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside/
Trend (will automatically update each day):
dailychart.png

These estimates are always high in the beginning. It's just a handy summary, don't put too much weight on the estimate here.

Nzyme32

Just for anyone interested - the got Greenlit already - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/421727832/1428945245

Little Devil Inside - Now Green!
13 APRIL - KODY

Thank you all and the team at Steam for Greenlighting our project.

Everything is just too much to take in right now and we can't thank you all enough.

We do realize however that we have much to fulfill and still require much support to make the project meet up to everyone's expectations.

It's been tough so far but this energy will carry us to the end.

Once again, thank you Steam!

Denton

They have updated their site with the game and kickstarter page
Also they finally made a statement on the kickstarter comments:

I don't think is a scam like other kickstarter, probably they are pretty immature about making proper announcement

I don't understand how anyone can launch a kickstarter without sorting all the necessary stuff beforehand. It's not that hard to look at Warhorse/Larian/Obsidian to see how it's done, guys.

Nice to see they updated the site and posted some announcements. Thinking it's not a scam either anymore (hopefully), but still it's best to be wary of the campaign. Super ambitious + vague descriptions is never a good sign.

The language barrier seems to be a part of it, but a project like this, that seems so far along going by that trailer, I need to see more. I've seen, followed, and played enough pre-alphas and alphas to be kind of suspicious that the trailer is more mock-up than actual gameplay

Top Bottom