• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Devil Inside Trailer (PC, PS4, PS5, RPG with awesome cartoon art)

Auctopus

Great to see some more convincing/grounded footage. Looks superb, art design and animation is incredible. Let's hope it doesn't drastically change in development.

pcostabel

Gold Member
They added a WiiU stretch goal:

phyP5A0.png

Combat looks heeeeeeavy, which is right up my alley! Not sure how well this will run on Wii U, but I'd give it a shot. Looks like a nice piece of work.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
That trailer was all sorts of awesome. Loved the chase scene in the desert, fantastic! A bit of a Grim Fandango vibe, too, with the characters. Awesome that this is going to PS4, the system is really getting flooded with indies with amazing potential :)

catmario

Neostream said:
Dear all valued backers!

It's been a while since the last update so just wanted to fill you all in on what's been going on in the last month.

Our new website is still in progress. We have a local web development agency taking care of this and things are just on hold for a very short while since we have been setting up a new work space - yes an actual development office! Nothing too fancy but at least we're out of our sheds now.

We needed to set up a new work space to take in a couple more new faces joining us. Great experience added so we're excited to have these guys on board. We will still be actively recruiting more in the coming few months.

Development-wise, we've seriously been looking into shifting over to the Unreal Engine. We have been getting a lot of professional advice on this and although there may be a little lead time, overall, this just looks like a much more feasible option taking into account what we want to create and achieve.

We'll all be settling into the new environment by around the 10th July and we'll post up some photos of the place.

Thanks so much for all your support and continued interest and we'll be in touch again soon.

Cheers everyone!

New updates for Little Devil Inside. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside/posts/1243899

Are there any Kickstarted games in development longer than this? I remember people complaining about Broken Age, forcing them to split the game in two and put out Act 1 as a stop gap. That game was announced in June 2012, and Act 1 came out in January 2014, this is near double that time frame.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
That's quite a long wait. Happy for them they found additional funding though. With certain kickstarter horror stories out there I am wondering why they won't disclose (at this time) who is co-funding their project. But if they think they need the time to create what they envision and they have the funding to do so, yay them. Hope they succeed, I dig the style and their concept sounds great on paper.

Are there any Kickstarted games in development longer than this? I remember people complaining about Broken Age, forcing them to split the game in two and put out Act 1 as a stop gap. That game was announced in June 2012, and Act 1 came out in January 2014, this is near double that time frame.
Rain World's KS was in January 2014, but the game has been in develoment since 2011

And Heart Forth Alicia has been in development since 2007 (KS was in April 2014)

Big Nikus

The first KS I backed, I think. And the new Zelda seems to give everything I hoped for Little Devil Inside (still really looking forward to it though).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Good news about the funding. This one was a long shot, but it sounds like it'll work out (eventually).

3 years overall isn't that bad actually - pretty much in line with Shantae, and they had an established studio.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Seems like they're going for a bit more detailed style then the initial trailer had, going with the pictures from the more recent updates. Still sounds/looks like a hella ambitious project, really hope they're not biting of more then they can chew.

s539m47.png

I honestly completely forgot about this game. Just under a year since this thread was last bumped and they've put out a new update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside/posts/1985448?ref=backer_project_update

Here's direct Youtube links the 4 new clips they've posted:

It's a pretty looking game, but man just reading the update it seems like they're getting bogged down in a lot of the finer details instead of getting a working game out.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Good to know they're still at it. Still looks and sounds promising, though also hella ambitious for a small team.

Alastor3

I honestly completely forgot about this game. Just under a year since this thread was last bumped and they've put out a new update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside/posts/1985448?ref=backer_project_update

Here's direct Youtube links the 4 new clips they've posted:

It's a pretty looking game, but man just reading the update it seems like they're getting bogged down in a lot of the finer details instead of getting a working game out.

oh man that last video, it's gonna be amazing

Philippo

Completwly forgot about this game.
Looks just as amazing as it did during the reveal.
Hope they meet their ambitous goals.

Any chances they can the WiiU version in favor of a Switch one?

KORNdoggy

Completwly forgot about this game.
Looks just as amazing as it did during the reveal.
Hope they meet their ambitous goals.

Any chances they can the WiiU version in favor of a Switch one?

that could be a bit of a tough one to deal with. some people may have backed specifically for the wii-u version. doesn't seem fair to just can it and make a different version for a different platform. maybe in addition to? i suppose it depends if the wii-u digital store is even alive at that point

this is a bit worrying from their KS page

"Firstly, this is very much influenced by the amount of funding and collaboration we can gather and secondly, we do not wish to be one of those that end up posting news that the game release has been postponed for whatever reason.

To give you a rough idea, we are aiming for a Fall 2016 release"

i mean, i know they switched engines but if their rough estimate was fall last year, i do kind of worry where exactly the project is right now in regards to being finished. do they actually have a plan of attack?

Auctopus

Man, this game really is taking its time. Still remember the original trailer.

Gameplay looks good but it really is just a glorified tech/mechanics demo. Love the mule though.

moozoom

It's the 3rd and last game I ever backed, glad to hear they still work on it. I'm just afraid it's too ambitious for its budget - I sincerely hope they can finish it, cause the art is great.

Top Bottom