• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Living in a world where a 7 is average

KillLaCam

Banned
Literally the most well known game character ever is a fat Italian plumber.

Adam Jensen looks like this:
deus-ex-960x600.jpg

he's absolutely an example of heroic idealism right down to the fact that he doesn't have to take anything for his augs. New Lara is an example of heroic idealism for a woman, and it's a good thing she does actually climb rocks and do acrobatics.

Im never talking about Nintendo or cartoony games when I'm talking about how someone looks. Plus Mario isn't trying to be serious. You couldn't really be Mario in any game that is trying to take its self somewhat seriously

Obviously Adam is half robotic I was mostly talking about his face and body shape. Pretty skinny guy. Maybe it's becuase I kickbox but I know a bunch of ppl who look like their in better shape than him. Plus you can't really be a fat guy doing what he does.

Him not taking anything for his Augs is just dumb main character padding bs. I wish game would stop that.

Yeah exactly Lara looks like what she does. That's the main thing I want. I don't really see how she looks heroic, she still seems pretty weak to me in her personality.

Like the new mass effect. Those ppl don't look like models or anything

Edit :Also what fantasy would a Mario game be fulfilling? They're just simple fun games.

Ill take an R. Mika or Cindy over any other game model. When I play a game I want something nice to look at. If I wanted reality I'll go to a bar or club or something.

No, I'm dismissing romance novels, they're garbage.

Either way, most decent and popular YA books I've read had ensemble casts or young male leads, the only ones that were half decent that I read with female leads were the northen lights, hunger games and maybe sabriel.

You'll find better women in adult fiction. But you won't find many of them and most of the time it's left to female authors to do it right.
Just want to comment that as a YA librarian, you clearly know nothing about YA lit. Most YA have female protagonists, more YA is written by women than men, and a larger portion of the YA audience are teen girls than teen boys.

Top Bottom