• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad launches DDoS tool that lets anyone take down online services

Nokterian

"Actually, it's about security of online console networks."

tumblr_n4ysbgkSfp1sky7ayo1_500.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Couldn't Microsoft security researchers sign-on and use this service to attack a honeypot, thus identifying the compromised sources and potentially blocking them in the future?
It seems to me that if they're checking individual packets at their servers then they're still vulnerable to the DDoS. The infected PCs were sending spoofed packets anyway.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Once again I'm stunned by their brazen stupidity, as soon as money gets involved it becomes straight-up racketeering. Which puts its squarely in the jurisdiction of groups like Interpol and the FBI... Sheer madness.

Nokterian

Look at this BS. If that's the case why haven't they showed evidence of hacking yet. The sooner these guys get caught the better for everyone.

“We handed over some Sony employee logins to them. For the initial hack,” a Lizard Squad employee said in an interview with the Post. “We came by them ourselves. It was a couple [of logins].”

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/reports-reveal-possible-between-psn-sony-pictures-hacks-231534667.html

More talking out of there ass...and journalist taking the cake and not asking real experts on this? Unbelievable.

vypek

Look at this BS. If that's the case why haven't they showed evidence of hacking yet. The sooner these guys get caught the better for everyone.

“We handed over some Sony employee logins to them. For the initial hack,” a Lizard Squad employee said in an interview with the Post. “We came by them ourselves. It was a couple [of logins].”

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/reports-reveal-possible-between-psn-sony-pictures-hacks-231534667.html

Reading this kind of stuff is really infuriating. I wish more journalists went more in depth and did real research. There is no way these brats actually fond credentials and gave them to GOP.

Seth

the site they are hosting their DDoS tool is protected by cloud flare. which is a service to prevent DDoS. How ironic.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Once again I'm stunned by their brazen stupidity, as soon as money gets involved it becomes straight-up racketeering. Which puts its squarely in the jurisdiction of groups like Interpol and the FBI... Sheer madness.

Yeah, don't fuck with RICO, cause you ain't gonna win.

wapplew

If enough users use it to attack too many target, will all of the attack get neutralize since there is only fix amount of zombie pc?

hitsugi

Good. Putting themselves out there like this is the kind of ballsy movement necessary to cause them to get nailed.

Also, hating on the hackers movie? Seriously? 28.8bps modems not fast enough for you or what

ConceptX

Whats funny is how everyone is thanking Kim Dotcom for "stopping" the attack when all he has done is provide them with an easy $150,000.

Isn't hard to sell Mega accounts when they are half price.

ICKE

Banned
So our local bank was completely down yesterday in Finland, after another attack, and the criminal police is now investigating. People could not withdraw cash, couldn't use their bank cards or anything. Lucky for us we purchased food in advance, otherwise the new year would have sacked. I suppose these attacks will become more common now.

Top Bottom