• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard squad unmasked by another hacker group.

For whatever weird reason, I decided to do this just a moment ago.

Americans scare me sometimes, no offense to anyone, but some of you guys really operate on "Once you cross this line, you don't deserve to have a life/die"

As a european, it comes across as a bit animalistic if im honest.

edit: animalistic is maybe a bit too strong... primal.

Everybody deserves the opportunity for rehabilitation. Locking people up and throwning away the key doesn't serve as a deterrant, it just satisfies a mob mentaility.

What the heck does gun politics has to with this? Also no everybody commenting is from the US.

For whatever weird reason, I decided to do this just a moment ago.

Americans scare me sometimes, no offense to anyone, but some of you guys really operate on "Once you cross this line, you don't deserve to have a life/die"

As a european, it comes across as a bit animalistic if im honest.

edit: animalistic is maybe a bit too strong... primal.

Everybody deserves the opportunity for rehabilitation. Locking people up and throwning away the key doesn't serve as a deterrant, it just satisfies a mob mentaility.

Come on now. Not every one deserves a chance to be rehabilitated nor can they be. Some people are simply broken and locking them away from society is the best thing you can do in certain situations. Do we really believe you can rehabilitate people like Osama bin laden? Hitler? People who've gone on mass shooting rampages and somehow have them become productive members of society? What about sociopaths?

Come on now. Not every one deserves a chance to be rehabilitated nor can they be. Some people are simply broken and locking them away from society is the best thing you can do in certain situations. Do we really believe you can rehabilitate people like Osama bin laden? Hitler? People who've gone on mass shooting rampages and somehow have them become productive members of society? What about sociopaths?

Everybody deserves a chance at rehabilitation. No exceptions.

And no, just because you are rehabiltating someone, doesn't mean they should be allowed to walk free. That said locking people up and throwing away the key, or worse executing them solves nothing.

And no, just because you are rehabiltating someone, doesn't mean they should be allowed to walk free. That said locking people up and throwing away the key, or worse executing them solves nothing.
That's not really true. It removes them from society, thus preventing them from causing society any more harm.

Not all criminals deserve a chance at rehabilitation; people are responsible for their own actions and it's not societies job to baby them. If someone commits a heinous crime such as murder or rape, their actions have left a lasting affect on their victim and their family, and they should be locked away for everyone else's benefit. When they chose to murder or rape someone, they forfeited their own life.

As for these kids, they should receive the appropriate punishment to the crimes they've committed and to the damage they've caused to other people's lives.

I for one would love to have some more psychopaths with sensitivity training out on the streets.

Depends- If your problem is that there are a bunch of dipshit kids out there screwing with people's lives for the lolz, that would certainly solve that problem.

The last thing I need is people thinking they could pull shit like this and can get away with just rehab.

I'm not saying they should be sentenced to Life or Death... But I definitely not going to bat an eye if that's how this ends.

I just checked the files they leaked and sadly it looks legit. On the other hand, with them distracted with this growing hack war with Finest Squad they should be distracted from attacking our game servers.

Well the problem is this initial news apparently looked legit as well so... @_@ ???

Do these kids deserve to die? Of course not.

But to say that everybody deserves a chance at rehabilitation seems a bit idealistic to me. When talking about people like Hitler and his ilk, a quote from Dennis Miller (whose political views I generally despise) comes to mind:

"At some point, people need to realize that there are some incredibly evil motherfuckers on this planet, and sometimes you've just got to thin the herd."

MrBenchmark

I like the post that called American's animalistic.

Thanks to my "animalistic" grandfather and his buddies your not all saluting a swastika and speaking German.

Criminals need to be stopped and unfortunately sometimes harsh methods and punishments are needed.

Sarcastic post^^^^^

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Common misconception but the hackers that big tech companies hire are ones who are good at finding security holes, not DDOSing. At most maybe they could have helped test Drive club with their skills.

DDoSing doesn't take any technical skills.
It's more about social engineering and botnets.

Thanks to my "animalistic" grandfather and his buddies your not all saluting a swastika and speaking German.

Criminals need to be stopped and unfortunately sometimes harsh methods and punishments are needed.

Plenty of Americans lost their lives in World War II, no doubt about it. And their sacrifices are absolutely meaningful. But let's not go too far here. Stalin's forces had far more to do with the Allied victory in Europe than American forces did.

Edit: I won't debate this point with anyone in this thread, because I don't want to take things further off-topic than they already are. But if you have any issues with my statement, consult a history professor/book.

Godwin's law everyone, time to pack up this thread is over.

MrBenchmark

Godwin's law everyone, time to pack up this thread is over.

Very clever I have never heard of that is there one for when people result to insulting another nation as a whole?

Maybe if we count to 3 they will stop being bad.

These guys or kids are dirtbags plain and simple with no valid excuse or reason for their actions.

Clawww

jesus christ

Hedge

I for one would love to have some more psychopaths with sensitivity training out on the streets.

I actually just wrote a project about rehabilitation of criminals either with ASPD (DSMV) and DPD (ICD-10) and a high rating on the PCL-R. Really interesting stuff, even if research into the subject is lacking, and most of what is there is non-conclusive.

In theory it should be possible, I'd say.

As opposed to the English I now speak because your grandfathers ancestors decided it was a good idea to catch my ancestors and take them to another continent?

Stop with that bullshit please.

Nobody is advocating for a "soft" sentence. There is a middle ground between a stern telling off and removing someone from society for the rest of their natural life. The fact that Hitler and mass murders are even being brought up kinda shows alot about how some of you think.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that Hitler and mass murders are even being brought up kinda shows alot about how some of you think.

Oh, come on. When you make extreme uncompromising statements like "Everybody deserves a chance at rehabilitation. No exceptions." People are going to bring up extreme examples like Hitler to demonstrate that perhaps making exceptions is not such a bad idea.

Oh, come on. When you make extreme uncompromising statements like "Everybody deserves a chance at rehabilitation. No exceptions." People are going to bring up extreme examples like Hitler to demonstrate that perhaps making exceptions is not such a bad idea.

Except Hitler was brought up before I said that.

MrBenchmark

As opposed to the English I now speak because your grandfathers ancestors decided it was a good idea to catch my ancestors and take them to another continent?

Stop with that bullshit please.

Nobody is advocating for a "soft" sentence. There is a middle ground between a stern telling off and removing someone from society for the rest of their natural life. The fact that Hitler and mass murders are even being brought up kinda shows alot about how some of you think.

For the record and my last off topic I am first generation born in the US family escaped Germany in the late 30's pretty sure we never bought or sold anybody.

saunderez

I hope it is fake and they've actually been arrested
If they haven't bern arrested and it's not fake I hope they're prepared for the lynch mob that's going to come after them the next time they DDOS something. I don't understand what them doxxing Finest Squad actually achieved, Finest hasn't pissed off a large portion of the internet yet.

system11

No, they don't. Some people are inherently worthless and nothing but a thorn in the side of humanity. There are billions of people on the planet and locking away the ones who can't function happily with the rest will result in nothing of value being lost.

It could be worse, I'd seal them in a shipping container and dump it in the sea.

With prison space becoming more limited the problem is that theres simply no money to give everyone a one on one rehabilitation treatment. Of course prison solves something and by extension execution. Maybe it won't fix the actual perpetrator but it fixes that particular threat to society and honestly I care more about the victims and people feeling safe then I do about some criminal who chose to mess up their own lives and others. However the sentence should fit the crime. In this case execution and even life are a bit much.

RoySFNR

Good lord.. I genuinely appreciate every effort to take down annoying ddos groups but why do these hackersquads have to present themselves with lame edgy quotes. Just take down their shit and call it a day.

Please don't hack me.

Top Bottom