• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard squad unmasked by another hacker group.

Aske

No, I'm in Los Angeles.

I'm a mid-profile developer, ex was streaming. The aforementioned hacker's MO was to target female streamers and threaten swatting unless they gave him nudes (apparently most will comply, which is sad). She didn't, so we got swatted. I talked it out with the team, and they were very polite about it. LAPD weren't able to do anything about the guy. Some friends did a private investigation that provided some information to Canadian law enforcement (identity and evidence), but apparently they didn't do anything with that either.

I know I'm super late to this thread, and I'm not going to say anything that hasn't been said before, but goddamn this is upsetting stuff. I have no idea what swatting is (will Google), but sexual blackmail of any kind is absolutely sickening. Glad to hear your ex refused to capitulate; hope this kid receives swift and effective justice.

Just FYI, they were never taken down, and in fact, are back on twitter (@lizardmafia) and are planning something for Xmas.

Sorry, on phone, can't paste pics or links. Hold on to your connection errors this holiday break!

Evidently Finest Squad is preventing them from doing anything and will continue to do so, at least if you believe their Twitter page.

Top Bottom