• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: Japanese 3DS LL

I've considered getting a Jap 3DSLL before Smash launches for it since it comes out like two and a half weeks earlier.

I figure I'll get my fun in and then sell it when the NA version comes out.

Fritz

I still don't get why N isn't bringing more colors or LEs to the west. All things considered, North America is still a huge market. Are they afraid it might not do good? What are they waiting for?

That white 3DS LL... God, that would make me buy a 3rd 3DS.

Just look at this thing.

7683796210_0a9361602e_z.jpg

7683855342_a4e6e79ea1_z.jpg

HOT!!

Is that a plain 3DS LL? I still got my launch 3DS and it's almost as fugly as the original DS. Might have to jump.

ACESmkII

I still don't get why N isn't bringing more colors or LEs to the west. All things considered, North America is still a huge market. Are they afraid it might not do good? What are they waiting for?

That white 3DS LL... God, that would make me buy a 3rd 3DS.

Just look at this thing.

7683796210_0a9361602e_z.jpg

7683855342_a4e6e79ea1_z.jpg

Amazing but this looks more grey than white.

I'm almost tempted to order one right now.

I love my Zelda 3DS, but some of these look beautiful! My favorite is the Silver Mario and Luigi edition though:

mario_luigi_3ds_thumb.jpg

The back is the best part:

MBj1EmP.jpg

Yeah... I got swung in myself:

iRveFcuaA2STw.jpg

JP Tomodachi Life
EU Luigi Anniversary
US No Frills Bluey

*shakes fist at Nintendo*

Your top JP eshop priority (as was mine) must be:

ibgIP1BTTXAuXH.jpg

An absolute crime it still hasn't been released in other regions.

Outrun is my favorite game, bootleg generic car or not.

Hope this gets a Western release.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
That SRW one is really cool too. That's the grid that the strategy part of the game takes place on, right? It's a fantastic idea, using the battlefield as a pattern for the design of the system. No units on it... just the setting. That's really cool.

It is. It came with some stickers of units you could place on it too, but I cant see why anyone would do that

"I already have Yokai Watch 2."

/fumes

I'd get Girls RPG and Time Traveler from Level 5, Ex Troopers from Capcom, Dragon Quest from Square and Super Robot Wars from Namco!

And of course many others!

Dr. Buni

I actually have the Japanese Lizardon Edition. I've only turned it on once, what am I missing out on GAF?
Great color scheme. I would buy one if it was Delphox or maybe Infernape instead of Charizard (and if it was released around here, as well).

Castcoder

Banned
My friend was in Japan and hunted down some things for me, including a used Orange/Black 3DS LL for $140, Monster Hunter 4 (new) $20, and 5000 yen eShop card for when Smash comes out. I'd like to know what else I should get. I don't read Japanese.
Yet

zeromcd73

My friend was in Japan and hunted down some things for me, including a used Orange/Black 3DS LL for $140, Monster Hunter 4 (new) $20, and 5000 yen eShop card for when Smash comes out. I'd like to know what else I should get. I don't read Japanese.
Yet

Youkai Watch and Dragon Quest VII :)

random25

Damn those good-looking Japanese 3DS LLs...

I would love to get my hands on a plain white one. I would've bought the XL pink one just because of its white body. Sadly, I really prefer overall white. Guess I'll settle for my regular blue XL one until something new comes along...

The orange + black one is pretty awesome too. Wish the NA versions have more standard color options for XL.

I have this sexy beast:

dZRwHiy.jpg

I haven't played DQM 1 or 2 yet, but I've played Ace Attorney 1&2 (3DS version, in English) and I'm 40 hours into Dragon Quest VII.

For those of you that are curious, if you played the original and know how to read Katakana, Dragon Quest VII is very doable despite being in Japanese.

I have this sexy beast:

dZRwHiy.jpg

I haven't played DQM 1 or 2 yet, but I've played Ace Attorney 1&2 (3DS version, in English) and I'm 40 hours into Dragon Quest VII.

For those of you that are curious, if you played the original and know how to read Katakana, Dragon Quest VII is very doable despite being in Japanese.
I've never play a DQ game. Would VII be a good entry into the series?

Can anyone tell me how to claim this free game? I've got a new JP 3DS LL, but its a DQM2 bundle, will that work? I can fumble through menu's just fine but I can't read any Japanese whatsoever.
No. As far as I can tell a coupon comes from either the retailer or in the box for this promo, and you dont get one for the DQM2 bundle.

rjc571

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to claim this free game? I've got a new JP 3DS LL, but its a DQM2 bundle, will that work? I can fumble through menu's just fine but I can't read any Japanese whatsoever.

Just do a google translate on http://club.nintendo.jp/ and register your system from there. Last year when Nintendo Japan was doing a promotion, I managed to sign up, register my 2 retail games, and got a free download code for Ocarina of Time 3D! The translation was good enough that I was able to figure out what I was doing without too much issue. Only problem I remember was that you were forced to use Japanese characters for your real name (not your username), so I just put in some random Kanji.

EDIT: Oh it's not a Club Nintendo thing? Never mind, then.

Great color scheme. I would buy one if it was Delphox or maybe Infernape instead of Charizard (and if it was released around here, as well).

Tell me about it. I was thinking of possibly getting a mobo from a broken 3DS on eBay, and switching it out, but I don't want to accidentally break the thing.

While I could use it to get japanese games, I don't know much japanese to get around. Haha.

Artorias

Banned
No. As far as I can tell a coupon comes from either the retailer or in the box for this promo, and you dont get one for the DQM2 bundle.

Damn, thanks anyway!

This thread got me to set it up a bit at least. I got my wifi connected and I'm trying to set up an eshop account. I'm sure its going to be a headache but I need to do it.

Damn, thanks anyway!

This thread got me to set it up a bit at least. I got my wifi connected and I'm trying to set up an eshop account. I'm sure its going to be a headache but I need to do it.

What I did was watch a YouTube video on setting up the e-shop in English and kind of just followed the same button patterns. That might help make a little sense LOL

Artorias

Banned
What I did was watch a YouTube video on setting up the e-shop in English and kind of just followed the same button patterns. If that makes any sense LOL

I did the same, I got the eshop set up but do I need an address in there to make purchases? I assume they won't take a US credit card, so I need points cards anyway right?

I did the same, I got the eshop set up but do I need an address in there to make purchases? I assume they won't take a US credit card, so I need points cards anyway right?

I don't remember having to put an address. I've use my American debit card and its worked completely fine :) I've made purchases a few times already also.
You do have to watch out for international rate fees or whatever it's called. It was only a couple dollars for me, but keep that in mind!

Edit: If you prefer to use just prepaid cards, I like using japan-codes.com
They charge a service fee on top, but you usually get the code by the end of the day. I use them for iTunes giftcards.

Artorias

Banned
I don't remember having to put an address. I've use my American debit card and its worked completely fine :) I've made purchases a few times already also.
You do have to watch out for international rate fees or whatever it's called. It was only a couple dollars for me, but keep that in mind!

No way! I really didn't think that would be an option, I'm so pumped. Hopefully I can get a few VC releases and play with it later. They have some amazing classics on there.

Meffer

What is the best site to buy a 3DS LL, when it comes shipping prices and such? I just want to plan ahead so I can save up for one along with games. I live in North Carolina, by the way.

No way! I really didn't think that would be an option, I'm so pumped. Hopefully I can get a few VC releases and play with it later. They have some amazing classics on there.

Yeah, I was super excited when I tried it out. It makes things sooooo much easier!
Now, I know that my debit is a visa, so that might be another restriction the e-shop has is that it only takes certain types of credit cards. I'm not sure which though lol :-|

EDIT: I have to word myself better lmao, but I know it accepts my Visa card, I'm not sure which types it doesn't.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I bought a pink 3DXL here in the US, because I figured buying the white outer shells from a reseller wouldn't be too hard. But it's literally impossible to find white XL shells anywhere, I don't understand why they're just not available somewhere.

What is the best site to buy a 3DS LL, when it comes shipping prices and such? I just want to plan ahead so I can save up for one along with games. I live in North Carolina, by the way.
Nippon Yasan probably, I remember they had the best prices when MH4 came out.

Boogiepop

I have this sexy beast:

dZRwHiy.jpg

Oh man, that thing is beautiful!

Top Bottom