• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson denies eSRAM Issues with Xbone, CBOAT: "nope"

SmokeMaxX

Sony fans are the majority on this board? They might have a plurality, but has he SEEN the Nintendo thread? Nintendo puts their Nintendo Direct logo in a different color and there's like 10 pages of speculation on it. I'm surprised someone didn't make a new thread about that. Out of the three major companies, I'm a Nintendo fanboy currently, but damn haha. I'm surprised Gaf didn't go down when Sakurai announced that there will be a Smash trailer at E3.

velociraptor

I don't think this board favours any company over the other.

However, I believe the difference is one company appears to be serving the consumer. The other, is willing to shaft them up the ass in as many ways as humanely possible.

Haggis, I assure you the backlash for the PS4 would be exactly the same if it has the same issues as the Xbone.

Sony fans are the majority on this board? They might have a plurality, but has he SEEN the Nintendo thread? Nintendo puts their Nintendo Direct logo in a different color and there's like 10 pages of speculation on it. I'm surprised someone didn't make a new thread about that. Out of the three major companies, I'm a Nintendo fanboy currently, but damn haha. I'm surprised Gaf didn't go down when Sakurai announced that there will be a Smash trailer at E3.

It went down during one of the Nintendo Direct though. I'll bet it will go down in the next one too.

kick51

Banned
I hate what MS is doing

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with Sony, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't be "as bad"

Nintendo doesn't have anything on their system I want at the moment and I'm not that into their first party games anymore

and I got a backlog a mile long.

I imagine CBOAT as a high-ranking exec whose position allows him access to the necessary information regarding how "the ship" is being run.

Like he's sat in a boardroom discussing events that would cause GAF to have a seizure, and all these middle-aged men are crunching out the numbers of these changes. Not understanding that a low yield on a future product within the MS family is playing out on GAF like a virtual "killing field". All the time, CBOAT's a similar middle-aged man is thinking "lolzzz"

I hate what MS is doing

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with Sony, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't be "as bad"

Nintendo doesn't have anything on their system I want at the moment and I'm not that into their first party games anymore

and I got a backlog a mile long.

I was getting ready to write this exact post, almost.

I'd also add Nintendo is missing the boat with how people like to use online services.

Im loving all this drama. E3 will be intense.
Sq1DH.gif

H3xum

The thing of it is, how are we ever going to know the truth now?

Microsoft surely wouldn't come out and say it at this point, but, there will be obvious shortages if this is true, right? What will they blame it on

eot

Banned
Why wouldn't you automatically disbelieve anything a PR mouthpiece says? Him denying it only confirms what cboat is saying. If came out and said they were having yield issues I'd still not believe him and say that cboat was wrong.

If he's paid to post "propaganda" on a message board he wouldn't be privy to that information, so I wouldn't read anything into it.

Sorral

Cboat made a reply in the TRUTHFACT thread about someone doubting him which is not here:

tryiun tyo flushme frmo the weeds, sory friend in duckhunt im the gun nott.he ducks

ducks

GAMEFRIENDS::: 1more truthfactbefore 10am conf. MONDAY if i gegt the aditional sosurceocnfimaltion. on it.

otherwise godbye fora ibit.

And...I will just leave what I made here as well:
cboatisthegunenxex.gif

#TeamCBoaT

If he's paid to post "propaganda" on a message board he wouldn't be privy to that information, so I wouldn't read anything into it.

Yeah. Also, maybe I'm reading too much into what Nelson said, but he went the extra mile to say 'but that is false'. Don't they always say "We don't comment on rumors and speculations"?

bGanci

Banned
lol what the hell is wrong with some of you people! We're not getting an answer it must be true! We got a answer he is lying!

lol what the hell is wrong with some of you people! We're not getting an answer it must be true! We got a answer he is lying!

Well... there is a lot of reasons why someone imagines major nelson is talking through his ass and why people think CBOAT is a reliable person.

History shapes our views of the truth... and that is a bad thing for major Nelson and other corporates. They would rather have that we forget every blatant lie and problem from the past.

bGanci

Banned
Well... there is a lot of reasons why someone imagines major nelson is talking through his ass and why people think CBOAT is a reliable person.

History shapes our views of the truth... and that is a bad thing for major Nelson and other corporates. They would rather have that we forget every blatant lie and problem from the past.
Then why even comment? They don't appear to care what the consumers think. So why start now?

Every one realizes CBOAT is actually Phil Harrison right?

The spastic texting is just a side-effect of the chip Kutaragi had put in his head which was recently activated.

EGM1966

Same here, I worked at a Global corporation, one of the largest in the planet, and a lot of PR stuff that were used to put out fires, were not a direct reflection on what was going on behind door.

Heck PR department knew jack about the services my former unit works with and they always had the most Beautiful communications prepared for the costumers.

As a low level official in that company, I Wasn't allowed to discuss such topic with customers, that was up to the unit head and PR department.

Exactly. And reading the Major's response - I see the same wiggle room I expect with PR. Definite enough to sound reassuring but just open enough in the specifics to leave wiggle room later.

Karak

The spastic texting is just a side-effect of the chip Kutaragi had put in his head which was recently activated.

Hahahaha. This is great. It is all like an 11 year master plan:)

Gaspode_T

I imagine CBOAT as a high-ranking exec whose position allows him access to the necessary information regarding how "the ship" is being run.

Like he's sat in a boardroom discussing events that would cause GAF to have a seizure, and all these middle-aged men are crunching out the numbers of these changes. Not understanding that a low yield on a future product within the MS family is playing out on GAF like a virtual "killing field". All the time, CBOAT's a similar middle-aged man is thinking "lolzzz"

Maybe former MS employee with tons of friends at MS and still living in Seattle would make more sense to me

Newt

I'll say it again: Larry stonewalls hundreds of tweets about rumors every day and has for years, he simply doesn't comment. That he replied in this case, with a specific and very resounding no, stands as evidence to me that he's not lying.

Y'know, or he could just not respond.

Meier

CBOAT is our most reliable insider. What he says is fact. Of course Major Nelson is going to deny anything to be concerned about.

And...I will just leave what I made here as well:
http://abload.de/img/cboatisthegunenxex.gif[IMG]

#TeamCBoaT[/QUOTE]
Brilliant.

Keep in mind, Major Nelson has also said THESE things about the Xbone:
"Gameplay you are about to see is running in-engine, on the new Xbox hardware, let’s take a look at Call of Duty: Ghosts on #XboxOne "
There was nothing running.

There has been some confusion about #XboxOne and used games, this blog post may help clear things up http://mjr.mn/11Wv9ZB
It didn't.

We are months away from the launch of #XboxOne & policy decisions are still being finalized. When they are, we will let you know.
They've been finalized for months.

Withnail

Harrison isn't deliberately fucking things up on Sony's behalf. It just comes naturally to him.

The moment he left Sony is pretty much the exact moment that things started to get better for the PS3.

Claneko

Gemüsepizza;61940013 said:
Known Microsoft PR guy who lies to the public:

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

Riiiight...

Never even knew about this. It's so full of shit I couldn't contain my shock while reading it. I mean...the exaggerations! Then he tops it off with contradictions when he says they both pack a lot of power. Really? Because for the past 4 pages you made it sound like the PS3 was an Atari by comparison.

Produce

I reject your reality and substitute my own! #TeamCBoat all the way baby! ;)

How do you get a job as an online shill? What does it pay?

I'm gonna need some moneyhats to afford next-gen gaming without trade-ins

Top Bottom