• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson denies eSRAM Issues with Xbone, CBOAT: "nope"

I'll say it again: Larry stonewalls hundreds of tweets about rumors every day and has for years, he simply doesn't comment. That he replied in this case, with a specific and very resounding no, stands as evidence to me that he's not lying.

Y'know, or he could just not respond.

I don't know how that's evidence of anything. If everything he's ever said was true... maybe. But he's a PR schill. Is the infinite power of the cloud also true because Major Nelson said so?

MarkusRJR

Considering he's been redirecting and giving dumb answers, I really don't think he knows what he's talking about or he's just lying. I really don't trust him since he's just another PR mouthpiece for MS at this point. I doubt ANY PR rep would outright say that the hardware/software/whatever their company is producing is turning out fucked up.

Major Nelson versus CBoaT. Fight!
Major Nelson *is* CBoaT

What is CBoat best at? Covering his ass. How to best cover your ass? Publicly say the opposite on your PR twitter feed.

Its fucking genius.

Don't worry Major, I can keep your secret. Alright GAF, shhhhh now. Nothing to see here.

I'm not really sure why this is something Major Nelson would even know. Gonna stick with cboat for now, but I'd love for him to be wrong.

Mrbob

Major Nelson *is* CBoaT

What is CBoat best at? Covering his ass. How to best cover your ass? Publicly say the opposite on your PR twitter feed.

Its fucking genius.

Don't worry Major, I can keep your secret. Alright GAF, shhhhh now. Nothing to see here.

m-night-shyamalan%282%29.jpg

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This. How can anybody be taking this at face value?

As much as I think Mjor Nelson is kind of a douche. I still think he's a pretty honest guy for a PR personality. And he is well known enough that risking the fallout of openly lying about this wouldn't make any sense when he could have just stayed quiet about it.

If he lied about it, and it is found to be true, then he will be in a world of shit. Why respond to that one rumor among 100's and risk it?

What is he going to say?

"LOL Yeah, shit sucks bro"

Not to mention that Larry isn't a dev, he is just the mouthpiece. Anyone else remember his 360 vs Ps3 graphs?

As much as I think Mjor Nelson is kind of a douche. I still think he's a pretty honest guy for a PR personality. And he is well known enough that risking the fallout of openly lying about this wouldn't make any sense when he could have just stayed quiet about it.

If he lied about it, and it is found to be true, then he will be in a world of shit. Why respond to that one rumor among 100's and risk it?

Probably just talking about the downclocking rumor. The rest of the esram issue is truthfact. Even Major Nelson knows it.

Into

So it took him 2 minutes to reply to that question, according to the Twitter thing, how could he know when this is not even his field?

Or did he really call up their engineers and ask a question he could not possibly know on his own?

I don't know how that's evidence of anything. If everything he's ever said was true... maybe. But he's a PR schill. Is the infinite power of the cloud also true because Major Nelson said so?

What can I tell you? As I said, the man is infamous for stonewalling desperate tweets on any issue and every issue for years. He takes the "We do not comment on rumors and speculation" route as a policy.

He didn't have to reply to this, just as he hasn't replied to countless rumors fired his way every single day for weeks. He did and he shot it down. That's significant in my eyes.

EDIT: Should note, he's not necessarily out of step with CBoaT. They could both be denying the downclock.

Would this guy really be so involved with the technical development of this system to really have definitive knowledge on the subject? I doubt it. Hes just a PR guy, not a hardware engineer.

He probably just asked the "higher ups" what to say on this matter.

Mrbob

Well one of them is wrong. Whatever happens someone's going down.

Not necessarily. Major Nelson didn't really address any point. He made a general comment. It could be MS does not plan on down clocking yet and are still having eSRAM issues. He just talked around the issue.

Of course the question is a bit generic as well.

Yet still continues to flat out NOT answer any rumors about always online, DRM based, anti consumer restrictions that are rumored like crazy!

Pretty cool of him. I asked him about the "answers" he is rounding up (he said this 7 days ago) and said would be detailed "soon" but he still hasn't answered.

Maybe I should say there is a rumor about it online, then he would respond?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well I guess this covers the "would Larry ever outright lie?" question.

Yes, verily. Hryb tells fibs.

Probably just talking about the downclocking rumor. The rest of the esram issue is truthfact. Even Major Nelson knows it.

Which makes sense to me. I'm not sure the downclocking thing was ever more than intelligent speculation, because downclocking is one of three available strategic responses - the others being a launch delay or accepting very low quantities of consoles at the launch - and seems like the most viable of those strategies.

We can basically interpret this as "Microsoft isn't going to downclock, so it's down to a launch delay or very low quantity of consoles at launch."

Top Bottom