• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

mocoworm

Oh, for the love of...

People, the network is just stressed due to +10.000.000 PS4s turning on and downloading a 200 MB file at the same time. It's not a bloody bug.

Quit the FUD please.

If you have 10,000,000 consoles sold, you should have an infastructure that can support them ... with overhead to spare.

For those having PSN issues: try holding down the PS button, selecting "Log out", and then log back in/turn your controller back on. That worked for me, even after rebooting didn't. Everything ('cept Destiny) seems to be running perfectly now.

BokehKing

Banned
Oh god. System just had a hard crash and is now checking hard drive status on reboot. Please be OK.
Why would you want to be one of the first people to download something? Leads let's over eager people go first, see if it bricks systems, when the coast of clear then download

Hoo-doo

Banned
Were any Europeans yet able to try Shareplay? Does it work good?

It worked great with Diablo 3. With my friend hosting I noticed zero artifacting and just a tiny bit of input lag but it still played great.

You can also switch between streaming quality settings in party options, settings are 'Standard' and 'High'.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Best new feature

When typing with the virtual keyboard, the predictive text now offers capitalized versions of words if you type your first letter as a capital. Before it would only suggest lowercase versions.

Honest to god, this is a big deal for me.

anddo0

Oh, for the love of...

People, the network is just stressed due to +10.000.000 PS4s turning on and downloading a 200 MB file at the same time. It's not a bloody bug.

Quit the FUD please.

lol kay.

Anyway, Gold Theme is best theme, interface tweaks are great, library needs editing, everything is faster, everything is more stable, everything worked fine for me (Online, Music, Rest, ect). The servers are just getting slammed y'all. We're at the forefront of the spike that is every PS4 downloading the update at once. Chill. If it doesn't work, try again tomorrow. Or in an hour. Just don't freak out, you'll blow a gasket.

Lol.
Because a minority of console ownwers have some problems that get (hopefully) fixed, there shouldn't be updates for the console?

Also you can remove the "Sony" part, because many updates from a lot of companies lead to some issues.

Great, attack a guy for having concerns.

Okay, whatever moving on.

I've had issues in the past with Sony FW updates.
I have every right to be cautious.

Nobody is preventing you from updating your console.

Cade

Son of a bitch. The dumb novelty USB (shaped like a Christmas light) I was gonna test music with doesn't fit in the PS4 slots. Truly my day has been sour.

mocoworm

nobody makes networks like that. You design to allow for predicted demand, not 'everyone connecting at once +10%'

I doubt everyone is connecting at once... but if they were, the new consoles are made to get auto updates so you absolutely would have to plan for a situation where they are all getting the updates at the same time.

If you have 10,000,000 consoles sold, you should have an infastructure that can support them ... with overhead to spare.
That's not really now how most companies do networking... Building up a huge overhead of server capacity which is only necessary once a month at most is really not economically sound, especially if the alternative is just slow service for an hour or two.

Hooooo dayum I have just realised I can now play Towerfall multiplayer online with a friend thanks to SharePlay! This update is going to be awesome. When PSN decides to work.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I could log in but had to restart my Ps4 after initial restart and everything working seemingly ok

I just tried to log in about thirty times on the trot and NOW I'm in. I just hope it stays this way.

Ok. I don't know what's happened but everything seems to be moving much faster. The online for LBP3 is SOOOO much faster. I'm happy again lol

Futaba

Network seems a little unstable, understandable given how many people will be updating and/or testing out network heavy features like youtube uploading and game sharing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It worked great with Diablo 3. With my friend hosting I noticed zero artifacting and just a tiny bit of input lag but it still played great.

You can also switch between streaming quality settings in party options, settings are 'Standard' and 'High'.

Thats great. Can I ask how fast your internet connection is?

Great, attack a guy for having concerns.

Okay, whatever moving on.

I've had issues in the past with Sony FW updates.
I have every right to be cautious.

Nobody is preventing you from updating your console.
Your concern was misdirected, and a source of misinformation for other members. Thinking before you posted, or just reading the thread, would probably have made it obvious that your problems were simply the result of high network load.

tahsutify

After installing the update, I tried to launch a game, it crashed. Then I tried to turn it off but it didn't turn off, just blinking white. Never had a problem like that. Hopefully it is a one time thing.

Jeseus

That's not really now how most companies do networking... Building up a huge overhead of server capacity which is only necessary once a month at most is really not economically sound, especially if the alternative is just slow service for an hour or two.

only one word - Driveclub

sonys network this gen is pure shit and we are paying for it

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I doubt everyone is connecting at once... but if they were, the new consoles are made to get auto updates so you absolutely would have to plan for a situation where they are all getting the updates at the same time.

yes they should - I assume they do, I thought most consoles in standby check for an update in the early hours of the morning, so time zones will naturally phase that across all users.

Daggoth

Son of a bitch. The dumb novelty USB (shaped like a Christmas light) I was gonna test music with doesn't fit in the PS4 slots. Truly my day has been sour.
Pff, I can't get an actual logitech headset in there. Stupid design.

Update is nice, inability to reconnect to PSN is not. (NW-31201-7, Australia)

anddo0

Your concern was misdirected, and a source of misinformation for other members. Thinking before you posted, or just reading the thread, would probably have made it obvious that your problems were simply the result of high network load.

I didn't misdirect anyone.

I have no problems, because I no better than to just run out and download the latest FW update right away.

iceatcs

Not when it sell more than Sony expected, they expect pass 10m on Apirl 2015. It selling faster than Sony prepare for.

Top Bottom