• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manage your PSN downloads better with PSDLE Javascript tool

Deft Beck

I looked around and while this was mentioned in some larger threads, I figured this deserved its own thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2uptow/psdle_improving_everyones_favorite_online/

It's a Javascript tool made by the Redditor RePod37 that you use on the Playstation web store to filter and search through your downloadable content.

All you have to do is put

Code:
javascript:$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);

in your address bar while you are on the Playstation web store and you can generate a list of your downloadable content. It uses all the same queries as the regular storefront, and it's really convenient.

Couldn't get this to work for awhile with firefox... eventually it popped up. Very neat. Will make it a lot easier in the future to grab my PS4 PS+ titles when I eventually get one.

Fisty

Looks neat, thanks for the heads up I might use this. Too bad Sony cant do this themselves... that 5 day PS+ extension was more hassle than it was worth for me, completely screwed my download list again.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wow. This is great. Firefox users you may have to manually type in
javascript:
as firefox automatically parses it.

2HJw6w9.jpg

It's long overdue for an official fix.

If only someone working at Sony actually cared about the user experience this wouldn't be necessary. Still, cool to have.

Agraavan

This is freaking usefull if it works as intended and is something that Sony should have implemented a long time ago.

I'll bookmark this thread and test it as soon as I get home. Thanks.

realcZk

Wow, this is a great way to manage downloads and view a list of games and software I already own. Props to this guy, bookmarked.

Some browsers block the execution of javascript from the URL bar, so you'll have to hit F12 and paste this into the console instead:
$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);

Or alternatively, bookmark it and select the bookmark when on the page.

If only someone working at Sony actually cared about the user experience this wouldn't be necessary. Still, cool to have.

"The best experience i've ever had was scrolling through the Vita's download list to download more than one thing at a time" said absolutely no one ever in the history of humanity.

Or alternatively, get Greasemonkey/Tapermonkey and install a local version. You'll have a shiny PSDLE logo in the lower left of the screen when browsing the webstore.

I've actually been using the script for a while, and it's come a long way. It used to just scrape the download list, now it's a total replacement for the download queue as well. It's pretty neat.

DrKelpo

Banned
as much as i love sony, it's simply mindblowing, that such a company has that much trouble with some comfort features in it's onlineshop.

awesome tool.

vg260

Maybe a dumb question, but how secure is something like this? Is this passing information to another site?

"The best experience i've ever had was scrolling through the Vita's download list to download more than one thing at a time" said absolutely no one ever in the history of humanity.

Those are the same people who said things like
"The best part is seeing all the PS3 games I can't ever download, because a Vita is not a PS3!"

and

"Wow, I'm really looking forward to finding out which PSP or PSOne title randomly has Vita compatibility removed this week!"

I seem to be doing correctly as I get the weird icon to activate the top panel, but the top panel is completely empty of any data, maybe we are slamming it too hard?

SerTapTap

This is fantastic. Absolutely absurd Sony hasn't come up with a proper solution in years.

I seem to be doing correctly as I get the weird icon to activate the top panel, but the top panel is completely empty of any data, maybe we are slamming it too hard?

I got it to work after refreshing and pressing the bookmarklet button only after the main page was fully loaded

SerTapTap

Hm, it doesn't seem quite sure what to do with season passes and full game unlock licenses. They're not even "unknown" they just can't be removed from the list. Otherwise pretty amazing. Going to use it tonight to audit my PS1/PSP/Vita collection on my PS3/content manager to make sure I have it all.

bombshell

Chrome user here, as well. I have no idea what I need to do. Do I just past the JavaScript code into the URL bar? The instructions, to me, don't seem very clear.

That's one way to do it, but be aware that the "javascript:" part will probably be cropped by Chrome when you paste it in the address bar, so you have to manually enter it before hitting enter.

Alternatively hit F12 to bring up the developer tools and paste the string into the console tab and hit enter then F12 to back out of developer tools again.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maybe a dumb question, but how secure is something like this? Is this passing information to another site?

It's open source
http://repod.github.io/psdle/

Is this safe or a ploy to phish account details?
Yes it is safe, no it is not for phishing account details.
I put it on GitHub for a reason, feel free to view the horribly effective code yourself and decide.
If/when I get pull requests I'll let them sit and look through them while allowing the "community" to as well.

If authentication details were left around openly on the download list page I would take my concerns elsewhere.

Thanks OP! I have over 1000 items in my download list and this makes it much more manageable. Works great with Firefox & Greasemonkey (UK store)

Still raises the question why Sony thinks the current solution is acceptable. Like has anyone at that company ever tried to use the download list before? Have they even acknowledged that it needs work or at the very least an option to sort by platform? Downloading games on the PS4 is alright since it has the Library tab but the Vita is a whole other story.

Thanks for the top guys, pressing "START" helped.

I actually dont own as much as I thought but good to see some titles I forgot I had bought.

Top Bottom