• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manage your PSN downloads better with PSDLE Javascript tool

Alec

This is amazing.

Using Chrome...can't figure out how to export. It pops up a box asking me for a delimiter...

Edit: Nvm. It pops up a tiny little box with everything in txt format that I was missing. Awesome!

RK128

Wow.....can't believe this work :D! This will help ALOT in organizing what games I own. Thank you OP for bringing this up :D.

Goes to show that Sony could do this themselves but just don't want to....oh well :l.

zulux21

to go from
496241f22a.jpg

to
is amazing.

I have a ton of rock band stuff, thus it always clogs up everything.
it will be great being able to just pull up by console or type of game and looking at what I have when a sale goes live.

Won't be able to try it out until later, but if it works as advertised, I will be very happy. The download list is a horrible way to manage content, even more so now that everything has been reset to the same download date.

to go from

to

is amazing.

I have a ton of rock band stuff, thus it always clogs up everything.
it will be great being able to just pull up by console or type of game and looking at what I have when a sale goes live.

That and the fact that the terrible default list resets when you select a game, at least on consoles. It made it almost impossible to find what you were looking for.

Gah, I want to try this! For some reason, I can't sign in to PSN on my work laptop. Will try when I get home though. I can see what it does, just can't sign in to actually see my stuff.

jcm

Eh, that doesn't mean it's safe. You're including code from a random source sight unseen. That code could be changed at any time, and the method of inclusion means whatever is on that website runs with full privileges in your browser. At the very least, if you're going to run something like this, it should be a vetted local copy.

Deft Beck

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the tool.

Tip: It can also be used on mobile devices. You just need to use the bookmarklet version.

joeblow

Eh, that doesn't mean it's safe. You're including code from a random source sight unseen. That code could be changed at any time, and the method of inclusion means whatever is on that website runs with full privileges in your browser. At the very least, if you're going to run something like this, it should be a vetted local copy.

Better safe than sorry, eh? I guess I'll pass then.

SScorpio

And you can download the script, review it and only run the local copy. If you use Grease Monkey you can even automate your local copy being loaded.

Jomjom

Banned
Can anyone give clear instructions on how to run a local copy for us dumb people? I'm worried about security.

Tizoc

I'll use this later today to push my non-Vita compatible games to the top.
Thanks for this OP.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the tool.

Tip: It can also be used on mobile devices. You just need to use the bookmarklet version.
I have no idea how to get this working on chrome mobile. I click the bookmark and it just stops working. Anybody have luck with this mobile?

Working for me. Also, bump to my post up there ^

WTF

This is infuriating .. Is it because I rebuilt my database for the first time? my downloads and everything works, the test says im connected to psn but I cant open the store, its stuck on the loading screen :(

This tool is amazing, Sony should've really been implemented these features on PSN in the first place.

WTF

This is infuriating .. Is it because I rebuilt my database for the first time? my downloads and everything works, the test says im connected to psn but I cant open the store, its stuck on the loading screen :(

I've had that happen to me a couple times. I had to fully power off the system then reconnect. Not sure if it'll work for you though.

chaos789

Banned
Does this thing work on a IPad? I cannot get it to work on my phone neither. I tried bookmarking and when I click the bookmark it just goes to the web page. I have no idea on how to get this thing to work.

Pejo

holy shit, I had like 900+ items on my list after it compiled. Wow Sony, you owe me some thanks or something. It's a damn amazing tool. This is absolutely perfect for a rainy day.

I want so bad to work for sony, but at the same time don't, because know it must suck so much to work as a UI designer there lol (just as it is at any big corporation)
Very likely. It seems their UI/OS team don't seem to be as connected to the gamers as they should be. Alhough the biggest problem might be that they simply do not have enough people working in the department, and therefore there's too much work for the current people to work on it. Or a combination of the two, which is even worse. Impossible to know unless you've worked there yourself.

They should really spend some of those millions and hire some extra programers and UI/UX designers IMO, would rapidly improve their stability updates into more meaningful updates.

mauaus

Yikes! just checked my Vita library... i have bought 161 games (not counting plus) and have a grand total of 195 games (34 plus games total)

Now I want to know if there's anyway to redirect PSN download traffic to go through my PC, be split into 8 connections, reassembled when complete and then sent to the PS4, so I can maximise my connection when I download stuff from PSN.

WITHE1982

I've just bought a new 64GB Vita memory card and I needed a quick list of the games I've bought for Vita only to make sure I download 'em all.

This has just made that soooo much easier. Great script.

Top Bottom