• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1 + 2), Transformers: Fall of Cybertron rated for PS4/XBO

SCB3

Can we also get the Excellent X-men Legends games as well?

Anyway, I'm in for MUA 1&2, never finished the DLC for the 2nd one, and honestly cannot remember what happened in the first one

Neoxon

Can we also get the Excellent X-men Legends games as well?

Anyway, I'm in for MUA 1&2, never finished the DLC for the 2nd one, and honestly cannot remember what happened in the first one
It's entirely possible since, again, the X-Men/F4 ban doesn't affect games made prior to Contest of Champions. That's how the Deadpool remaster managed to slip by.

EYEL1NER

That is damn nice! I would love to play the Ultimate Alliance games again, whether it be from them being made BC on Xbone or HD remasters or whatever. A "Marvel Ultimate Alliance HD Collection" does sound good to me. I ended up getting the DLC for both long after I ever played them (bought the Gold Edition for the first after the DLC went away and bought the DLC for the second when they brought it back temporarily before delisting it again), so it would be nice to use those characters. And if they fixed some of the bugs in the second, specifically some of the audio bugs that were incredibly annoying, that would be aces.
Count me in for whatever they do.

Neoxon

That is damn nice! I would love to play the Ultimate Alliance games again, whether it be from them being made BC on Xbone or HD remasters or whatever. A "Marvel Ultimate Alliance HD Collection" does sound good to me. I ended up getting the DLC for both long after I ever played them (bought the Gold Edition for the first after the DLC went away and bought the DLC for the second when they brought it back temporarily before delisting it again), so it would be nice to use those characters. And if they fixed some of the bugs in the second, specifically some of the audio bugs that were incredibly annoying, that would be aces.
Count me in for whatever they do.
That would be nice. But that begs the question, does the fact that the two games were listed separately for this rating listing mean that they'll be sold separately?

Veedot

YES!!! I stopped playing MUA2 when I realized I could never get the dlc characters(I have this weird quirk where I have to have all characters in a game) even if I knew I wasn't going to use them

glaurung

I'd play Ultimate Alliance again. Even just spamming lightning with Storm was fun as hell in those.

However, the older X-Men Legends games are still superior.

Awesome news, but for MUA, two things I ask:

1. Please include all DLC on disc
2. Please change some trophies/achievements. I finished MUA2 in Feb, and a lot of those were totally bullshit and glitchy

I'm not sure of what to think, to be honest. I played through the first two Cybertron games last gen, and I'm not a huge Transformers fan. They were pretty good, though, so maybe I'll check this re-release out again.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance was fun...during what I played...and I keep meaning to go back to it. Maybe I'll pick up and play through it on current-gen instead of going back. But MUA2 didn't do a ton for me -- it was just okay.

I'm worried these will just be half-assed re-releases, though, like with Deadpool (which was a chore to play again) and Prototype 1 & 2. If so, I'll quite possibly just pass or buy them when they're $10.

Hostile_18

Banned
The first MUA by Raven software was one of the best games ever so fun and you could tell how much love, care, respect and passion had been put into the game!

The sequel while still entertaining was a lesser, by the numbers entry by a different developer.

Both games cost quite a lot as they are out of print as the licences lapsed along with the DLC... could they really have worked out everything again just for a re-release?

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is the spiritual successor to X-Men Legends, right? Just with all the Marvel cast instead of just X-Men?

I think I only ever played XML, never the second one, and neither MUA game. But I am super down. I had a lot of fun with what little XML I played, and since i'm not really much of an X-Men fan getting to use the wider Marvel roster will be nice.

How exciting!

Wow...I did not expect this.

Really hope MUA comes with all the DLC on the disc. Man, this is going to be amazing, to finally have those two games on a current gen console.

Canadian

I've played the first MUA and both Transformers games. While I did enjoy the transformers games I don't think I would play them again. I would recommend people to check them out and try the multiplayer if they haven't already. While the second game has more polish both are fun!

I would be interested in playing MUA again and it would be a good chance to play MUA 2 for the first time.

Neoxon

i thought Acti dont have the rights for MUA anymore because of the remove of the dlc???
If I recall, Activision renewed the license for both games a while back, hence them being available again on 360 & PS3 (correct me if I'm wrong). This is likely part of that license renewal.

HotHamBoy

X-men Legends 1 & 2 as PS2 Classics on PS4 please.

The superior ARPGS.

If I recall, Activision renewed the license for both games a while back, hence them being available again on 360 & PS3 (correct me if I'm wrong). This is likely part of that license renewal.

Not showing up on PSN.

The PS3 versions are still kinda pricey used at retail. Also, platform-exclusive characters were bullshit.

Will buy MUA, tho.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Now if they could just renew Wolverine Origins and throw the PC version up on Steam I would be extremely grateful.

Neoxon

Not showing up on PSN.

The PS3 versions are still kinda pricey used at retail. Also, platform-exclusive characters were bullshit.

Will buy MUA, tho.
I thought I heard about the 360 version getting put back up, but oh well. Either way, Activision likely renewed the contract for both MUA games like they did for the Deadpool game.

ValeYard

On the one hand, dammit! I just bought MUA 1 & 2 on 360.

On the other, can these games come out soon please?

Also, does this have something to do with rumored MUA3? Is there maybe a collector's edition or preorder with the old games?

I thought I heard about the 360 version getting put back up, but oh well. Either way, Activision likely renewed the contract for both MUA games like they did for the Deadpool game.
Yeah, the 360 versions were even on sale digitally a few weeks ago. We all assumed this meant they were coming to BC.
Were the games ever available digitally on PS3? I assume that's the issue.

Yazuka

They should have done a double pack with both Cybertron games.
Will probably pick up again, since I realy enjoyed Fall of Cybertron.

GTFO! So much fond memories playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance, awesome it's coming back.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance was the game that introduced Deadpool to me and really loved it. can't wait for MUA3!

Got introduced to Deadpool from X-men Legends II but I'm pretty sure all my general knowledge about Marvel mostly came through these two games. Lots of great content.

Memory

Holy shit fall of Cybertron? Awesome, hope its a collection of the first two games.

Marvels okay but it was miles behind the X-Men games so I'm not that hyped for it.

Still I'll pick them all up.

Neoxon

This is actually a smart move on Activision's part. Can't make new games with the X-Men? That's fine, just re-release the older games featuring them. Hopefully Capcom follows suit with UMvC3.
.....please?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope this leads to more MUA and XMen Legends games
on vita too if possible thanks :)

Top Bottom