• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite - 5 DLC costumes confirmed for Chun Li, Gamora, RR & more

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They just revealed some characters' premium costumes, and Yes, MMX might get second costume in this game.

Chun Li:

EQaLaw3.jpg

Inspired by

8SCeuQ2.png

from Chun Li ending In Hyper Street Fighter II

Rocket Raccoon:

Mega Man X:

TrueForm X Design (NYCC Statue?)

2ZVpNnK.jpg

Ultron:

Annihilation: Conquest Ultron

d0psAg8.jpg

Gamora

Apparently we might get alternate colors for DLC costumes.

Drayco21

DnA Gamora and Ultron almost makes up for shitty Bendis Rocket and Gamora being in-game.

Love the deep cut pull for Chun's.

DnA Gamora almost makes up for shitty Bendis Rocket and Gamora being in-game.

Love the deep cut pull for Chun's.
Their costumes are good. Their character is a whole different story. OG Gamora costume is just a swimsuit, but it looks like Capcom is gonna make some changes to it.

DrArchon

OK, but why are Strider and Sigma left out from getting new costumes repped?

Come to think of it, why is Sigma here when he's a DLC character? It's almost like he should be in the base roster.

Come to think of it, why is Sigma here when he's a DLC character? It's almost like he should be in the base roster.
There are amiibo for DLC Smash characters. Sigma is also one of the main villains so there's that. I expect a Black Panther figure soon.

DrArchon

There are amiibo for DLC Smash characters. Sigma is also one of the main villains so there's that.

At least those amiibo came out WAY after the characters themselves came out. Nintendo weren't advertising a Mewtwo amiibo prior to the game's launch.

And saying Sigma's one of the main villains is just reinforcing the idea that he shouldn't be DLC.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yo, Heath, might want to add the source to the OP: https://news.marvel.com/games/74581/marvel-gamerverse-unleashed/

This is Strider's first Funko, so he gets to be regular Strider. Presumably the same for Sigma.

Also, they're all paired up, so Ultron goes with Sigma.

BP would probably go with Monster Hunter, for example.

ThePunisher

Neo Member
Am I the only one that opened this thread and thought at first glance that actual funko pop character models were the alt costumes?

I want a Gamora that looks like her movie version. Not crazy about her comic version.

Chun Li's outfit would have been perfect with her hair down.

The X outfit looks beautiful!

DrArchon

This is Strider's first Funko, so he gets to be regular Strider. Presumably the same for Sigma.

Also, they're all paired up, so Ultron goes with Sigma.

BP would probably go with Monster Hunter, for example.

Does that mean X already has a Funko? I've never seen it. I know classic Megaman does.

Seems weird that'd they'd have done one for X and not Sigma.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Does that mean X already has a Funko? I've never seen it. I know classic Megaman does.

Seems weird that'd they'd have done one for X and not Sigma.

Oh, yeah, X doesn't have Funko. I thought he did, but apparently it was only Mega Man.

Who knows?

At least those amiibo came out WAY after the characters themselves came out. Nintendo weren't advertising a Mewtwo amiibo prior to the game's launch.

And saying Sigma's one of the main villains is just reinforcing the idea that he shouldn't be DLC.
They're advertising DLC. At least people know is gonna have a lot.

DrArchon

Oh, yeah, X doesn't have Funko. I thought he did, but apparently it was only Mega Man.

Who knows?

Best guess I have is they simply haven't decided on what to do for the premium costumes for Simga and Strider. Makes sense for Sigma, seeing as I doubt they're too focused on premium costumes for DLC characters right now, but I don't know about Strider.

Just odd I guess.

They're advertising DLC. At least people know is gonna have a lot.

Yeah I'm just giving CC shit for having Sigma be DLC. Fucking ridiculous.

But yes, at the end of the day, it's good to know the game will get a lot of support. I just wish the premium costumes weren't going to cost $4 a pop.

Neoxon

• Nice deep-cut reference with Chun's SFII arcade ending outfit, but the pants looked more like jeans than shorts (plus I don't recall us ever seeing her shoes). Either way, it looks close enough to the ending & the design is nice overall, so I'm cool with it.
  • Rocket's Bendis outfit is inoffensive, but I would have preferred his DnA outfit. Fortunately, as shown by X, characters aren't limited to just one alternate costume, so there's hope for DnA Rocket as DLC later.
  • I'm honestly a bit surprised that TrueForce X wasn't the default, but I can understand why (to line up with Classic MMX Zero). Still a cool alt regardless.
  • While I would have preferred Annihilation: Conquest Ultron to be a bit more silver, I get that they changed the color a bit to stand out from default Ultron. Love the alt either way, especially as a huge fan of DnA Cosmic Marvel. Speaking of...
  • While it does look like Marvel & Capcom censored the outfit a bit (which is understandable), I love that they gave Gamora her DnA outfit. I was expecting them to go with Black Vortex Gamora as a sort of compromise for the hooded look as far as alternate costumes, but I'm more than happy that we got the DnA design. If anything, this bodes well for the chances of Captain Marvel getting her old Ms. Marvel outfit in the future. As an aside, I'm kinda not surprised that they gave Gamora her MCU magenta tips for her hair. But said colored hair tips don't stand out from the rest of the outfit too much to the point where it's annoying, so I'll allow it.
As for the alternate colors for said costumes, I hope those actually mean that the costumes won't count as a color & that each costume each get their own set of 4 colors (preferably unlocked from the start like in SFV). That would go a long way in adding more value to the costumes.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the censored version of the Gamora costume might actually be better

hard to tell on the funko pop though

Neoxon

the censored version of the Gamora costume might actually be better

hard to tell on the funko pop though
Yeah, it looks like Marvel & Capcom gave DnA Gamora an undershirt. Again, I'm not surprised given that MvCI has less fan-service compared to other Capcom fighting games (probably due to Modern Marvel/Disney's involvement).....lack of females in the base roster notwithstanding. I don't really mind either way, it's just something I noticed with how MvCI handled its character designs.

Please don't kill me comic fans, but I'd like to see an MCU Gamora costume. She's the true waifu.
I'd also be down for MCU Gamora, but I have a gut feeling that we may get a whole slew of MCU costumes in the near future.

Drayco21

Please don't kill me comic fans, but I'd like to see an MCU Gamora costume. She's the true waifu.

The Vol 2 costume would be okay; the flowy trenchcoat look would at least be better than the generic dark leather movie superhero look from the first movie.

Do they not have the rights to use MCU designs?
I was hoping for Gamora's MCU appearance.
And Captain America. And Iron Man. And Spiderman, etc...

Ryce

Fun fact: the guy who originally created that TruForce X design, Keisuke Mizuno, is a character designer for this game.

Village

Do they not have the rights to use MCU designs?
I was hoping for Gamora's MCU appearance.
And Captain America. And Iron Man. And Spiderman, etc...

they do, marvel has the right to use everything in a game

They choose not to. Those are the designs they put on screen, the designs they sell are closer to their comic book counter parts

Top Bottom